T Nation

Mass/Bulking

Hey guys!

Im fairly new to the website and i have been using the search button but still cant really find something.

Im looking for a mass/bulking program. I have my diet set out but would love someone to point me in the right direction for a program. Im working towards my first contest in february or april

For nutrition:

For training:

Read over those and you will have everything you need to know.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
For nutrition:

For training:

Read over those and you will have everything you need to know.[/quote]

Everything?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
For nutrition:

For training:

Read over those and you will have everything you need to know.[/quote]

Everything?[/quote]

Everything about life and the universe. For bodybuilding, it is just a foundation to set up for years of progress.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
For nutrition:

For training:

Read over those and you will have everything you need to know.[/quote]

Everything?[/quote]

Everything about life and the universe. For bodybuilding, it is just a foundation to set up for years of progress.
[/quote]

It was more that I would hope any newb would avoid getting all their information or philosophies from any one site or one location.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
For nutrition:

For training:

Read over those and you will have everything you need to know.[/quote]

Everything?[/quote]

Everything about life and the universe. For bodybuilding, it is just a foundation to set up for years of progress.
[/quote]

It was more that I would hope any newb would avoid getting all their information or philosophies from any one site or one location. [/quote]

I agree. It seems OP hasn’t done any research, so I offered a starting place.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
For nutrition:

For training:

Read over those and you will have everything you need to know.[/quote]

Everything?[/quote]

Everything about life and the universe. For bodybuilding, it is just a foundation to set up for years of progress.
[/quote]

It was more that I would hope any newb would avoid getting all their information or philosophies from any one site or one location. [/quote]

I agree. It seems OP hasn’t done any research, so I offered a starting place. [/quote]

…and my point still stands.

The links you posted are great places to start, but do they hold everything someone would need?

Hell no…not even as a newb.

That is why PHILOSOPHY is not something you ignore.

Ignoring that leads to puppets and fan boys…not leaders.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
For nutrition:

For training:

Read over those and you will have everything you need to know.[/quote]

Everything?[/quote]

Everything about life and the universe. For bodybuilding, it is just a foundation to set up for years of progress.
[/quote]

It was more that I would hope any newb would avoid getting all their information or philosophies from any one site or one location. [/quote]

I agree. It seems OP hasn’t done any research, so I offered a starting place. [/quote]

…and my point still stands.

The links you posted are great places to start, but do they hold everything someone would need?

Hell no…not even as a newb.

That is why PHILOSOPHY is not something you ignore.

Ignoring that leads to puppets and fan boys…not leaders.[/quote]

So you posted in this thread to argue for no reason? The two links posted have quality information in them and the word everything was clearly not 100% serious, ripsaw even clarified.

Op, read those links.

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

So you posted in this thread to argue for no reason? [/quote]

No, I posted in this thread to tell the OP to keep an open mind and to NOT use those links as the base of all info. Like I said, they are nice links, but I would NOT tell someone to base all they start with there alone.

Is that much clear now or will this need another 3 pages?

No one disrespected you.

[quote]ESPmuzzy1990 wrote:
Im looking for a mass/bulking program. I have my diet set out but would love someone to point me in the right direction for a program. Im working towards my first contest in february or april[/quote]
Since you’re already 6’ and 215, what exactly are you planning to bulk up to?

Where are you currently, bodyfat-wise? Not a percentage, but a description - smooth/fattish, lean with a 2-pack, 6-pack and shoulder striations?

Just saying, 6 or 8 months isn’t what I’d call a ton of time before your contest, especially factoring however long you plan to cut for.

That said, Clay Hyght is an experienced competitor, coach, and bodybuilding judge, so I’d look into this program:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No, I posted in this thread to tell the OP to keep an open mind and to NOT use those links as the base of all info.
[/quote]

Then say that in the first place and move along.

im built. you can tell i workout, but i have a belly and i could definitely use work on some places. Ill post pics up once im back in town.

