Marvel Civil War #4 Delayed

I have to agree with you guys. I read comics when I was a wee kid and I guess thats what got me into fitness and lifting, hell if spiderman could look like that in tight fitting lycra why not me! I;ve stuck with Spiderman until I was 17 or 18 but after the Clone Saga I just lost interest. I just got back into comics (thank you Bit Comet!) Ever since the Ultimate line came around. That stuff blows my mind and the quality of some of the titles kinda justifies the longass wait for them to be published. Ultimate hawkeye for example kicks ass, I mean some serious ass, I even (barely) like Campt America. Ultimate fantastic four is amazing too and I HATED the 616 versions. I never really got into DC except for The Flash which I always loved but the Infinite Crisis storyline was pretty good stuff, especially Superman prime - wow what a complex character. can’t wait for him to break out of his prison.
I guess if we have to wait a little (a little, mind) longer for the quality to get upped then I dont really mind the wait.

Happy reading and/or downloading guys!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Naphta wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Naphta wrote:
“So far, he ripped Wolverine in half and threw his legs 4 miles away. The next issue, I assume, is when Wolverine finally crawls on his hands back to his legs and somehow heals himself.”

Wait… the second issue still hasn’t come out? Didn’t the first come out a long time ago?

It’s on the third issue now…as in we are waiting on the 3rd issue. The first two were the “ripping” and backstory.

ok, yeah, because I remember having this discussion with a guy about wolverine’s adamantium.

Ok, so he can repair himself fine, but if a body part is completley ripped off, wouldn’t he have trouble? Not because the tissue wouldn’t come back together, but does the adamantium reconstruct itself as well? will it have to be re-alligned?

I’m not the comic book king like Harris is. I have no clue if this has ever happened before anywhere on this level in any of Wolverine’s past stories. I know it is the first time I have seen him ripped in half and still breathing. They show him crawling on his hands bleeding. He can smell where his legs are so that is the direction he is going.[/quote]

Ulimate Wolverine vs. Hulk is another Marvel fuck-up.

Supposed to be six issues, stalled out after two. Why?

Because Marvel (and DC has this exact same problem, too) will bend over for anyone from Hollywood, and these Hollywood guys are always late.

Kevin Smith, Allen Heinberg, and the UWvH writer, Damon Lindelof, who writes for [/i]Lost[/i].

As with Civil War, Marvel started the series before they had the whole thing in the can. So, when the writer ran late and it was time to go back to work on his television program, which job is getting done first: the one that pays 6 figures a week, or the one he was doing because it was fun?

As for Wolverine getting ripped apart…it was one of the coolest fucking shots I’d ever seen, which makes it so much more irritating that the book is on hold.

Logan’s been beat up before: Magneto ripped all of his adamantium out, the Punisher ran over him with a steamroller, Nitro (recently) blew all the flesh off of him, but the Hulk ripping him apart is as bad as I’ve seen it.

Seeing a new issue? The artist (Lenlil Yu) has already been assigned to another book, so it’ll be at least two more months before we see anything (if we ever see anything.)

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Naphta wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Naphta wrote:
“So far, he ripped Wolverine in half and threw his legs 4 miles away. The next issue, I assume, is when Wolverine finally crawls on his hands back to his legs and somehow heals himself.”

Wait… the second issue still hasn’t come out? Didn’t the first come out a long time ago?

It’s on the third issue now…as in we are waiting on the 3rd issue. The first two were the “ripping” and backstory.

ok, yeah, because I remember having this discussion with a guy about wolverine’s adamantium.

Ok, so he can repair himself fine, but if a body part is completley ripped off, wouldn’t he have trouble? Not because the tissue wouldn’t come back together, but does the adamantium reconstruct itself as well? will it have to be re-alligned?

I’m not the comic book king like Harris is. I have no clue if this has ever happened before anywhere on this level in any of Wolverine’s past stories. I know it is the first time I have seen him ripped in half and still breathing. They show him crawling on his hands bleeding. He can smell where his legs are so that is the direction he is going.

Ulimate Wolverine vs. Hulk is another Marvel fuck-up.

Supposed to be six issues, stalled out after two. Why?

Because Marvel (and DC has this exact same problem, too) will bend over for anyone from Hollywood, and these Hollywood guys are always late.

Kevin Smith, Allen Heinberg, and the UWvH writer, Damon Lindelof, who writes for [/i]Lost[/i].

As with Civil War, Marvel started the series before they had the whole thing in the can. So, when the writer ran late and it was time to go back to work on his television program, which job is getting done first: the one that pays 6 figures a week, or the one he was doing because it was fun?

