T Nation

Mass Effect Movie

This has real potential to be a great movie. Think part Wild West part space epic.

I’m hopin they make The Dark Tower series into something … movie or mini-series or something like that …

…aaaaaaand it looks like I get both … With Ron Howard directing … hmmmm

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I’m hopin they make The Dark Tower series into something … movie or mini-series or something like that … [/quote]

I love this series, it sucked to wait 14 years between the first and last. However I have read where King saw the gunslinger as Eastwood who will play the part? Brolin maybe. Sorry to hijack.

IMO It will make for a cheesey movie.

Great game though.

I am looking forward to a possible metal gear movie.

while i loved the games, when will hollywood realize that movies based on video games are always awful? i hope this is the exception.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
while i loved the games, when will hollywood realize that movies based on video games are always awful? i hope this is the exception.[/quote]

No more orginal ideas and rebooting every movie made 20 years ago is getting old. So gaming is the only industry with new ideas.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
while i loved the games, when will hollywood realize that movies based on video games are always awful? i hope this is the exception.[/quote]

There’s a few video game movies on the horizon I have high hopes for, but the past keeps me from getting too excited…

Ok, thinking about it … I know who should play Joker … Seth Green

Whadya all think??

But seriously, I think it’ll be a cool ass movie regardless … i mean it’s already set up like a fuckin’ movie as it is…

I have said this in other threads, who ever writes the screen play needs to be good. Also director of course. If it is a shit script it will be a shit movie.

Well, it’s got more potential than other video game movies. I mean, mass effect/bioware is known for their solid writing, so there is SOME hope.

…ah who am I kidding, it’s going to bomb isn’t it?

Unless of course they pass it off as a subtle parody/satire with the skintight 50’s style bodysuits and… what the hell am I talking about?