Mass Effect 2

ME1 is gonna take you a while to finish, but you’ll enjoy.

i haven’t gotten my hands on me2 yet. i played the first one and loved it. can’t wait to try this one out too.

Dude!! I am stoked to get this game tomorrow, I have to work a 12 hour shift before I can play it but from what I hear it will be worth the wait.

FAGS.

[quote]print wrote:
FAGS.[/quote]

Back off, dawg.

Gotta replay ME1 one more time and then dive straight in.

It looks amazing. I’ve really enjoyed every game Bioware has put out so I’m psyched.

I loved both KOTORs and Jade Empire and the Jedi Outcast games (were the Jedi games by Bio?), but I could not get into Mass Effect. I played the first one for a little while, but it never drew me in. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time? I think I had put in like 8hrs or so (I was mining planets when I quit).

I think I disliked just how open it was, sort of like Elder Scrolls Morrowind or whatever that game was. I seem to like a little structure. Is it worth revisiting once my 360 comes back from Microsoft (red ring) and I have beaten Bionic Commando?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
And if you’re stuck with a PS3…Ha ha![/quote]

I’m keeping my fingers crossed

Sweet, Wol and I are playing the same class. Right now I’m sticking with Garrus and Thane.

Got to meet up with Wrex, which was badass. Wol, did you do all the sidequest stuff for him in the first game?

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
Sweet, Wol and I are playing the same class. Right now I’m sticking with Garrus and Thane.

Got to meet up with Wrex, which was badass. Wol, did you do all the sidequest stuff for him in the first game?[/quote]

In the first game, I played the Vanguard.

-Banged the blue chick Liarra
-Got Wrex his family armor and managed to keep him alive and as my friend
-Did the side quest for Garrus
-Mined as many planets as I could

In the Mass Effect 2:

-I’m a Vanguard again
-Me and Wrex are buddies

Moral of the story: ME 2 is bad ass.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Got to meet up with Wrex, which was badass. Wol, did you do all the sidequest stuff for him in the first game?[/quote]

In the Mass Effect 2:

-I’m a Vanguard again
-Me and Wrex are buddies

Moral of the story: ME 2 is bad ass.[/quote]

EARLY SPOILERS

I was the same way with Wrex and Garrus, whole way through ME1. They’re the only characters I got the Ally Achievements with.

I didn’t bang anybody with this character, because:

A: Liarra acts like a three year old and the Asari are a stupid concept

B: Kaiden is a far more interesting character than Ashely, so i let him live.

C: Miranda is a fox, and i wasn’t sure if other romance stuff would mess with my chances with her.

Grunt is Sten from DA:O, but the rest of the new characters aren’t bad. psyched to get Legion on my team, too.

Jaeed looks like a queer.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

In the Mass Effect 2:

-I’m a Vanguard again
-Me and Wrex are buddies

EARLY SPOILERS

I was the same way with Wrex and Garrus, whole way through ME1. They’re the only characters I got the Ally Achievements with.

C: Miranda is a fox, and i wasn’t sure if other romance stuff would mess with my chances with her.

Grunt is Sten from DA:O, but the rest of the new characters aren’t bad. psyched to get Legion on my team, too.

[/quote]

SPOILER ALERT!

I haven’t got any one as a Ally yet, but I’m trying. I might kill Jack. That bitch annoys me and I don’t need her biotics skill. If I had the options, I’d walk down to the cargo bay and put a bullet in her skull. Dump her into space.

I think I’m getting close to banging Miranda, but I don’t know what affect it could have with Lliara.

Either way, I will pull a Captain kirk and bang as many chicks as possible.

How many planets have you mined?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

In the Mass Effect 2:

-I’m a Vanguard again
-Me and Wrex are buddies

EARLY SPOILERS

[/quote]

SPOILER ALERT!

I haven’t got any one as a Ally yet, but I’m trying. I might kill Jack. That bitch annoys me and I don’t need her biotics skill. If I had the options, I’d walk down to the cargo bay and put a bullet in her skull. Dump her into space.

I think I’m getting close to banging Miranda, but I don’t know what affect it could have with Lliara.

Either way, I will pull a Captain kirk and bang as many chicks as possible.

How many planets have you mined?
[/quote]
That could become a new slang term for “how many spacer chicks have you banged?” :slight_smile:

I hate you all. I want to play the damn game already, but meh… Gotta buy a new PC first. Or a console… But I want the best possible graphics damnit… And a mouse!
But PC gaming seems to go in this direction at lightspeed: Behold the future of gaming, and despair!

gawd you bastards are making me jealous…

I’m looking forward to this one. Loved the first one. I’m immersed in Dragon Age though, still (I only got it recently) so ME2 will have to wait a few weeks.

Hah cal, I’ve been at 20% in DragonAge for the past 2 months. Fucking school…

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

Dude you’re fucking nuts. I love Jack - I’m totally going to try to bang her! I like to take her and Garrus as my away team, but Miranda is pretty kick-ass too.

The first couple of hours of the game are fucking mind-blowing. The game is as cinematic as it gets - story is already pulling me in like a great sci-fi film…if U thought the Reapers were bad, wait until you meet the Collectors…

It looks gorgeous - incredibly polished, amazing lighting and epic environments (and I’ve barely seen anything yet) plus outstanding character models and weapons effects. Just overall looks impressive as hell and best of all no FR issues at all - not at all - and no texture pop-in…

The gunplay feels amazing, satisfying to blast the shit out of stuff and all the squad based stuff is back. Cover system is top-notch and overall it just feels great

I’m also really digging the whole “Dirty Dozen” style vibe of going around recruiting these badasses for a suicide mission.

I was into the mythology and characters from the first one, and this one feels like a perfect sequel along the lines of TESB. Just the meeting up with Archangel was great - just gives you that old friends in perilous new situations feel.

I love towards the end of the AA recruitment mission how after agreeing to the plan, he says "Just like old times, eh Shepard?!

Sounds great. I have several savegames to import - paragon, male, female, all three romances (didn’t care for Liara much though) and various character classes (loved Infiltrator the most, I think - though anything + sniper rifle is good).
I may have to play ME1 again as well, for the nostalgia.
How’s the music in ME2?

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

Dude you’re fucking nuts. I love Jack - I’m totally going to try to bang her! I like to take her and Garrus as my away team, but Miranda is pretty kick-ass too.

The first couple of hours of the game are fucking mind-blowing. The game is as cinematic as it gets - story is already pulling me in like a great sci-fi film…if U thought the Reapers were bad, wait until you meet the Collectors…

It looks gorgeous - incredibly polished, amazing lighting and epic environments (and I’ve barely seen anything yet) plus outstanding character models and weapons effects. Just overall looks impressive as hell and best of all no FR issues at all - not at all - and no texture pop-in…

The gunplay feels amazing, satisfying to blast the shit out of stuff and all the squad based stuff is back. Cover system is top-notch and overall it just feels great

I’m also really digging the whole “Dirty Dozen” style vibe of going around recruiting these badasses for a suicide mission.

I was into the mythology and characters from the first one, and this one feels like a perfect sequel along the lines of TESB. Just the meeting up with Archangel was great - just gives you that old friends in perilous new situations feel.

I love towards the end of the AA recruitment mission how after agreeing to the plan, he says "Just like old times, eh Shepard?![/quote]

All I’m saying is that Jack might catch a bullet in the skull.

So I am gathering from this that I should probably give ME1 another try…