Mass Monsters or Photoshop?

[quote]cougarenegade wrote:
very true x. ronnie did the same thing with his quads. coleman’s back could even look soft at times until he decided to flex it.[/quote]

That Jell-O quad shake is about the oldest posing activity I’ve ever seen besides the usual shots.

You see it in every contest.

It looks kind of nasty but the drama is seen when the hard flex comes and POW! It’s like it changes from liquid to steel in a millisecond.

Pretty cool IMO but nothing faked (aside from the obvious Photshops) and nothing new.

I agree with the boys just watch some clips on youtube lots of guy’s shake out there quads and the look just like jello but then when they flex it you see every stritation and great muscle seperation! so it just make you think people out there can acheive this look and it be solid Muscle!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Electric_E wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

You have obviously not seen too many bodybuilding contests. [/quote]

No you are right I have not

Electric_E wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
That leg video? I doubt he’s used Synthol.

But everyone be aware, yes that guy has big legs… but they’re being shot from below. That means there’s a good deal of visual foreshortening happening. If he had been filmed straight-on from a few feet away, you’d see his legs are not quite as large as they seem.

And IMHO, Coleman’s legs look better. More sweep and taper = better lines.

Which is partly why I question synth use, There sems to be too much movement in the seperate quad muscle, for muscles of that size they do not appear to be very firm.

You have obviously not seen too many bodybuilding contests. Yates was known for shaking his quads like that and it looked like Jell-O…until he flexed them. I would bet that anyone with quads anywhere near 30" is very aware of this.[/quote]

Er… at 21-22" i can shake my quads a good amount and flex them, but its not nearly as dramatic as these. Im pretty sure lots of people can “shake” large muscles, i’ve even see a video* of arnold shaking his arms. Try it, i was able to get a very small shake with my arms, and when you flex it just hardens.

*EDITED

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Here’s the real question:
Would any of you NOT want legs (and upper body to match) like that?[/quote]

Sport? But why do I bother saying these things when I just get axed. Lol.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Electric_E wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
That leg video? I doubt he’s used Synthol.

But everyone be aware, yes that guy has big legs… but they’re being shot from below. That means there’s a good deal of visual foreshortening happening. If he had been filmed straight-on from a few feet away, you’d see his legs are not quite as large as they seem.

And IMHO, Coleman’s legs look better. More sweep and taper = better lines.

Which is partly why I question synth use, There sems to be too much movement in the seperate quad muscle, for muscles of that size they do not appear to be very firm.

You have obviously not seen too many bodybuilding contests. Yates was known for shaking his quads like that and it looked like Jell-O…until he flexed them. I would bet that anyone with quads anywhere near 30" is very aware of this.

Er… at 21-22" i can shake my quads a good amount and flex them, but its not nearly as dramatic as these. Im pretty sure lots of people can “shake” large muscles, i’ve even see a video* of arnold shaking his arms. Try it, i was able to get a very small shake with my arms, and when you flex it just hardens.

*EDITED[/quote]

Which is why it surprises me that people think this is odd. The only explanation is that they aren’t carrying much muscle mass and aren’t expose to anyone who is. The guys in the pro ranks are the ones who look ridiculous when they do it.

That guy’s legs look that big becaause of the angle of the camera. He is nowhere near as big as Ronnie Coleman. There is also nothing there to indicate synthol use. He’s just well built.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
This is the opposite of what is happening here, but it should help to clarify what is going on here:

Photoshop (Fat=Very Beautiful) - YouTube [/quote]

from the youtube comments

“she was already beautiful bitch”

<<< There is also nothing there to indicate synthol use. He’s just well built.[/quote]

I was just gonna say that. Definitely a colossal pair of legs.

One of the photoshop jobs is of Scott Kleine who unfortunately passed away. He was awesome as an amateur and I thought he could have made it to the pros. He was only in his early 30s when he died, if I recall correctly.

This reminds me of the Marcus Wolfcamp thread, in all its glory.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2066443

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
I know SOME of these have to be photoshop, but can people explain

[/quote]

Guys, look at that pic of Marcus Rhul again. During the off season and taking the pic from a certain angle, I think he might possibly be that big in real life. My first impression of the pic is that it’s a photoshop job but looking at it few more times, I’m not so sure anymore. Perhaps somebody who’s a photoshop expert and with a good monitor can tell if it’s real or not? I’ve seen other pics of Yates and Coleman during off season and they look impressively big, almost cartoonish proportions. So I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s really how big Marcus Rhul is.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
This reminds me of the Marcus Wolfcamp thread, in all its glory.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2066443

[/quote]

but is it “it’s” or its? oh yea let me keep reading that thread to find out…

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
at 21-22" i can shake my quads a good amount and flex them[/quote]

We have the same leg size. You just inspired me to practice that.