Matt Kroc Transitions to Janae Kroc

Today I was browsing one of my favorite news/link sharing sites with a cup of coffee, and I found something rather odd, it was titled “World record powerlifter transitions to Janae Marie Kroc” naturally I thought someone forgot some words in their links title and it was about his wife, or some people were trolling, but that wasn’t the case. Instead I had found this World record powerlifter is trans and genderfluid, living as Janae Marie Kroc - Outsports.

[i] " World record holder and world champion power lifter Matt Kroczaleski has transitioned genders and has selected the name Janae Marie Kroc.

Kroc labels herself on her Instagram account: “Transgender/genderfluid Alpha Male/girly girl Lesbian in a male body.” She has been posting photos of herself on that Instagram account for over a year. It seems she had some facial reconstructive surgery in the spring of 2014 as part of her transition. She has not posted any photos of herself on her “MattKroc” Twitter account for about a year.

Some fans seem to be in disbelief, but all signs point to a transition for Kroc. Kroc’s name is well-known in bodybuilding circles for his creation of the “Kroc row” back workout.

She wrote to the site Gymflow100:

Being a total Alpha Male and transgender definitely makes me unique even in the transgender community. ... Gender identity and personality tests that I have taken in an effort to figure myself out always indicate that I am both hyper-masculine and hyper-feminine. Exactly what I need to do to be at peace with myself is something I am still not 100% certain of. Transitioning is a very difficult process and even tougher at an oder age (I'm 42). ... And living as a transgender woman that is honest about her situation is very difficult and can be dangerous. I am a very realistic person and I don't think the transitioning will magically solve all of my issues without creating new challenges. Whatever path I choose there will be sacrifices to be made."" [/i]

What is everyone’s opinion on this? Apparently (from second hand source) the Elitefts crew knew for years. Matt Kroc Is Transgender?? - TMuscle

[i]"First, yes this is really me and yes I am transgender. Second, one does not “become” transgender you are or you aren’t. I have known this since I was five years old and it has been a very heavy burden to carry. I never asked for nor did I want this. For most of my life I would have given anything to not feel the way I do and at one point it drove me to consider suicide. Now I am perfectly comfortable with who I am and have been very open about this for many years. I told Wendler and Dave Tate at Elitefts when I first signed on and they were and still are very supportive of me as are nearly all of my close friends which comprise the majority of the top lifters in the sport. Ed Coan even recently reached out to me to offer his support.

At this point I do live my life in both genders but I am still undecided about whether or not to fully transition to living as a female full time. It would solve many of the most difficult issues I have struggled with but would also be a huge sacrifice as I would have to give up much of what I have worked so hard for. I also have three amazing sons that fully support whatever decision I make but I feel that I need to be there for them as I am at least until they’re adults even if it means a great deal of sacrifice for myself.

One thing that I am 100% certain of is that if I do eventually decide to transition I would never compete in powerlifting again. I feel that would be a no-win situation and I would never want to do anything that would reflect negatively on the transgender or powerlifting communities.

If you have respectful questions ask away. I am an open book. ". [/i]

Kroc still seems like a pretty damn good person who thinks about other people from herself. For me it is just a shock because Kroc was as far as lifters go the most masculine lifter out of everyone. Like he was a former marine, beat testicle cancer, and all of that then I find this out. I hope it all works out for her.

It will work out for her.
Matt gets shit done. She will too.

1 Like

[quote]Destrength wrote:

Kroc still seems like a pretty damn good person who thinks about other people from herself. For me it is just a shock because Kroc was as far as lifters go the most masculine lifter out of everyone. Like he was a former marine, beat testicle cancer, and all of that then I find this out. I hope it all works out for her. [/quote]

I’m actually not shocked considering much of what Kroc wrote in articles and said in interviews. I don’t want to seem arrogant but my intuition is improving with each passing year it seems. When I first just saw pictures in a post on FB, I thought it was a spoof, but within minutes realized it wasn’t by recalling what was said and written.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Destrength wrote:

Kroc still seems like a pretty damn good person who thinks about other people from herself. For me it is just a shock because Kroc was as far as lifters go the most masculine lifter out of everyone. Like he was a former marine, beat testicle cancer, and all of that then I find this out. I hope it all works out for her. [/quote]

I’m actually not shocked considering much of what Kroc wrote in articles and said in interviews. I don’t want to seem arrogant but my intuition is improving with each passing year it seems. When I first just saw pictures in a post on FB, I thought it was a spoof, but within minutes realized it wasn’t by recalling what was said and written. [/quote]

Brickhead, you mean he hinted at this sort of thing? When?
Got to admit, shocked the hell outta me. Didn’t he get married recently?

Maybe I am missing something, but I am confused why some of you are calling him a her.
He is still a dude, regardless of what he thinks he is. Your desire to be something cannot actually change what you indeed are.

However, if this whole time we have all been duped, and Matt falls into the definition of a female (fe·male /ˈfēˌmāl/ adjective: female 1.of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.), then by all means, call him a her. In that case, that would be one strong chick and the record books would have to change, would they not?

[quote]blackchucks wrote:
Maybe I am missing something, but I am confused why some of you are calling him a her.
He is still a dude, regardless of what he thinks he is. Your desire to be something cannot actually change what you indeed are.

