Mass Made Simple vs Superhero Program

Hi guys!

I’m currently recovering from an Achilles tendonitis from which I’ve lost a lot of weight (current weight: 154lbs). So I’m really interested in doing a mass building program and eating right again. The best gains I’ve made in my life were with a 5x5 Texas Method training program (so my body reacts good to volume), but I’d still consider myself a beginner.

Now I’m not sure whether I should do “Mass Made Simple” by Dan John (link: Mass Made Simple - Bigger Stronger Leaner - COMMUNITY - T NATION although I’d buy the ebook on amazon) or the “Superhero Program” from '06 by CT (link: http://www.T-Nation.com/portal_includes/articles/2006/06-021B-training.html ).

I like the upper body focus of the Superhero program, but I love the simplicity of Dan John’s program. What bothers me is that I might not be able to load my legs fully because of the tendon, which is about 90% ready (hence the upper body focus).

Thoughts?

[quote]paperman wrote:
The best gains I’ve made in my life were with a 5x5 Texas Method training program [/quote]

Think you answered your own question there.

Yeah you’re right, but like I mentioned I’m not sure about loading the legs that much (the volume was crazy there) so I thought I might try another program.

Mass made simple is great. Do it.

I’ve been doing the Superhero prog. for 3 weeks now. Im no stranger to weight training myself but still consider myself a beginner. I love the program but keep in mind the plyo exercises that are involved in that one may do harm to your tendon as well. you could skip them I guess, but i think its a fairly balanced program.

Thanks for your answers!

@jcamp414 you misread. I meant the Superhero program from '06, not the one on the front page right now. The old one doesn’t have any plyometrics in.