Massive Eating

I just read massive eating by DR.Berardi and I have a few questions. He suggest you eat most of your carbs post workout and 4-6 hours after ,but then resume to P+F meals. If I w/o at around 1 p.m would that mean that almost all my meals at the end of the day would be p+c? SAMPLE:

MEAL 1: p+f
meal 2: p+f
meal 3: p+f

workout:1 hour

meal 4: p+c
meal 5: p+c
meal 6: p+c

one more question should I try to eat 8 meals instead of 6 and although Berardu states you should eat most carbs during w/o and 4-6 hours post, should breakfast have carbs like oatmeal?

Just so you know, many bodybuilders grow just fine without worrying about p+f or p+c meals. If you choose to follow that, fine, but don’t think it is necessary or will somehow result in more progress than simply understanding the basics involved in what you are doing.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Just so you know, many bodybuilders grow just fine without worrying about p+f or p+c meals. If you choose to follow that, fine, but don’t think it is necessary or will somehow result in more progress than simply understanding the basics involved in what you are doing.[/quote]

I thought it would because by seperating them you can reduce fat gain and burn fat. I don’t believe it will burn pounds of fat but keeping fat gain at bay is better, seeing how I still have some fat on me. Cutting the fat completelt then gain lean mass would be dumb.

If you do choose to go along the route of PF and PC meals, I would always make breakfast include carbs. There was even a thread on here, a while back, discussing drinking Surge for breakfast.

That may be a little extreme, but the point is that sleep is catabolic. The way to avert as much catabolism as possible, is to replenish glycogen stores via carb consumption in the morning.

You may also want to try taking on the 80g of micellar casein protocol before bed (along with a hearty swig of olive oil and some fish oil capsules).

Both of these tips have helped by bulking efforts tremendously over the past 7 months.

[quote]xXevanXx wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Just so you know, many bodybuilders grow just fine without worrying about p+f or p+c meals. If you choose to follow that, fine, but don’t think it is necessary or will somehow result in more progress than simply understanding the basics involved in what you are doing.

I thought it would because by seperating them you can reduce fat gain and burn fat. I don’t believe it will burn pounds of fat but keeping fat gain at bay is better, seeing how I still have some fat on me. Cutting the fat completelt then gain lean mass would be dumb.[/quote]

…and now you know that many bodybuilders with great physiques don’t give a shit about seperating their food that way. In fact, many still just try to get in most carbs before later on in the day and leave it at that. What I am trying to get you to do is avoid looking at some of the OPINIONS on this board as LAW.

How long have you been eating massively? Not in the P+C and P+F kinda way, but just as in taking in large amounts of food. If you have been doing it for a while (at leat 6 months would be a minimum) and you are noticing abnormal fat gains, you might want to try either backing off the calories, and if that doesnt work THEN I would worry about seperating fats and carbs

I tried it out and it ends up being a hassle at times for the minute increase if gains it MIGHT result it.

true making the meals trying to make sure nly a certain amount of carbs were in some meals and fat in others was a hassle. I think I am just going to increase the calories and meals for a while and see hoew it goes for a while.

I have two questions though since I was on the t-dawg diet ,should I slowly increase calories I am thinking of starting at arounf 2750.

Also I dont know if my calculation were wrong but when I made my diet for the first day my total calories were not in line with the macros:

Cal: 2754 Pro:305 Carb:208 Fat:96.4

With these numbers should the calories not be higher?

true making the meals trying to make sure nly a certain amount of carbs were in some meals and fat in others was a hassle. I think I am just going to increase the calories and meals for a while and see hoew it goes for a while.

I have two questions though since I was on the t-dawg diet ,should I slowly increase calories I am thinking of starting at arounf 2750.

Also I dont know if my calculation were wrong but when I made my diet for the first day my total calories were not in line with the macros:

Cal: 2754 Pro:305 Carb:208 Fat:96.4

With these numbers should the calories not be higher?

anyone?

Yes, increase cals slowly (Berardi says 250 a week… I think you could probably do 500), Your calculations on the massive eating plan only put you at 2750?? I find that very hard to believe.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Yes, increase cals slowly (Berardi says 250 a week… I think you could probably do 500), Your calculations on the massive eating plan only put you at 2750?? I find that very hard to believe.[/quote]

no way it puts me at about 4200 but I was on the t-dawg eating 2125 a day would not adding to much be a bad thing?

what about the macros adding up to be more then the calories.

Oh, since you’re going to be eating massive… just know, you’re going to be taking massive shits, as well. Dont feel the need to start a new thread about it.

…Just throwin’ it out there. :wink:

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Oh, since you’re going to be eating massive… just know, you’re going to be taking massive shits, as well. Dont feel the need to start a new thread about it.

…Just throwin’ it out there. ;)[/quote]

Ha, no doubt. And Massive Gas.

Just eat dude. Eat. Eat carbs, proteins and fat…but just kinda keep in the back of your head that eating 3 potatoes followed by a handful of peanuts might not be agreat idea.

Here is what I recommend:

1 - Make sure you can eat to gain weight consistantly

2 - Make sure you eat a good variety of the macros without worrying about the mixing

3 - If you are consistantly gaining weight for long periods, and seem to be adding too much fat, THEN try out the massive eating PF and PC meals. It’s really not necessary I think to be wrorrying about when the results are minimal for you.