I need to get bigger…thats what iv been told, before i start cutting. i just find that i go into the gym and feel like im working out to just workout, cause i dont have a plan or workout in mind. I just lift what i feel like lifting that day.

[quote]ESPmuzzy1990 wrote:
im built. you can tell i workout, but i have a belly and i could definitely use work on some places. Ill post pics up once im back in town.

I need to get bigger…thats what iv been told, before i start cutting.[/quote]
I think pics would definitely help to see what’s what.

Like I said though, if you’re looking to do a show in February or April, that’s not really a ton of time to bulk up enough to add a bunch of quality muscle and then still do an effective, muscle-preserving cut leading up to the contest. The two worst things you could do is rush the bulk and gain too much fat or rush the cut and lose too much muscle.

A show?

Me thinks there be too many people putting carts before horses.

The carts get knocked the fuck over that way.

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

So you posted in this thread to argue for no reason? [/quote]

IMO, Professor X generally offers arguments in the dialectic tradition, but he’ll also call an asshole an asshole when he smells one. If you don’t like that, I suggest you add a second or third wipe to your deification ritual.

I will also observe that a lot of the ‘arguments’ offered against his posts are not at all reasonable (Nota bene stultus, there is a difference between having a reasonable argument with someone over facts, and attacking someone using strands of real argument to stitch together a character assassination).

I’ve been preoccupied with life lately, and will likely continue to be, but when exactly did this noxious, infantile trend begin - around the time of Justin Beaver’s ascension perhaps?

Now please excuse me, I have a date with a couple cheeseburgers, a six pack, and some Edie’s ice cream, all mixed together in a bucket with some quail eggs on top. Then my wife if I don’t explode.

Creosote out!

To clarify, I’m not calling Rattler a fool, or anyone specifically in this thread.
It’s just that the general trend of this site seems to be as I stated, and don’t like it.
OP, lurk awhile, and use the search feature to do dive into the archives.
Good luck.

About time more people wrote that out…

[quote]ickabodd wrote:

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

So you posted in this thread to argue for no reason? [/quote]

IMO, Professor X generally offers arguments in the dialectic tradition, but he’ll also call an asshole an asshole when he smells one. If you don’t like that, I suggest you add a second or third wipe to your deification ritual.

I will also observe that a lot of the ‘arguments’ offered against his posts are not at all reasonable (Nota bene stultus, there is a difference between having a reasonable argument with someone over facts, and attacking someone using strands of real argument to stitch together a character assassination).

I’ve been preoccupied with life lately, and will likely continue to be, but when exactly did this noxious, infantile trend begin - around the time of Justin Beaver’s ascension perhaps?

Now please excuse me, I have a date with a couple cheeseburgers, a six pack, and some Edie’s ice cream, all mixed together in a bucket with some quail eggs on top. Then my wife if I don’t explode.

Creosote out![/quote]

Better get back to your busy life.

[quote]ESPmuzzy1990 wrote:
I need to get bigger…thats what iv been told, before i start cutting. i just find that i go into the gym and feel like im working out to just workout, cause i dont have a plan or workout in mind. I just lift what i feel like lifting that day.[/quote]

You need to get yourself a program. You can maybe use something like 5x5 as a baseline and modify it, or even follow it to the T. Just make sure you have all the main lifts (bench, squat, deadlift, rows, presses). Simply having a schedule for working out will help you a lot.

[quote]ESPmuzzy1990 wrote:
im built. you can tell i workout, but i have a belly and i could definitely use work on some places. Ill post pics up once im back in town.

I need to get bigger…thats what iv been told, before i start cutting. i just find that i go into the gym and feel like im working out to just workout, cause i dont have a plan or workout in mind. I just lift what i feel like lifting that day.[/quote]

So you’re sporting a bit of muscle, have “a belly” right now… and you want to gain mass (which you seem to not know how to do) AND cut for a contest in 4 months? Dude… you could probably get lean by February, but I have a feeling there won’t be much muscle to show off.