Martin Burkham (Leangains) Consult up for Grabs

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:
I wonder what many of those people actually do while they are waiting eight months for Marty to crack an egg of knowledge on them… only to decide when the time (finally) comes that they definitely need to fork over that kind of money to get where they need to go.[/quote]

That’s exactly my point. If you follow his principles for eight fucking months, how is it worth eight bills for an extra week of the same shit?[/quote]

I’d still like to see some before and afters.[/quote]

He posts some on his website, occasionally.

With those consulting fees I’d be dragging my feet to write a book about my methods as well.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
With those consulting fees I’d be dragging my feet to write a book about my methods as well. [/quote]

or just write one, but have final say on the release date. Rake in the consulting fees, than once your tired of that, release the book.

After thinking about it some more, I definitely still think being in great shape is priceless, but for that amount of money, I would want face to face coaching, and somebody whose going to be in the gym and in the kitchen with me.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Scott M wrote:
With those consulting fees I’d be dragging my feet to write a book about my methods as well. [/quote]

or just write one, but have final say on the release date. Rake in the consulting fees, than once your tired of that, release the book.

After thinking about it some more, I definitely still think being in great shape is priceless, but for that amount of money, I would want face to face coaching, and somebody whose going to be in the gym and in the kitchen with me.[/quote]

If you look at his before/afters, he definitely knows what he’s doing, but still, I’ve never heard much about him outside of his website and a little here or there. Methinks one needs a certain celebrity to charge that much, but what do I know?

I’m going to start charging for clever comments lessons, and see how much I can bank.

OK, I searched his name on google and saw nothing on him. I would like to see “$1500 physique changes”. Could someone post a pic?

OK, I searched his name on google and saw nothing on him. I would like to see “$1500 physique changes”. Could someone post a pic?[/quote]

His name is Martin Berkhan. If you go to leangains . com, you can see pics under ‘results’.

Well, I guess it would help if his name was spelled right in the title.

Martin Berkhan

OK, I searched his name on google and saw nothing on him. I would like to see “$1500 physique changes”. Could someone post a pic?[/quote]

His name is actually spelled ‘Berkhan’ and it will be the first link on Google.

Under the logo at the top of the main page, there will be a drop-down tab labeled ‘Results’.

He HAS gotten quite a few competitive bodybuilders shredded, judging by the pics. Whether or not the transformations are worth $1,500 is, I guess, up for debate.

He seems to do great for fitness models. I do not see “$1500 results” on the guys though. Every single one of those guys could have bought enough chicken breasts and protein to see the same effect. No joke…especially if they waited 8 months for it.

He seems to do great for fitness models. I do not see “$1500 results” on the guys though. Every single one of those guys could have bought enough chicken breasts and protein to see the same effect. No joke…especially if they waited 8 months for it.[/quote]

'Zactly my point.

Novelty is king.

The thing is that a lot of his clients just get really lean, and I think IF is the best for that while keeping your sanity with your food choices. I think if you wanted to do something like IF to truly ‘lean gain’ (gaining muscle while staying relatively lean with 2-4 abs showing), you could just shorten up the fast to like 14/10 or even 12/12. Of course it’s not LeanGains at that point, or even IF, but that’s what I’ve been doing with great success. I do not go below the 12 hour fast mark, it’s usually between 12-14 hour fast.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
The thing is that a lot of his clients just get really lean, and I think IF is the best for that while keeping your sanity with your food choices. I think if you wanted to do something like IF to truly ‘lean gain’ (gaining muscle while staying relatively lean with 2-4 abs showing), you could just shorten up the fast to like 14/10 or even 12/12. Of course it’s not LeanGains at that point, or even IF, but that’s what I’ve been doing with great success. I do not go below the 12 hour fast mark, it’s usually between 12-14 hour fast.[/quote]

Apparently, all you need to get rich quick is to take what works, categorize it to it sounds flashy and exclusive while telling the masses it is THE best way to get in shape.

There are millions of ways to drop weight. You have never needed to fast half the day to make that happen.

No one reaches any elite level without trial and error, and it seems many still think they can bypass that.

I’m not even knocking this program. What I am knocking is people actually thinking you need to spend 1500 bucks a month just for the average gym goer to lean up.

