Massive Prisoners

[quote]DrVonNostrand wrote:

Then toss in the huge amount of recovery time, although I’m not sure how pleasant it could be waiting for that four o’clock pounding from White Power Bill.[/quote]

I think this is one of the most crucial factors. When these guys exercise, they go all out, but for the rest of their time, they sit on their ass. That means their bodies can devote most of their calories to muscle growth. They do not expend many calories in day to day life outside of their workouts.

[quote]baretta wrote:
I think it boils down to a lack of things to do. They have nothing else to occupy their time and have plenty of time for recovery. They also recieve adequate nutrition. why wouldn’t you be able to put mass on in this type of situation.[/quote]

Listening to some of the bitching on this site, it seems many believe that they shouldn’t even try because they might not have the genetics. That is why they marvel at prisoners who gain muscle in prison…as if prison is magic and they can’t do the same damn thing if they worked harder and were more consistent. How many times do we hear, “I trained off and on for years”? I hope to never be able to say that.

[quote]baretta wrote:
Velvet Revolver wrote:
DrVonNostrand wrote:
I’m sure some do-gooder with a study will disprove my theory, but while it lasts, think about the kind of people in jail.
These are guys who I’d bet have pretty high t-levels. Aggression and anger are essential in putting lots of guys behind bars. From domestic violence to assualt to armed robbery, these are not crimes commited by Bill Gates types.
Throw young men into a dangerous environment, and you get workout intensity that sounds like a stimulant advertisement.
Then toss in the huge amount of recovery time, although I’m not sure how pleasant it could be waiting for that four o’clock pounding from White Power Bill.

I’ll be the first do-gooder.

There is no study in the world that proves higher t levels indicate higher incidences of crime, or that criminals have SIGNIFICANTLY higher tests than non criminals. Any coincidence is purely trivial and easily disproved.

There are studies that prove in adolescent teens that engage in criminal behavior, from minor misdemeanors to felonies, often have lower test levels than normal.

Test has nothing to do with it.

Willpower and sheer determination do.

I dont think that people should be looking up to inmates as a source of willpower and determination. I think it boils down to a lack of things to do. They have nothing else to occupy their time and have plenty of time for recovery. They also recieve adequate nutrition. why wouldn’t you be able to put mass on in this type of situation.[/quote]

I’ll never see why this is so hard to understand.

You guys really don’t know anyone who was in jail?

They get in good with the cooks, or they become a cook. There is alot of trading as far as food goes too, so that’s not a problem.

They can’t drink, they can’t do drugs, nothing except workout and eat. With a little inventiveness, they come out pretty ripped.

And then there’s jails that actually have weight sets- so half the prisoners you see probably work out with weights anyway.

Well, no I don’t. At least no one’s admitted it to me.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:

FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

Sorry, that’s a stupid question. I hang out with bad people.

Natural Nate wrote:

FightinIrish26 wrote:

Sorry, that’s a stupid question. I hang out with bad people. [/quote]

I don’t hang out with “bad people” but most people I grew up around at least knew someone who had been in jail before. I guess some people are pretty sheltered.

Work for the department of corrections. Several things to note: inmates have access to ‘canteen’: they can get extra food if they want it. I cannot speak for other systems, but the food in prison is balanced and well planned. In our system, they get 3 Kcal of food a day.

Again, I can only speak for our system, but they do not sit on their asses when they are not working out. They are either in class or out working in the dairy, breaking horses, tending fields, working labor crews cleaning the local area up…a whole host of projects…

And finally, they regularly go to the gym. Not all of them, but a good 40 to 50 percent do. They pass information regarding exercises back and forth, share knowledge and really support each other in getting where they want to be. It is a positive thing for them in a basically bad place.

I won’t talk about all the bad shit that happens: the stabbings, beatings and so on. There is access to a lot of drugs (many street gangs are run from prison). The list goes on forever…

But the gym is a haven…there are very few fights that occur in the gym: it is recognized by all as being off limits. And they are devoted to working out. They drink in any information about lifting and being fit that they can.

