I came just watching this.

[/quote]

Damn your easy, if that all it takes?

You plan on PS3 or Xbox?[/quote]

Haha!

Xbox baby. Xbox.

Shit. I feel so bad. The last game I played on PS3 was Deus Ex, HR
[/quote]

I am cheap, PS3 is free online and the blue ray. I have a XBox I just dont get the same out of it. To each his own.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I am cheap, PS3 is free online and the blue ray. I have a XBox I just dont get the same out of it. To each his own. [/quote]

Dang it. Now that you’re saying this, I will get the game on the PS3. Graphics and resolution are actually better than the Xbox, I reckon.

Or on the PC. Connect it to the wide screen and play all night, surround on full blast. Haha.

Amazing so far, only got in about 2.5 hours last night. Not disappointed in the least.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I am cheap, PS3 is free online and the blue ray. I have a XBox I just dont get the same out of it. To each his own. [/quote]

Dang it. Now that you’re saying this, I will get the game on the PS3. Graphics and resolution are actually better than the Xbox, I reckon.

Or on the PC. Connect it to the wide screen and play all night, surround on full blast. Haha.

[/quote]

Get it on whatever Mass Effect 1 & 2 were on. Importing your saves and living with your “choices” is the big thing that makes the ME series distinct. If ME 2 was XBOX than you need to go XBOX.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Get it on whatever Mass Effect 1 & 2 were on. Importing your saves and living with your “choices” is the big thing that makes the ME series distinct. If ME 2 was XBOX than you need to go XBOX.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

This. That being said, I’ve seen snippets that imply there have been issues with carrying over faces that were originally created in ME1. I sincerely hope that’s not the case, cause I’ve kind of grown attached to the particular look of my good shepard and my bad shepard over the course of the last 2 games.

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

I’ve been a bit overzealous and got it on PS3 and Xbox. For research purposes of course, ya know what I mean?..

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

ive never played ME or ME2 are the choices made in the previous games that important? would i ruin the experience starting from part 3?

[quote]25th wrote:

ive never played ME or ME2 are the choices made in the previous games that important? would i ruin the experience starting from part 3?[/quote]

I wouldn’t say the choices are that important since default choices are offered to first timers. However you’ll miss out on some interesting story lines and follow up of some events that happened in the previous instalments.

Also your interaction with some characters from the first two series may be different. For example, I’ve got ME3 on Xbox and PS3. I’ve played the first two series on Xbox. On the Xbox, person A was my lover in ME2 and will recognize me in ME3. But on the PS3, since I have no saves from ME1 and ME2, person A doesn’t know me and looks at me as if I’m a piece of garbage. Haha.

You could start up with ME2 if you like. At least you won’t be too confused when playing ME3.

[quote]25th wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

ive never played ME or ME2 are the choices made in the previous games that important? would i ruin the experience starting from part 3?[/quote]

Bioware is claiming you don’t need to have played 1 & 2 to play 3. I cannot believe that is true. Even if you could, you are missing the awesome of Mass Effect.

If you have a PC or X-box get a copy of ME1. It should be dirt cheap by now. Play through it. You may wind up going twice becauese there are some outcomes that you may not like/want to restart. That is fine. Then obtain a copy of ME2 and transfer you save over. Big and little decisions made in 1 will show up and impact 2. You will have the ability to alter your character’s look/class/abilities and even gender in case you make a lifestyle choice along the way (I am not gonna judge…much. Ok, kidding…but you could do it.) Use that save to go for 3.

If you are a PS3 user, there is an interactive “comic”/DLC that lets you walk through and make the major decisions in 1 so you still get some backstory for 2/3. The game might be enjoyable without doing that, but I think it would be diminished, much like only viewing the last Lord of the Rings Movie.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

I’ve been a bit overzealous and got it on PS3 and Xbox. For research purposes of course, ya know what I mean?..
[/quote]

It is only research if you wear a lab coat.
Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Ha!

Got home today and decided I would play an hour or so before I hit the gym, looked at the clock and realized I had been playing for 3.5 hours. Love this game so far, the combat is awesome.

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

[/quote]

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

damn i was afraid you might say that but, i have a lil time on my hands so if the graphics of the old games arent too distracting ill probably just play threw them, ME seems interesting to me because the choices you make seem to have consequences i got bored with skyrim because no matter what i did the story went down the same way.

Up to the Quarians/Rannoch… very enjoyable so far.

Liking it very much. Bought ME 1 and 2 about a month ago, played through ME 1 once, and ME 2 2.5 times, and now I’m 14 hours into ME 3. Awesome game. Definitely gonna have replay value for me.

they really nailed the atmosphere - when you’re on the moon around Palaven? amazing

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Liking it very much. Bought ME 1 and 2 about a month ago, played through ME 1 once, and ME 2 2.5 times, and now I’m 14 hours into ME 3. Awesome game. Definitely gonna have replay value for me. [/quote]

Wait for the ending to see how much replay it has. The spoilers I have read and Cephalic_Carnage’s spoiler post in Geek Shit have me braced for a (to keep this sci-fi/nerdy) last episode of FarScape/halfway through the Dune novels level of depressing.

I am loving the game though.

Regards,

Robert A

Meh, this is why I don’t do spoilers. After 3 I will go back to 1 and 2 and make some different decisions.

I wonder what its like for the crappy player who killed all his allies during the suicide mission in part 2?

They don’t come back in ME3.

And damn, I hate Banshees. The hardest foes I ever had to deal with. It took me about an hour to finish that simple freaking mission at the Asari monastery, 'cos them bitches kept on killing me. After completing it, I threw my controller against the wall in a victorious rage and swore that I’d never play ME3 again.

I haven’t played it for the past five days now. I know I’m missing on the awesome but I still need more time to recover…

Great game. I still Love it. Can get quite addictive if you ain’t too careful.