Mass Building Full Body Program Done at Home?

Hi

This is my first post here so gday from Western Australia.

I am chasing a basic mass building full body program that can be done at home.
I plan to do it day on day off. On the day off I plan to do some form of cardio, this is to keep my aerobic fitness up.

my home gym consists of a combination squat bench rack with 2 barbells & about 150kg of plate weight, as well as 5 kettle bells ranging from 10 to 32kg.
I am a big believer in compound exercises & training hard.

thanks in advance
kennel

So you have a barbell, a squat rack, a bench and loads of plates? Seriously, there are SOOO many programs you can do with that… Hard to prescribe one. Remember that mass building is closely linked to mass eating.

So where is the best place to look and are there books and /or ebooks on the topic, the internet is a big place and its easy to get lost

[quote]kennel wrote:
So where is the best place to look and are there books and /or ebooks on the topic, the internet is a big place and its easy to get lost[/quote]
Top of the page, click “Articles” dropdown menu. Or top right of the page, use “Search Site” to look for something specific. There are like 15+ years of articles and programs that might fit the bill.

Just a few ideas:

But can I ask what kind of shape you’re in right now, in terms of bodyfat? Your profile has you at 5’9" and 227 pounds (176cm, 103kg). Are you pretty lean, on the chubbier side, or what?

And do you have a specific goal? “Mass building” doesn’t really give you a direction to plan for or a concrete target to shoot at.

Thanks for the direction Chris it is appreciated, my body fat percentage is 23.5%,it was 24.9 at the start of the year & I was 98 kg then. I have been a member of the local gym since December 2013. I have a program I follow at the gym, but equipment at home differs a lot.

My main goal has been to get strong because I consider myself weak & to get strong you need mass?

theres a lot of good routine that can be done at home with a barbell, rack, and bench.

If you goal is getting stronger i’d recommend you look up starting strength

if your goal is adding mass i’d recommend you look up ICF 5x5

[quote]janson8000 wrote:

if your goal is adding mass i’d recommend you look up ICF 5x5[/quote]

What if he wants both?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]janson8000 wrote:

What if he wants both?[/quote]

IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Or just pick either one. They both work fine for both strength and hypertrophy with beginners.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]janson8000 wrote:

What if he wants both?[/quote]

obviously they’re not mutually exclusive from each other, just throwing out two routine if his goals favored one or the other.

[quote]kennel wrote:
my body fat percentage is 23.5%,it was 24.9 at the start of the year & I was 98 kg then.[/quote]
Bodyfat percentages can be tricky and inaccurate, but if that’s the ballpark, you’re on the bigger side and should be really careful adding more size. Around that bodyfat level, the body finds it “easier” to add more fat than muscle as you gain bodyweight. So including some cardio on your off days should help to keep it under control, if you do choose to keep adding size.

Nope. It’s 100% possible to build strength without gaining much, if any, size. Powerlifters and Olympic lifters do it all the time, because they have to stay within certain weight classes. If you want strength without adding size, you’d keep the total training volume on the lower side and monitor calories. For more of a size influence, you’d bump both of those up.

Dude, you are very near obesity. You should just pick a simple program like starting strength and focus your attention on dieting.

You will still see strength gains and some hypertrophy as you are a beginner.