Massive Eating Suggestions

After reading several mass eating programs, I’ve decided to go with Berardi’s. The only problem is I don’t have all the resources yet to completely do it yet. At 5’9" 135 lbs and 8% body fat, I’d say a mass eating program would most likely be a good idea for me. I already have a healthy diet, it’s just that I know realize I havne’t been getting enough calories to grow. This is my idea so far as to how i’ll go about the diet, I just don’t know what to do for the low carb/high fat parts of each day.

Breakfast:Optimum Power cereal-1 cup
Skim milk in ceral-1 cup
4-6 egg whites
Grapes

Snack:High fat part i need help with

Lunch:Grilled chicken breast
Whole Wheat Spaghetti
Apple
1 cup skim milk

Post-Workout:1 cup skim milk
Banana
1/2 cup blueberries
or strawberries
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition
whey powder to make shake

Snack:High fat part I need help with

Dinner:1 cup tuna
4 slices whole wheat bread
for tuna
broccoli
grapes

snack:The last high fat part i need help with

Of course I need this all to come out to around 3300 calories each day so any suggestions as to what I can add on, and obviously what I need to go out and buy for the high fat/low carb part is appreciated. Thanks

[quote]FTG05 wrote:
After reading several mass eating programs, I’ve decided to go with Berardi’s. The only problem is I don’t have all the resources yet to completely do it yet. At 5’9" 135 lbs and 8% body fat, I’d say a mass eating program would most likely be a good idea for me. I already have a healthy diet, it’s just that I know realize I havne’t been getting enough calories to grow. This is my idea so far as to how i’ll go about the diet, I just don’t know what to do for the low carb/high fat parts of each day.

Breakfast:Optimum Power cereal-1 cup
Skim milk in ceral-1 cup
4-6 egg whites
Grapes

Snack:High fat part i need help with

Lunch:Grilled chicken breast
Whole Wheat Spaghetti
Apple
1 cup skim milk

Post-Workout:1 cup skim milk
Banana
1/2 cup blueberries
or strawberries
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition
whey powder to make shake

Snack:High fat part I need help with

Dinner:1 cup tuna
4 slices whole wheat bread
for tuna
broccoli
grapes

snack:The last high fat part i need help with

Of course I need this all to come out to around 3300 calories each day so any suggestions as to what I can add on, and obviously what I need to go out and buy for the high fat/low carb part is appreciated. Thanks[/quote]

I like to eat fish with added tablespoons of olive oil.
example today 140gms of kippers with 5 tablespoons of olive oil gave me around 30 gms protien 64 gms fats thats 575 cals from good fats and 90 cals of protien. cheers

[quote]FTG05 wrote:
I just don’t know what to do for the low carb/high fat parts of each day.
[/quote]

Some suggestions:

• Chicken and cheese
  • Cheese and chicken
  • Turkey and cheese
  • Cheese and turkey
  • Beef and cheese

OK, OK, I could go on all day, but I’m sure you’ve realised by now that a) it ain’t easy, and b) I have little imagination.

Seriously though, I think people tend to go for protein, added oils (flaxseed, omegas and the such) with nuts and veggies. Berardi says that it’s OK to eat some veggies in a P+F meal cos they’re low-cal and mostly fibre. You could try peanut buttered chicken breast. I just made that up, but I think I might actually try it myself!

And you are completely right, with your body stats, what you need is to eat loads of good food and move some weights around.

Good luck!

M.

PS: Make sure you take a picture of yourself today, then another one every couple of weeks so you can post them here :slight_smile: I think it motivates everyone (not only you) to see these progress pics.

I personally don’t like the fruits for pwo purposes. Fructose is not optimal after a workout. Try dextrose (glucose) instead.

As far as healthy fats…I love almonds w/ some protein.

It was already mentioned, but natural peanut butter is great for a snack, and don’t forget the vegetables. Most vegetables do not count as carbs.