T Nation

Masters 40-49 Newbie

[quote]wildefusco wrote:

[quote]celtics2022 wrote:
You need to bring up your forearms (!!!)
your bis and tris,
your upper traps,
widen your lats,
get bigger quads and hamstrings
grow some glutes

You really dont look 235…if you were a normal height of around 5’9 to 5’10 I would say you were 180 max.
[/quote]

I don’t disagree that I could use more mass, especially if you are comparing me to Jay Cutler or Dennis Wolfe. Not sure if I’d like to be THAT big even if I could. Hard to comprehend what that would take. Here’s a pic of front double-bis with the most of the others in my Open Hwt Class. I entered Masters and Open divisons in this contest. Great experience. Thanks for the comments.
[/quote]

I think you have the best looking physique up there, no homo of course.

[quote]KyleT wrote:

[quote]wildefusco wrote:

your bis and tris,
your upper traps,
widen your lats,
grow some glutes

You really dont look 235…if you were a normal height of around 5’9 to 5’10 I would say you were 180 max.
[/quote]

I don’t disagree that I could use more mass, especially if you are comparing me to Jay Cutler or Dennis Wolfe. Not sure if I’d like to be THAT big even if I could. Hard to comprehend what that would take. Here’s a pic of front double-bis with the most of the others in my Open Hwt Class. I entered Masters and Open divisons in this contest. Great experience. Thanks for the comments.
[/quote]

I think you have the best looking physique up there, no homo of course.[/quote]

I really don’t intend to derail this thread, but this has to be the most ridiculous use of “no homo” I have ever seen. We are talking about bodybuilding, what do you want them to do, announce the winner of the Mr. Olympia contest by saying “And the winner is Dexter Jackson, no homo!”?
If you’re unable to evaluate physiques from a bodybuilding standpoint, on a bodybuilding forum, without fearing that people will think you are homosexual, then this might not be the sport for you. And just a tip for life in general, this kind of qualifying remark really communicates a tremendous lack of confidence and an inordinate concern for what others think of you.
This has been a pet peeve of mine on these boards for a while, and your post sort of broke the camel’s back.

To the OP, I was most impressed with the detail and sharpness in your mid/upper back. Did you use any specific strategies for manipulating your water?

I did steam every day for at least two weeks before the contest, used Hydrozide to pull the water out of my skin, and cut my water a couple days before the show. But honestly, my upper back has always had crazy cuts. I know it is one of my strengths, so I hit rear double-bi pose often in my routine! LOL

Well done! For legs do “sissy squats” that’s what Vince Gironda told me and it works. I’m only 6ft but with long legs. Of course that was years ago, but it saved my spine now that I am 65! For calves the only thing that works is what Arnold did (and I saw it happen) as many sets as you can do!

[quote]oldtimer3 wrote:
Well done! For legs do “sissy squats” that’s what Vince Gironda told me and it works. I’m only 6ft but with long legs. Of course that was years ago, but it saved my spine now that I am 65! For calves the only thing that works is what Arnold did (and I saw it happen) as many sets as you can do![/quote]

Thanks oldtimer. I’ll try those suggestions out. Sounds like you’ve met some legends in the bodybuilding world!

What show are those pics from, out of curiosity? You kind of look like (and might be) a guy I saw compete at the Capitol of Texas Roundup 2009.

Lookin’ good man. Especially for being so tall.

They were taken at the Lackland Classic in San Antonio last November. I have been considering the Capital of Texas Roundup for this year though. I really want to be a good ten pounds heavier on stage than I was at Lackland. If I’m not ready, I will at least come up to watch. I’ve heard it is a well-run show.

Tried those sissy squats. They put some strain on the knees, but I felt them in places I’d never reached before. I’m sure it will take some time getting used to them, but I will try to work them into my routine.

[quote]wildefusco wrote:
Tried those sissy squats. They put some strain on the knees, but I felt them in places I’d never reached before. I’m sure it will take some time getting used to them, but I will try to work them into my routine.[/quote]

Interesting. Its just the opposite for me (6"2), I feel sissy sq are the least stressful for me knees, once I’ve learned to do them properly - keep the body straight (no movement at the hip), and use a couple of plates under the heels.
I never thought, though, that they are mass builders. That is news for me. I’ve used them as replacement for leg extension, which do strain my knees.

[quote]melanieamber12 wrote:

your bis and tris,
your upper traps,
widen your lats,
grow some glutes

[/quote]

…coming from a guy whom lacks MASS and/or DEFINITION in ANY of the aforementioned muscle groups.[/quote]

PWNED!

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]melanieamber12 wrote:

your bis and tris,
your upper traps,
widen your lats,
grow some glutes

[/quote]

…coming from a guy whom lacks MASS and/or DEFINITION in ANY of the aforementioned muscle groups.[/quote]

PWNED![/quote]

LOL. Looking good wildefusco. I hope I look as good as you when I hit your age. Wait a minute. That’s in less than a year! :slight_smile: