T Nation

Mass and Strength Routine-Texas Method?

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
I have tried big beyond belief after doing starting strength and got better results from it. Also, the texas method is for intermediate lifters, and you are a newbie, so it wont work as good as big beyond belief because of the limited exercise selection and the fact that it is made for intermediate lifters who have a few years under their belt and can push around some pretty heavy numbers. As a newbie your body will recover more quickly from workouts and doing the texas method or a similar program won’t work as good as other higher volume programs like big beyond belief because they will be too little work for you because of your low strength level. Here is the big beyond belief book http://www.slideshare.net/guest5ff101/big-beyond-belief and here is the thread: http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/optimum_training_systems_big_beyond_belief_program_

how tall are you?[/quote]

Could you post your routine…just something i can follow. I dont want to make my own because im sure it will have faults. i am 5’9" roughly

I would be doing the 4 day split

the routine you posted in the other thread is fine but post it up in the big beyond belief thread so that the vets there can tell you better than I can if there are any issues with your routine

[quote]GramboUSMC88 wrote:
Paste42 wrote:
GramboUSMC88 wrote:
Paste42 wrote:
GramboUSMC88 wrote:
Paste42 wrote:
so…its all based on what you feel up to doing?..say for phase one week one you do 8 sets of 6 reps…then when week 2 of phase one comes around you can complete 9 sets of 6 with the same weight. You just continue at your own pase?

oh and another thing…i saw there was four days…do you do monday-thursday?..or can you brake it up how ever you want throughout the week?

and lastly…deadlift day was day 3 and deadlifts were also in day 4…would that not be counter productive?

[/quote]

1. Yes you lift according to how you feel.
  2. I would lift four days in a row, then rest for three.
  3. IMO I don’t think its counter-productive if you make sure to eat enough and get adequate rest after those four days.