There is more I could go into, but I would suggest that if you can, take a tour of a correctional facility.

Maybe prisoners undermine the conventional bodybuilding wisdom.

[quote]redfreddy wrote:
How the hell do inmates get huge on prison diets? I just heard that in the state of Texas, prisoners are given 2500 Calories a day…How does anyone gain any size on 2500 Cal (or even maintain size for that matter)?[/quote]

They are also allowed commasary where they are allowed to buy amino acids,protein shakes,protein bars,and other food and vitamins

Sheltered my ass. I get let out of the basement TWICE a day now so I can eat my gruel.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

FightinIrish26 wrote:

I don’t hang out with “bad people” but most people I grew up around at least knew someone who had been in jail before. I guess some people are pretty sheltered.[/quote]

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Sheltered my ass. I get let out of the basement TWICE a day now so I can eat my gruel.

[/quote]

LOL. They’re getting rough on Beverly Hills 90210, huh?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

FightinIrish26 wrote:

I don’t hang out with “bad people” but most people I grew up around at least knew someone who had been in jail before. I guess some people are pretty sheltered.[/quote]

So you mean not everyone has keg parties when their buddy gets out of county?

This is culture shock…

[quote]baretta wrote:
redfreddy wrote:
How the hell do inmates get huge on prison diets? I just heard that in the state of Texas, prisoners are given 2500 Calories a day…How does anyone gain any size on 2500 Cal (or even maintain size for that matter)?

they supplement their diets with copious amounts of anal sex and man protein.[/quote]

rofl!!

fuck weight gainer , they got spread . they are able to buy ramen , chips , beef logs in the comissary.you can get pretty fat in jail if you dont work out…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
earthshaker wrote:
naughtybox wrote:
They’re all black.

WTF is that suppose to mean?

Because dark skin absorbs more energy that light skin. That excess energy supplements the 2500 kcal/day in the diet.

Albinos on a restricted diet are always skinnier.[/quote]

So blacks have been holding the key to photosynthesis all these years? I knew they weren’t really starving in that damn continent of theirs…

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Maybe prisoners undermine the conventional bodybuilding wisdom.[/quote]

Umm…it’s more like math. More calories = more mass.

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
baretta wrote:
redfreddy wrote:

they supplement their diets with copious amounts of anal sex and man protein.

Yeah, I’ll take my workouts at the Y over getting “huge” in prison.

Sodomy would be forced on me daily in prison, but it’s only happened to me twice at the Y.
[/quote]

good one!

tin can

baretta wrote:

And then there’s jails that actually have weight sets- so half the prisoners you see probably work out with weights anyway.[/quote]

IMO they should ALL have access to free weights. It would do alot better of a job at rehabilitating then any case workers and programs do.

That was suppost to be a joke, ha-ha.

[quote]naughtybox wrote:
That was suppost to be a joke, ha-ha.[/quote]

And it was the best this forum has ever seen… Seriously that post even if it was a joke was inherently racist.
Since it implied fellons are only black.

Oh fucking please! Get over it bro. I knew it was a joke it was funny and I laughed. Black people are depicted as criminals all the time and while it’s wrong EVEN THEY CAN LAUGH AT IT. It’s smug douche-bag republicans and consercvatives that like to bandstand about politcal correctness and make up all sorts of bullshit politcally correct jargon to disguise how racist THEY really are and cover up how much they continuiously fuck over black people (and plenty of other minorities). The young buck was just joking around and alot of you didn’t realize it and started jumping down his throat (even funnier). Just leave it alone and I think this retarded topic has been brought up enough times to give it the same answer the question “How do I make my biceps bigger?” should always get. USE THE SEARCH ENGINE this has been covered before.

Btw what’s wrong with knowing people who have been in prison. There’s more of them out there then you think, and some of them are very decent people. People who’ve probably done alot of the same shit you or I have done, except they got caught.