Marv Marinovich

What’s your view on the effectiveness of Marv Marinovich style of training for athletic performance in sports such as mma? Thnks

[quote]Braccini wrote:
What’s your view on the effectiveness of Marv Marinovich style of training for athletic performance in sports such as mma? Thnks[/quote]

I haven’t read his stuff and can’t comment. Anyway, it is one of my policy to never comment other coaches’ methods.

[quote]Braccini wrote:
What’s your view on the effectiveness of Marv Marinovich style of training for athletic performance in sports such as mma? Thnks[/quote]

Isn’t that Todd Marinovich’s father? The psychopath who used his own kid as a guinea pig for his training methods from birth?

He has never eaten a Big Mac or an Oreo or a Ding Dong. When he went to birthday parties as a kid, he would take his own cake and ice cream to avoid sugar and refined white flour. He would eat homemade catsup, prepared with honey. He did consume beef but not the kind injected with hormones. He ate only unprocessed dairy products. He teethed on frozen kidney. When Todd was one month old, Marv was already working on his son’s physical conditioning. He stretched his hamstrings. Pushups were next. Marv invented a game in which Todd would try to lift a medicine ball onto a kitchen counter. Marv also put him on a balance beam. Both activities grew easier when Todd learned to walk. There was a football in Todd’s crib from day one. “Not a real NFL ball,” says Marv. “That would be sick; it was a stuffed ball.”

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Braccini wrote:

Isn’t that Todd Marinovich’s father? The psychopath who used his own kid as a guinea pig for his training methods from birth?

He has never eaten a Big Mac or an Oreo or a Ding Dong. When he went to birthday parties as a kid, he would take his own cake and ice cream to avoid sugar and refined white flour. He would eat homemade catsup, prepared with honey. He did consume beef but not the kind injected with hormones. He ate only unprocessed dairy products. He teethed on frozen kidney. When Todd was one month old, Marv was already working on his son’s physical conditioning. He stretched his hamstrings. Pushups were next. Marv invented a game in which Todd would try to lift a medicine ball onto a kitchen counter. Marv also put him on a balance beam. Both activities grew easier when Todd learned to walk. There was a football in Todd’s crib from day one. “Not a real NFL ball,” says Marv. “That would be sick; it was a stuffed ball.”[/quote]

I believe it is and to add to his own son, as a Michigan fan i’m familiar with some of his other work with child athletes. And DB you’re in Cali so i’m sure you’re familiar with both the Forcier brothers, Tate and Jason whom both played quarterback at Michigan. I’m more familiar with his work with Tate who he started training in the 3rd Grade!

I recall reading where he was basically home schooled, would go train for so many hours with Marinovich and then play sports for a nearby school. Just crazy stuff, the 30 for 30 with Todd Marinovich was pretty telling stuff.

All I know about him is that his training method is around lots of jumping/plyometrics instead of heavy weights.