Married to a Much Younger Woman?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

Dude, a formula for …loneliness. You cannot plan shit like this, by a certain age, with a girl a certain age…because by the time I’m ready I’ll need a young one…because they are the best and I need to get her before she’s old and over 30.

I can guarantee Murphys law will bite you on this. If you were Indian, and your parents arranged marriage, then maybe this would work out, but in America, you should marry for love and you never know when, where or how it will happen. Who’s to say in 10 years your whole life may change and you will look at the world completely different than 10 years ago.

Good Luck with the “plan”.

[/quote]

Absolutely right.

There’s no planning this type of thing… hell, in 10 years you might have had a tremendous car accident that deforms your face, and you’ll be hoping that anyone will love you.

There’s no way to see into the future. And no reason to try.

For some reason the Qur’an’s formula of half your age +7 always makes me chuckle

[quote]prizm wrote:

It basically comes down to this “money + muscles + younger women = u win at LIFE” [/quote]

i win

I’m with you Belligerent… At least as far as requiring an age difference… Not sure if I’ll ever actually get married… That sounds like a horrible idea at this point. I’m 31 now, and I won’t give anyone less than 5 years younger than me the time of day… But as many have said in here - you never know how you’ll feel in the future… Or you could just follow what I do - not give a shit about anyone unless they’re underwear model hot

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:
what about women that were top notch at 21ish, snatched up and married, and then lost interest in their husbands so they are newly divorced at 30ish? i would think there could be some potential there.

i think finding a girl that is as mature as they are hot at 21-24 is difficult, i dont want dates based around them telling me whats happening on rock of love bus.[/quote]

Dude that avatar made me fall out of my chair laughing!

[quote]boatguy wrote:
My parents have that exact spread. They are now in their third decade of being married. I don’t think my dad looked at it as ‘I have to find a woman exactly 13 years younger than me’. There was just a click between them.[/quote]

It sounds like you are talking about a football game. I’m betting on the spread.

I’m 25, and the most appealing age group, (for the most part) is 40+

less/no bull shit, better lovers, open minded, solid confidence instead of cocky.

I don’t agree with the OP’s “blueprint” though; you can’t plan on being happy, nor can you plan on being ready to fall in love.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]prizm wrote:
I didn’t know “God” was in this thread. [/quote]

All I said was that life tends to not happen as planned. I think if he were to say “Marriage at 35” and just that, then he may be on track, but whos to say he’l even have a relationship at that time, and with a -10/15 years woman or girl. Life tends to change as you age, and therefore your plans do too, but to put ages out there is too specific, and it won’t turn out exactly that way.

Also consider this…I have a few friends who are pushing 40 and had the same ideals. They were all divorced after 1-2 years, with kids. Turned out that the women were still too young and felt like they still needed to party and ‘discover" who they were as a person. There was also a huge intellectual gap in generation that led to them not sharing the same ideals and wants in life. The funniest thing is that these guys still date 22 year olds, tell me about their “great new Girl” and how this one is "Mature’…always ends in a breakup for them. Maybe the OP could get lucky.

The deck is stacked against that approach though.[/quote]

Forgive my insult, good point to consider.

It can ROCK !!!

I’m now 50 and my wife is 36, we meet when she was 28, and we got married when she was 29. It is wonderful…for both of us. Both sides of our families thought their side was “marrying up”. I didn’t plan to marry a woman so much younger, and yes it’s weird to think that I was a freshman in high school when she was born.

What I did plan was the qualities that I wanted in a partner and I believe more importantly I knew/planned on what I didn’t want and would not accept in a potential partner. I wrote it all down…in great detail. Once early on in our relationship I was going on about how much I loved her, on and on. Then she said “are you bullshitting me?..do you really mean it…am I really what you want”.

I got up and found the paper that I had written years earlier, detailing what I wanted and didn’t want in a partner. I hadn’t look at the paper in a year or more and when I looked at it I was floored…so was she. That paper was describing her to the T. Only one thing was different from her and my “dream woman”…her age. I had written an age within about 3-7 years, not 14 years.

So, yes it can work. I think the whole writing down what you don’t want in a woman and to a lesser extent what you want is VERY helpful.

The power of intention.

Best of Luck

My wife is several years younger than me. It was great for a while. Now she lives in California and I’m in Milwaukee and we haven’t seen each other in five years. She’s also currently pregnant. Do you think I planned any of this?

My wife is 11 years younger than I. I met her, we liked each other, and I tend to look young for my age. In my mid 30s, people thought I was early to mid 20s.

So if you’re good looking, have a personality, look young for your age, are in shape, know how to talk to people etc., it might be a plan.

But as said, you can’t plan for these things.

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
For some reason the Qur’an’s formula of half your age +7 always makes me chuckle[/quote]

I actually think there is some wisdom to it.

God laughs at people who plan

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
10 years younger bitches, but neelydan didnt plan it that way…don’t have the looks or personality, as evidenced by photo, to plan anything

landed her the same way i knocked out the quarterback of the guelph university football team…close your eyes and swing for the fences, sometimes you get lucky[/quote]

You look a lot like my cousin that lives in Kitchner, his names Jim, do you know him?

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
10 years younger bitches, but neelydan didnt plan it that way…don’t have the looks or personality, as evidenced by photo, to plan anything

landed her the same way i knocked out the quarterback of the guelph university football team…close your eyes and swing for the fences, sometimes you get lucky[/quote]

NeelyDan is full of win.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
if any of you think love or muscles has anything to do with love, you’re in for one big fucking disappointment. the only woman that swayed by that is one you don’t want anyway. money usually means power. muscles may imply health or be a basis for attraction. but at the end of the day, love rules whether you are happy or not. i know many many unhappy rich people. i know many lonely physically fit people. find love first.[/quote]

Oh contraire mon frere
My love muscle makes them love my muscles. That’s a lot of love and alot of muscle.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
My wife is several years younger than me. It was great for a while. Now she lives in California and I’m in Milwaukee and we haven’t seen each other in five years. She’s also currently pregnant. Do you think I planned any of this?[/quote]

Shit, I hope she doesn’t hit you up for child support. It sounds like you never divorced?

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

First, you have to find a 24 y/o woman who doesn’t think a 37 y/o guy is ANCIENT. They’re out there, but very hard to find, I would think.[/quote]

Not at all as rare as you may think. My last 3 girlfriends swore they’d never date a bald guy. Alas, a bald guy they did end up with. Sure if you asked the 24 y/o they’d say they’d never go out with a dude that old. Just like certain girls say they’d never date a bald guy. Yet I know guys in their late 30’s that specifically go after girl in their early 20’s and have no problem closing the deal. It’s not a love at 1st site thing, they work their way in.

I’m 33. My girl is 6 years younger than me and we get along great. Most of the women I meet that are my age aren’t as fun. That whole “my clock is ticking, I need to get married ASAP” vibe kills it for me.