As for Wolverine getting ripped apart…it was one of the coolest fucking shots I’d ever seen, which makes it so much more irritating that the book is on hold.

Logan’s been beat up before: Magneto ripped all of his adamantium out, the Punisher ran over him with a steamroller, Nitro (recently) blew all the flesh off of him, but the Hulk ripping him apart is as bad as I’ve seen it.

Seeing a new issue? The artist (Lenlil Yu) has already been assigned to another book, so it’ll be at least two more months before we see anything (if we ever see anything.)[/quote]

Two questions… I was just about to mention the admantium getting ripped out of logan. Doesn’t he have bone claws? Wouldn’t that make it alright to regenerate because there is no admantium to regenerate.

Also, what universe is this in and did it start before hulk was blasted into space?

[quote]Naphta wrote:
Ok, so he can repair himself fine, but if a body part is completley ripped off, wouldn’t he have trouble? Not because the tissue wouldn’t come back together, but does the adamantium reconstruct itself as well? will it have to be re-alligned?[/quote]

I don’t follow comics as closely as I used too, but I recall reading somewhere that all adamantium has been removed from Wolverine. His claws where then revealed to be a natural “mutation” and made of bone and his healing factor is now off the charts.

Apparently, the adamantium lacing was causing his healing factor to have to work overtime just to keep him “normal” and couldn’t cope as well with additional trauma. Now that it’s gone, he’s got weaker claws and bones, but faster recovery.

Unless all that only happened in a parallel universe. With Marvel and DC, reality is remade every 10 years, so…

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Two questions… I was just about to mention the admantium getting ripped out of Logan. Doesn’t he have bone claws? Wouldn’t that make it all right to regenerate because there is no adamantium to regenerate?

Also, what universe is this in and did it start before hulk was blasted into space?[/quote]

This is the Ultimate Universe which is a separate series of story lines/origins than the mainstream Marvel U. It’s in the mainstream that the Illuminati sent him into space.

As for the adamantium: his skeleton is laced/infused with it, not made of it. There’s still calcium there, and marrow inside.

[quote]pookie wrote:
I don’t follow comics as closely as I used too, but I recall reading somewhere that all adamantium has been removed from Wolverine. His claws where then revealed to be a natural “mutation” and made of bone and his healing factor is now off the charts.

Apparently, the adamantium lacing was causing his healing factor to have to work overtime just to keep him “normal” and couldn’t cope as well with additional trauma. Now that it’s gone, he’s got weaker claws and bones, but faster recovery.
[/quote]

This is an accurate memory of a storyline from years ago. The adamantium-lacing process was eventually re-created.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Unless all that only happened in a parallel universe. With Marvel and DC, reality is remade every 10 years, so…
[/quote]

And this is why I’m worried that there will be a post-Civil War “re-set” that will negate all the angst of CW.

Does anyone remember the huge rift between Captain America and Iron Man after “Galactic Storm” and their ethical debate over whether to “pull the plug” on the Kree Supremor? It threatened to make them enemies. They got over it.

Or “Armor Wars” when Iron Man was going around vigilante-style and attacking anyone who was using Stark-tech without his permission? Captain America ran up against him then and there was a huge ethical debate which threatened to make them enemies. They got over it.

Most stuff Marvel sells is delayed I’m still waiting for Secret Wars 3 #4 that’s been delayed for almost 2 years, Marvel is really bad right now I’m dumping the X-books they stink, give me DC anyday

[quote]TShaw wrote:
pookie wrote:

This is an accurate memory of a storyline from years ago. The adamantium-lacing process was eventually re-created.[/quote]

I think you would have a lot of pissed people if there was just a “reset”. After Parker revealed himself on tv, I figured there was no going back. It isn’t like Luke Cage forgets and forgives that easily.

Last panel of Wolverine #45. NOW we know something about what was REALLY behind the Stamford Disaster. I can see why the group mentioned (I won’t spoil it) would want to increase the powers of super-villains, but I doubt they could foresee the Registration Act.

Still, it is a step in the direction of “Hey, the Stamford Disaster was deliberately manipulated by outside forces and not necessarily the result of superheroism gone bad.”

[quote]TShaw wrote:
This is the Ultimate Universe which is a separate series of story lines/origins than the mainstream Marvel U. It’s in the mainstream that the Illuminati sent him into space.

As for the adamantium: his skeleton is laced/infused with it, not made of it. There’s still calcium there, and marrow inside.[/quote]

Yeah, I just read this thread and feel like a moron after seeing it was specified already that it was in the ultimate universe.

