Massive Kenyan Drought

I’m really surprised this hasn’t been discussed yet because of how big a deal this is. People and livestock are dying by the hour.

What do people feel should be done? Does anyone know of a way to help like a reliable Kenyan charity.

Try UNICEF. http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/kenya.html

It’s Obama’s fault. He’s making a drought to wipe out evidence of his birth there.

Funny you should ask…

I’ve personally visited this site and can vouch for them. These are good people. Just $10 will make a huge difference for this small, grassroots organization.

They are in the middle of a “campaign” to get onto the globalgiving platform. Part of this is total number of donors. So give up that beer you were going to drink tonight, click on the link, and donate $5. You’ll be doing well and directly helping real people.

Again, I’ve personally been there, talked with Vincent, and met beneficiaries. I’ve seen the crops being grown, the seeds, the wells, the community… it’s a great organization. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

One more thing, he’s trying to connect with people in the first world via facebook. A difficult task given that he has to travel 30 min by Matatu (small van-bus) to get to an internet cafe. Here is Vincent’s facebook page. I spoke with him today via the “chat” function. His English is excellent, although not Americanized. I’m sure he would love to talk with you there if you have any specific questions for him directly.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1042396217#/profile.php?id=1422937470&ref=ts

I was linked to this today: Brothers Self Help Group -- Kenya - YouTube

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Funny you should ask…

I’ve personally visited this site and can vouch for them. These are good people. Just $10 will make a huge difference for this small, grassroots organization.

They are in the middle of a “campaign” to get onto the globalgiving platform. Part of this is total number of donors. So give up that beer you were going to drink tonight, click on the link, and donate $5. You’ll be doing well and directly helping real people.

Again, I’ve personally been there, talked with Vincent, and met beneficiaries. I’ve seen the crops being grown, the seeds, the wells, the community… it’s a great organization. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
[/quote]

Thanks so much, I’ll see what I kind find out tonight!