Mass Gain - Rugby

i’m currently 100 kgs, 18 years old and keep getting told need to gain at least 10 kgs if i want to play at a higher level and am struggling to get the weight on. any training or nutrition ideas that can help me do this as fast as possible?

i play rugby at a university level in canada. weight gain is a very important aspect in the offseason. my team is currently running a very strict offseason program that deals with muscle mass. for somebody your size and age 10kg should be pretty easy. i would start by doubling your caloric intake, and changing your workout routines to cater to the fact that you dont want to lose much weight, but you’d like your weights to go up. gained 35 pounds in a month by just doing a very unhealthy bulk (eating everything and anything) i felt sluggish for a few weeks but one month later im heavier and almost as athletic as i was before. good luck!

How tall are you and roughly how lean (or fat) are you?

Forget about “as fast as possible”, unless you’re fine with adding a significant amount of fat.

DeFranco’s Westside for Skinny Bastards puts size and strength on high school kids for football. Pretty much exactly what you need.

This article has some solid tips. Basically make sure you focus on having plenty of protein, carbs, and fats; not trying to avoid any of them and not eating like a pre-contest bodybuilder; and eat consistently, 3 or more meals a day, 7 days a week.