I didn’t see anyone on that site that blew me away as far as actual muscle gains.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
The thing is that a lot of his clients just get really lean, and I think IF is the best for that while keeping your sanity with your food choices. I think if you wanted to do something like IF to truly ‘lean gain’ (gaining muscle while staying relatively lean with 2-4 abs showing), you could just shorten up the fast to like 14/10 or even 12/12. Of course it’s not LeanGains at that point, or even IF, but that’s what I’ve been doing with great success. I do not go below the 12 hour fast mark, it’s usually between 12-14 hour fast.[/quote]

Apparently, all you need to get rich quick is to take what works, categorize it to it sounds flashy and exclusive while telling the masses it is THE best way to get in shape.

There are millions of ways to drop weight. You have never needed to fast half the day to make that happen.

No one reaches any elite level without trial and error, and it seems many still think they can bypass that.

I’m not even knocking this program. What I am knocking is people actually thinking you need to spend 1500 bucks a month just for the average gym goer to lean up.

I didn’t see anyone on that site that blew me away as far as actual muscle gains.[/quote]

Dude, you obviously didn’t see the cheesecake.

Obviously.

Apparently, all you need to get rich quick is to take what works, categorize it to it sounds flashy and exclusive while telling the masses it is THE best[/quote]

I’m pretty sure this summarizes the entire world of marketing and advertisement.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

Martin Berkhan[/quote]

Yeah I dropped the ball on that one :stuck_out_tongue:

I do know Coach Thibs has good stuff to say about Martin though.

Just check out his website, and look at the testimonials section.

[quote]Darkane wrote:

[quote]Scott M wrote:

Martin Berkhan[/quote]

Yeah I dropped the ball on that one :stuck_out_tongue:

I do know Coach Thibs has good stuff to say about Martin though.

[/quote]

Just because Martin charges a lot (way too much to make it worth buying), doesn’t mean he isn’t good at what he does or doesn’t have a very good knowledge base. The guy has had many clients with good results and writes excellent nutrition articles on a level of sophistication superior to 99% of nutrition articles on this website (it’s the truth). Also, he doesn’t spend a lot of his time hyping overpriced and average supplements so he has to find other ways to make money.

The fact doesn’t change though: If you want to lean out, there are better ways doing it than spending 1500$/month. You can even follow Martin’s IF if you want (it’s a good approach for that style of dieting).

[quote]MODOK wrote:

And the 16/8 fast… if my math is correct, thats pretty damn close to the old “don’t eat anything past 6 pm” that Oprah chicks have done for 25 years. Revolutionary. Pay me.[/quote]

I don’t understand that one, myself.

I always called that skipping breakfast.

I would love to see what 1500 bucks a month has created in others. I am hoping there are some NPC level physiques coming out the other end. If this is just so average people can get lean, I don’t get it.[/quote]

No, I think it’s more about allowing people to have a life and still look great. To not have to cook tons of meals and carry around containers everywhere. To enjoy satisfying meals and cheat foods while still looking like you diet. I still would never pay that price because it’s ludicrous but I guess I can understand why some people would, especially if they have the money. Not everything is about competing in a bodybuilding show. I don’t know if martin competes but he looks way better than the people I know with pro cards in the NPC.

And I don’t mean to come off as though I’m attacking you, IF gets a lot of shit because it’s different, personally I kind of like it but it is still relatively new. Fasting is pretty popular over on Dat’s site too and there are some smart fuckers over there.

[quote]fd24 wrote:

I would love to see what 1500 bucks a month has created in others. I am hoping there are some NPC level physiques coming out the other end. If this is just so average people can get lean, I don’t get it.[/quote]

No, I think it’s more about allowing people to have a life and still look great. To not have to cook tons of meals and carry around containers everywhere. To enjoy satisfying meals and cheat foods while still looking like you diet. [/quote]

?

Dude, you don’t look like someone on the high amateur or NPC level without making training and dieting a LIFESTYLE.
I understand that everyone has different goals, but you don’t look like someone who LIVES this by NOT doing so.

Your statement here sounds like an ad for half assin’ your way to fitness. I can now see what the appeal is…apparently no different than an Ab Lounge.

“Abz alone” do not a great body make.