Marvel Universe Strength Scale

So Batman is supposed to be able to lift 800 lb straight overhead?

How did Bruce Wayne acquire this ability? No human can do that, including no “peak human” let alone of his size and musculature.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
So Batman is supposed to be able to lift 800 lb straight overhead?

I thought he was supposed to have no physical superpowers.[/quote]

Batman is the equivalent of comic book Jesus. He can do anything.

Perhaps he partakes of the BatJuice.

Perhaps he partakes of the BatJuice.[/quote]

That would make perfect sense and I can see Batman being obsessive enough to do it. But I think they had a storyline where he took steroids, he had mini-roid rage and he never took them again.

Or perhaps, at the time of some crossover, he obtained a sample of Steve Rogers’ blood and – being the greatest combined scientist/detective in the world – duplicated the Super Soldier serum for himself.

His purported lift is exactly the same as Captain America’s. Coincidence? I think not.

Either that, or he developed Batavar (Batabolan? Batabol?) which has three times the strength-enhancing potential of anabolic steroids, but with no adverse side effects.

I just got done watching Planet Hulk. I think when it comes to him, you have to trash that scale. His power is pretty much limitless. And Batman is just plain awesome.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
I just got done watching Planet Hulk. I think when it comes to him, you have to trash that scale. His power is pretty much limitless. And Batman is just plain awesome. [/quote]

No, no. The scale is right. When he transforms, he starts out at 75 tons. But once he starts fighting and he gets pissed. He goes to 100 and beyond

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
I just got done watching Planet Hulk. I think when it comes to him, you have to trash that scale. His power is pretty much limitless. And Batman is just plain awesome. [/quote]
Technically but there is a limit to how mad he can get. He’s like Gladiator in that sense.

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
Technically but there is a limit to how mad he can get. He’s like Gladiator in that sense.[/quote]

I disagree. Hulk is the epitome of rage. I can’t see him running out of anger in a fight.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
Technically but there is a limit to how mad he can get. He’s like Gladiator in that sense.[/quote]

I disagree. Hulk is the epitome of rage. I can’t see him running out of anger in a fight.[/quote]

I can.

Someone would have to pants him.

You think someone pulling down his purple sweats and exposing his angry green Hulk-wang is going to make him LESS angry?

[quote]John Romaniello wrote:
You think someone pulling down his purple sweats and exposing his angry green Hulk-wang is going to make him LESS angry?[/quote]

He’d hate fuck the person on the spot… I dunno how that answers your question though.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
For the record, DC doesn’t keep a Strength scale so they can lie about the power of their characters.

As for the Marvel scale, its great. But remember that the 100 ton and up class of people can lift 100 tons with ease or very stressed.

For example, Thor can lift an excess of 100 tons with ease. Hulk can lift 75 tons at the most, but after he gets angry, he goes beyond 100 ton class and doesn’t stop.[/quote]

Goddamn you dorks are fast there where 3 replies as I crafted my carefully worded retort to Barret’s assumption the DCU doesn’t have a powerscale due to them “lying” when they need to
and BAM someone finds the DC equivalent as Marvels dang.

Actually as an uberdork I have to disagree, in JLA/Avengers(which is cannon) it was established that the Marvel U capes are stronger than their DCU counterparts. After the initial misunderstading and fight Superman does his big speech and says something along the lines as "these guys need to be stronger because their villians are more sinister. But ultimatley it doesn’t matter what Marvel puts in print they can change it anytime they want ie Hulk ripping apart the tetonics plates in Planet Hulk apoclypes having whatever power he needs at the time, fuck even Cap has gone from being the peak of human perfection to having a healing factor(not as strong as Logan) and being able to press 800lbs to almost being on level with minor supers as Paladin and the like.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]ohexcardonme wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
For the record, DC doesn’t keep a Strength scale so they can lie about the power of their characters.[/quote]

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale#Peak_Human
boom, DC version [/quote]

Well holy shit, they finally did it. Took them 5 years, but at least they did it.[/quote]

I lol’d at Clark Kent(smallville) as uncalculable

Batman lifting pressing 800lbs - this is what happens when nerds create fantasy. They don’t workout and have no scope to base their assumptions.

How was Killer Kroc not mentioned?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

I disagree. Hulk is the epitome of rage. I can’t see him running out of anger in a fight.[/quote]

A few things:

Hulks power and strength cannot accurately be calculated. Who is going to be around to test him when he happens??? He’s already pissed. I don’t think you can put a limit on him.

Bone up on the Planet Hulk series. He owned everyone. Everyone.

Wol. Your avatar is incredible.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
How was Killer Kroc not mentioned?[/quote]

He was but I was surprised to see him pretty low on this scale. I think it was the up to 5 ton class. I think they name him ‘Kroc’

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

A few things:

Hulks power and strength cannot accurately be calculated. Who is going to be around to test him when he happens??? He’s already pissed. I don’t think you can put a limit on him.

Bone up on the Planet Hulk series. He owned everyone. Everyone.

Wol. Your avatar is incredible.[/quote]

Yes it can. His arch nemesis Abomination starts off at 100 ton class, which is why Abomination used to beat his ass early in the fight. But as the fight progresses and Hulk gets mad, Hulk gets stronger and stronger.

As far as Planet Hulk: He beat Juggernaut, but it wasn’t brute force. He used cunning to beat Juggs. If he hadn’t, that fight probably would have lasted for days and Juggernaut might have won. Everyone else received an ass whooping.

And yes, I love this avatar as well.

Or perhaps, at the time of some crossover, he obtained a sample of Steve Rogers’ blood and – being the greatest combined scientist/detective in the world – duplicated the Super Soldier serum for himself.

His purported lift is exactly the same as Captain America’s. Coincidence? I think not.

Either that, or he developed Batavar (Batabolan? Batabol?) which has three times the strength-enhancing potential of anabolic steroids, but with no adverse side effects.[/quote]

Batman makes his own formula called venom (I believe) and does all sorts of strong things. Then he gets teh creatine rage and decides never to do it again. Needless to say, due to lack of proper PCT he loses all his gains.

/nerd/sarcasm.