massive eating, glucose tolerance, and r-ala

I wanted to thank everyone that contributed. I did get the answers to the questions I have been looking for. I am going to go the 50% carb route vis a vie the massive eating route. I just had a high glycemic P+C and my arms feel like they are about to bust through my skin. I am doing 4-AD right now and Marc’s Mechanical Advantage. I obviously want to maximize everything so I have been really focusing on eating plenty. I just wanted to make sure I was taking advantage of the proper ratios for how my body reacts to carbs. After Mechanical Advantage, I will probably do 5X5 for two weeks and then Joel’s 12 week max size program with Mag-10. I can’t wait.

Just a funny story… When JB came out with the article about the glucose tolerance test a few years back, I went right out and bought an 8 dollar generic glucometer… I was 17 at the time and my brother and dad thought I was crazy… so one night I didn’t take my night time shake because you are supposed to fast 12 hours before doing to test. The next morning I did my first fasting blood test. Then I took the glucose beverage and did some more tests. At this time, no one was at my house and I was doing this experiment by myself. After a short amount of time, I was very close to passing out! I could hardly prick myself for the blood strips. All I could think was that my brother and dad are going to come home and find me dead with a glucometer in my hand! haha… it was the wierdest feeling… but it went away and my glucose tolerence was right on the money of JB’s numbers that were supposed to be good readings. Just remember, if youre going to do the test, have someone with you!

For me the carb meal after my PWO shake fills me out much better. I get a hot/full muscle feeling and vains come out. When I have something like Surge I actually feel like I flaten out a bit.
This may be do to the fact that I don’t respond well to fast acting carbs.

I got to thinking the other day maybe a fast acting PWO drink is not for me. Maybe it dosn’t work for everyone.

I decieded to experiement on myself. Keep in mind my goal is to lose body fat [bf lose is my main goal] while still putting on some muscle.
Here is the plan:
Pre workout meal P+F 2-3hrs before training. Fishoil or flax oil with meal.
Pre workout shake 5-10 grams of Ice BCAA.
Mid workout shake 20-30min 30-35 grams of Bcaa.
Postworkout 30-45 min after training
C+P up to 100grams of carbs and 50-75 grams of protein. Oatmeal and Grow, or a cereal and Grow with some fruit and possibly a little sugar.

I’ve been doing this for about a week and so far I like it. Too early to tell how great it will work but I feel much better doing this, rather then injesting the fast acting carbs post workout.

Not to high jack the thread but anyone have any thoughts on this?
Anyone have a similar experience?

JA

Anyone???

Hard to compare jackass since I dont do all that technical drinking before/during/after workout…

I just take my surge during and post workout, and have really liked it (when comparing it to homemade drinks i previously used).

Yeah, I don’t know anyone who hasn’t responded better to Surge than any other concoction. You might be an exception… But if you are, you’re a really rare exception.