Don’t worry you can use complex terms like “616” with me, I’m a semi comic book nerd. :wink: Although don’t expect me to know what happened to Mister Sinister witout contacting wikipedia or marveldirectory.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
The Civil War storyline has me fascinated and I haven’t bought a comic book since the Peter Parker clone saga. If I wanted to read the story, could I just get the Civil War books themselves and enjoy and understand it, or would I need some other titles as well?[/quote]

the peter parker clone saga broke my heart. i stopped reading comic books all together. except some punisher comics while i was bored in az. i have no idea about anything when it comes comics. damn clone saga.

I’ve only paid marginal interest in comics over the years, but the Civil War has gotten my interest this summer. I do think that I saw one of the Marvel guys swear at San Diego that they would never ‘undo’ the Civil War events in the continuity, but that could have been a mistake or a lie.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Although don’t expect me to know what happened to Mister Sinister without contacting wikipedia or marveldirectory.[/quote]

Actually, he just appeared again, offering help to Gambit who was made a horseman by Apocalypse.

[quote]superpimp wrote:
Most stuff Marvel sells is delayed I’m still waiting for Secret Wars 3 #4 that’s been delayed for almost 2 years, Marvel is really bad right now I’m dumping the X-books they stink, give me DC anyday[/quote]

If you’re talking about Secret War by Bendis and Dell’Otto, than the fifth and final issue came out about a year ago.

TShaw wrote:
pookie wrote:

This is an accurate memory of a storyline from years ago. The adamantium-lacing process was eventually re-created.

I think you would have a lot of pissed people if there was just a “reset”. After Parker revealed himself on tv, I figured there was no going back. It isn’t like Luke Cage forgets and forgives that easily.[/quote]

There will be a lot of pissed off people when they reset this, but here’s how it will happen: Loki owes Peter Parker a favor.

Mark my words.

If anyone has followed this to Civil War #6, this has probably been the best written series I have seen in a comic. If they keep this up, they just might get people back into reading these.

If anyone has followed this to Civil War #6, this has probably been the best written series I have seen in a comic. If they keep this up, they just might get people back into reading these.

[/quote]

i totally agree. and to think on the marvel boards people are saying that they are “so disgusted with the CW plot they are leaving comics forever” its stupid.

funny thing about the punisher. in CW #6, Cap own him for killing two villains who wanted to join cap. But in ASM #537, when they are going to the final battle, you see the punisher is with him. and the Punisher’s War Journal for W is titled “How I won the war”…is the punisher not done yet??

[quote]BWBurner wrote:
Professor X wrote:

i totally agree. and to think on the marvel boards people are saying that they are “so disgusted with the CW plot they are leaving comics forever” its stupid.

funny thing about the punisher. in CW #6, Cap own him for killing two villains who wanted to join cap. But in ASM #537, when they are going to the final battle, you see the punisher is with him. and the Punisher’s War Journal for W is titled “How I won the war”…is the punisher not done yet??[/quote]

Cap beat him up. Punisher wouldn’t fight back. Cap kicked him out but no one else seemed to agree with it (I guess they didn’t mind two villains getting shot to death in front of them). Spiderman even compared both of them as if they were the same. It wouldn’t surprise me if he comes back.

I can’t believe people are saying they don’t like this series. I suppose true comic nerds might get pissed because of this much change to the characters. They basically broke tradition with this story line. I guess it pays to be a little nerdy on the inside…but not all of the way through.

Yea, I could see him comin back to. He did infiltrate the baxter building, so maybe he got some codes to shut down Ironman’s armor, and when it looks bleak for the Anti-Regs, Punisher comes in, and shuts down IM’s armor, giving the Anti’s the advantage

BWBurner wrote:
Professor X wrote:

funny thing about the punisher. in CW #6, Cap own him for killing two villains who wanted to join cap. But in ASM #537, when they are going to the final battle, you see the punisher is with him. and the Punisher’s War Journal for W is titled “How I won the war”…is the punisher not done yet??

Cap beat him up. Punisher wouldn’t fight back. Cap kicked him out but no one else seemed to agree with it (I guess they didn’t mind two villains getting shot to death in front of them). Spiderman even compared both of them as if they were the same. It wouldn’t surprise me if he comes back.

I can’t believe people are saying they don’t like this series. I suppose true comic nerds might get pissed because of this much change to the characters. They basically broke tradition with this story line. I guess it pays to be a little nerdy on the inside…but not all of the way through.[/quote]