T Nation

Massive Eating for HS Fooball Player

Hey everyone this is my first post! I’ve been lurking here for a few months now reading up on the massive amount of info on this wonderful website. I’m 17 years old,~5’8" 175 pounds and going to be a senior in highschool next year playing either defensive end or outside linebacker. I know I don’t really have the large frame required for either of those positions, but I go to a small school that somewhat has a history of smaller guys dominating thoes positions. I’ve been following pushing iron for the gridiron, the training routine on John Berardi’s website designed for the off season of football players. I’ve had decent strength gains, but I know my eating is keeping me back (I haven’t gained any weight but I have decently altered my body comp). All this time, I’ve just been trying to eat clean 6 times a day. I’ve cut out fast food and ditched the soda. Now that the summer is here and practice is starting, I need to make a well structured diet. This one is just going to be the starting point at about 3500 calories a workout day and 3000 a regular day. I will be adding more calories in the weeks to come once my body gets used to eating more. I’d really apreciate if you guys would give me some critisim/advice for my summer diet.

ok so here’s my diet I made at fitday.com (in order that i will eat):

30% Fat 110 grams(8%Saturated, 5%poly, 13%mono)
37% carbs 348 grams (54 grams fiber)
32% Protien 261 grams

Meal 1: Oatmeal, berries, scoop Grow!, small amount natty pb

Meal 2: Almonds, beef jerkey, apple

Meal 3: Spinach salad w/ olive oil, avocado, salmon, small amount cheese

Meal 4: Grow! Bar and bannana

Meal 5 PWO: Surge or gartorade+whey

Meal 6: Chicken, sweetpotato, broccoli

Meal 7: Whole wheat spaghetti, tomato sauce

Meal 8: Cottage cheese, scoop Grow!, 3 fish oil capsules, and cashews

Meal 1: Oatmeal, berries, scoop Grow!, small amount natty pb

Meal 2: Almonds, beef jerkey, apple

Meal 3: Spinach salad w/ olive oil, avocado, salmon, small amount cheese

Meal 4: Grow! Bar and bannana

Meal 5 PWO: Surge or gartorade+whey

Meal 6: Chicken, sweetpotato, broccoli

Meal 7: Whole wheat spaghetti, tomato sauce

Meal 8: Cottage cheese, scoop Grow!, 3 fish oil capsules, and cashews[/quote]

all of your meals look good

sweet. Well then i got some shopping to do tomorrow. No one has suggestions of anything to add? No superfoods that I am missing?

Meal 7 is just carbs with no protein? Or does that sauce have meat in it?

ill probably add some meat to that. Any suggestions for lowfat meatballs?

Hey… I’m kinda of in the same situation. Im 17, play OLB and weigh about 190 (still small). Your diet looks real good. One thing I would recommend is to have the same PW during pre-workout… drink half 20 min. b4 workout and sip the other half during your workout. And remember if you are ever on the go and you need a P+C meal or a P+F meal, you can use 2 scoops of Grow! + 1 cup of ground oatmeal (P+C) or 2 scoops Grow! + mixed nuts or ground flax (P+F). Just never go more than 3 hours without eating.

Good Luck.