However, if this whole time we have all been duped, and Matt falls into the definition of a female (fe·male /ˈfēˌmāl/ adjective: female 1.of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.), then by all means, call him a her. In that case, that would be one strong chick and the record books would have to change, would they not?[/quote]

2/10 bait that will derail this thread for the next dozen pages.

It’s a sign of respect. No one genuinely believes Kroc is physiologically female.

Wasn’t there a thread on this guy/girl a while back about him doing his first bodybuilding show after years of powerlifting?

So for years he takes male hormones and their derivatives in high amounts. And now he must be taking female hormones? Or does he just like dressing as a woman?

:open_mouth:

Blackchucks, I think people call them a “her” out of respect. Obviously if you have a dick and don’t have a pussy (and the interior components match up), then you are indeed a dude. But if they identify with that then people will call them that out of respect, not because they necessarily agree.

Also, the record books can change, but they’d have an asterisk next to them. Pretty soon records will have to include categories for people who transitioned to their gender as opposed to people who were born their gender. Maybe one day the olympics will be divided into 4 groups. Instead of just men’s and women’s, it will also include transitioned men’s and transitioned women’s…

But still…

:open_mouth:

However, if this whole time we have all been duped, and Matt falls into the definition of a female (fe·male /ˈfēˌmāl/ adjective: female 1.of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.), then by all means, call him a her. In that case, that would be one strong chick and the record books would have to change, would they not?
[/quote]

You have no right to determine what people can and cannot call themselves. It’s not about what they are, it’s about how they self-identify. I, for one, identify as a peanut. Who are you to go around telling people I’m not, in fact, a delicious legume either whipped into a buttery texture or consumed all by my lonesome?

1 Like

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

However, if this whole time we have all been duped, and Matt falls into the definition of a female (feÃ?·male /ˈfēˌmāl/ adjective: female 1.of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.), then by all means, call him a her. In that case, that would be one strong chick and the record books would have to change, would they not?
[/quote]

You have no right to determine what people can and cannot call themselves. It’s not about what they are, it’s about how they self-identify. I, for one, identify as a peanut. Who are you to go around telling people I’m not, in fact, a delicious legume either whipped into a buttery texture or consumed all by my lonesome?[/quote]

Damn you for being delicious and high in linoleic acid.

I thought the Matt Kroc news was a joke initially. Like a story from the Onion.

Here are my thoughts on the transgender trend:

I think just like there can be aberrations during gestation regarding hearts, brains, etc., so can there be abberations with sex organs. A quick googling told me that 1 in 1,666 babies is born with ambiguous genetalia. So I wonder how many males actually have immature ovaries or a small penis/large clitoris? And how many women have undescended testicles or the like? It’s not really all that far-fetched.

And having a mix of sex organs could most definitely affect one’s hormonal panel, etc. In the past, someone identifying as the opposite sex was labeled as a freak. But the tide of public opinion is changing. And people are getting more brave about “being who they want to be.”

I’m still suffering a bit of cognitive dissonance with this issue, though.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

However, if this whole time we have all been duped, and Matt falls into the definition of a female (feÃ?·male /ˈfēˌmāl/ adjective: female 1.of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.), then by all means, call him a her. In that case, that would be one strong chick and the record books would have to change, would they not?
[/quote]

You have no right to determine what people can and cannot call themselves. It’s not about what they are, it’s about how they self-identify. I, for one, identify as a peanut. Who are you to go around telling people I’m not, in fact, a delicious legume either whipped into a buttery texture or consumed all by my lonesome?[/quote]

[quote]poophead wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I’m actually not shocked considering much of what Kroc wrote in articles and said in interviews. I don’t want to seem arrogant but my intuition is improving with each passing year it seems. When I first just saw pictures in a post on FB, I thought it was a spoof, but within minutes realized it wasn’t by recalling what was said and written. [/quote]
Brickhead, you mean he hinted at this sort of thing? When? [/quote]
I wouldn’t say “hinted”, but her articles about mental fortitude and determination do have a different sound to them now, in hindsight.

https://www.t-nation.com/powerful-words/confidence-switch

the definition of a female (fe�?�·male/ adjective: female 1.of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.)[/quote]
By that definition, women who’ve had hysterectomies and/or entered menopause are no longer female. So that’s incorrect/inaccurate.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
Maybe one day the olympics will be divided into 4 groups. Instead of just men’s and women’s, it will also include transitioned men’s and transitioned women’s…[/quote]
The Olympics, the NCAA, and several other sports organizations already allow transgender athletes to compete as their current gender after 1-2 years of the appropriate HRT.

This was also discussed last year, regarding a transgender athlete not being able to compete in CrossFit.
http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/crossfit_athlete_denied_acceptance_because_of_being_transgender

Thoroughly disagree. To repeat myself from that CF thread:

“If you spent 8+ years living your life as a member of one of those groups, and the state you lived in allowed legal documents (birth certificate, driver’s license, etc.) to say you are part of that group, and other members of that group considered you one of them (because they saw no evidence to the contrary), you’d literally have every right to call yourself “one of them” and should certainly expect to be treated as such. And you’d be entitled to raise holy hell loud and publicly when someone speaks and/or acts against that.”

So… Does he have sex with dudes now?

For all those unsure about this whole transgender thing its actually really simple. Sex and Gender are 2 different things and we often get them confused, historically because they were 99.999999% or more the same in most cases.

Transfer to PWI in 3…2…1…