Martial Arts Diet for 50 Bucks a Week?

5 foot 9 160lbs (current height and weight as of today). Train striking/grappling about 15 hours a week and do some workouts outside of MMA (mostly just pushups, pullups, and weighted deadlifts).

Trying to get down to either the 145 or 135 weight class of MMA (for 135 weight class my walk around weight would need to be high 140s and 145 weight class I would like to walk around about 155lb).

Need to get a diet together and this is what I have so far for food I eat everyday

apple, bannana, grapefruit, 2 eggs, can of tuna, 10oz chicken, 2 to 3 whey shakes, serving of spinnach, carrots, and broccoli, 12oz skim milk

What else should I add and what if anything should i remove ?

Thank You

If it were me cutting, I would do the following:

Drop the shakes except for maybe one after my workout. Replace them with liver (<—ideal), eggs, beef or pork. Real food always beats processed. Also, I would throw in some nuts, such as raw almonds or sunflower seeds. Cut out the fruit, you don’t need the sugar if you are cutting. If you must have carbs, eat a yam or sweet potato before your workout. If you must keep the skim milk, drink before workout or immediately after, as it has a lot of sugar in it. Sleep 8 hours a night. Drink green tea or coffee, and at least a gallon of water a day.

*edit: Greek yogurt or cottage cheese might be a better choice than the milk.

I’d agree on switching the whey to natural food as well, especially if you drink them as a meal through out the day. I’d drop the milk as well, but personally think 2-3 pieces of fruit is fine, eat them straight before/after your workouts.

It’s interesting since your calorie intake looks very low. I’d definitely add more fat in to your diet.