T Nation

Mass Monsters or Photoshop?

I know SOME of these have to be photoshop, but can people explain to me how the hell it is possible to look this big. I am including them all because I just can’t decide which is photoshop and which is WTF. My BEST guess would be water weight.

Throwing a picture of ronnie up for comparison:
http://www.arthurshall.com/images/custom_images/ron_coleman_2.jpg

How the hells:
http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-steroids-naahhh-0q5.jpg

And a video of someone who actually has monsterous legs:
http://www.videovat.com/videos/2010/bodybuilding-huge-gains-quads-and-thighs.aspx

The first of Ron Coleman is real. The rest are all VERY obvious photoshop jobs.

The first one is the Big Nasty in all his glory. the rest are chopped.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
The first of Ron Coleman is real. The rest are all VERY obvious photoshop jobs. [/quote]

Except for the video, but yea, I just suck at determining whats shopped.

This is the opposite of what is happening here, but it should help to clarify what is going on here:

Cortes WTF were you thinking posting that up??

I’m going to have to spoon my eyes out and pour peroxide in the sockets to clean that out. Sheeeit.

*)

It get’s better…you just have to wait for it.

The video… I wish i had legs like that

Conquistador! what the fuck! Who says fat chicks can’t be sexy?

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
The video… I wish i had legs like that[/quote]

I know, me too. Not even Ronnie’s legs can beat his.

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
I know, me too. Not even Ronnie’s legs can beat his.[/quote]

c’mon dude those legs are impresive BUT no where near Ronnie’s legs

Ehhh, provide a picture where his legs look as good and as big as that guy’s, and I’ll take back what I said :P. It may be because the definition the guy has in his legs and all the non-major muscles that just are screaming out that make it look good. Quads are amazing, hamstring are very good.

Are we quite possibly seeing a large amount of synthinol use in the legs video?

That leg video? I doubt he’s used Synthol.

But everyone be aware, yes that guy has big legs… but they’re being shot from below. That means there’s a good deal of visual foreshortening happening. If he had been filmed straight-on from a few feet away, you’d see his legs are not quite as large as they seem.

And IMHO, Coleman’s legs look better. More sweep and taper = better lines.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

But everyone be aware, yes that guy has big legs… but they’re being shot from below. That means there’s a good deal of visual foreshortening happening. If he had been filmed straight-on from a few feet away, you’d see his legs are not quite as large as they seem.

And IMHO, Coleman’s legs look better. More sweep and taper = better lines.[/quote]

Which is partly why I question synth use, There sems to be too much movement in the seperate quad muscle, for muscles of that size they do not appear to be very firm.

I doubt it’s synthol. It seems like synthol just blots out any striations or separation, which this guy has. Trey Brewer and Tom Platz have/had re-fucking-dickulously big legs with no synthol.

Yeah I dont think its synthol, its just the angle and the positioning. They look bigger because there isnt really a relative comparison other than his waist. But I gotta admit they seem like massive and well developed quads. As for the movement its just because of the amount of mass he has going on.

Here’s the real question:
Would any of you NOT want legs (and upper body to match) like that?

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

And IMHO, Coleman’s legs look better. More sweep and taper = better lines.

Which is partly why I question synth use, There sems to be too much movement in the seperate quad muscle, for muscles of that size they do not appear to be very firm.
[/quote]

You have obviously not seen too many bodybuilding contests. Yates was known for shaking his quads like that and it looked like Jell-O…until he flexed them. I would bet that anyone with quads anywhere near 30" is very aware of this.

very true x. ronnie did the same thing with his quads. coleman’s back could even look soft at times until he decided to flex it.