Massive Eating Question?clarification

Hey, there, greekdawg. Yup, once again you’re dead on. I agree with Timbo (and John Beardi). Save that maltodextrin/insulin spike for post-workout. It would do you no good and actually be counterproductive.

Katphan, very well said!!!

are you kidding bro. 400g of carbs would be under my belt by ealry afternoon with four meal to go… im i little heavier tho but it is totally do-able. Mmmmmm… must eat…

You mentioned the 400 gms of carbs would be under your belt by early afternoon - kudos, because so few people on here talk about eating lots of carbs. I fear newcomers somehow think they can gain mass by eating lots of P with a minimum of C. At the generally accepted 2-3 grams of carbs per LBM to gain, that is a heck-of-alotta carbs. The biggest problem people have is not eating enough, followed by not eating right

This is a great thread. I’ll throw my little dilemma into this mix of experts. JMB says P+C 2 meals after workout, right? He also says for maximum fat loss, only P+F meals for your last 3 meals. I work out at night, and my goal now is fat loss. Obviously, I take my Surge during and right after training (P+C) for maximum recovery, so now what do I do before bed? P+C for muscle building, or P+F for fat loss? Does the fact I just worked out change these rules? Thanks for the advice, all!

Hi, Nick. You’re not the only one of JB’s students/disciples who have asked this question. In this case, yes, the fact that you work out in the evening changes the rules. Take your Surge postworkout. About an hour to an hour and a half later have another P+C meal. Depending on when you go to bed, if you’re due for another meal, make it a P+C meal also.

Post workout, your body is extremely insulin sensitive and is hungry for and would benefit from the carbs you provide it.