Marriage is NOT About Two People Loving Each Other

[quote]Grneyes wrote:<<< If he was that concerned than he wouldn’t have allowed people to BE GAY! If being gay was so bad, they wouldn’t be around, now would they? If they are such an abomination, why hasn’t your God struck them down, committed GENOCIDE? Oh wait, because it’s GENETIC! And STRAIGHT people give birth to GAY people! Shut your hole and go back to being a lurker.[/quote]This level of galactic cluelessness is truly a gold medal achievement.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

…Shut your hole and go back to being a lurker.[/quote]

CONFORM OR GTFO?[/quote]

You keep saying stuff like this, is conforming a good thing to you?[/quote]

BTW, do you think the punctuation mark I used might be a clue?[/quote]

Well I will assume conformity is your goal, to do otherwise would be a bit contradictory.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

If he was that concerned than he wouldn’t have allowed people to BE GAY! If being gay was so bad, they wouldn’t be around, now would they? If they are such an abomination, why hasn’t your God struck them down, committed GENOCIDE? Oh wait, because it’s GENETIC! And STRAIGHT people give birth to GAY people! Shut your hole and go back to being a lurker.[/quote]

Can’t you see? God works in mysterious ways!
Instead of smiting the infidels himself, he created white trash bigots to do his bidding!

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

CONFORM OR GTFO?[/quote]

Does not really work if she is adressing someone who wants gays to CONFORM OR GTFO.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

CONFORM OR GTFO?[/quote]

You’re damn right! :wink:

But seriously though…

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:<<< If he was that concerned than he wouldn’t have allowed people to BE GAY! If being gay was so bad, they wouldn’t be around, now would they? If they are such an abomination, why hasn’t your God struck them down, committed GENOCIDE? Oh wait, because it’s GENETIC! And STRAIGHT people give birth to GAY people! Shut your hole and go back to being a lurker.[/quote]This level of galactic cluelessness is truly a gold medal achievement.
[/quote]

Thanx! It’s good to know I’m good at something.

I just wonder if OP has it in him to put together an argument that doesn’t involve god.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace!

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I just wonder if OP has it in him to put together an argument that doesn’t involve god.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace![/quote]

The only arguments I’ve seen against gay marriage are these three.

1. God is against it according to the bible
  2. It just ain’t right
  3. Slippery slope that will lead to other weird marriages

And the first one makes the big assumption that it was actually God’s idea, and not just the fact that the person who wrote that sentence in the bible fell into category #2.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

2. It just ain’t right

And the first one makes the big assumption that it was actually God’s idea, and not just the fact that the person who wrote that sentence in the bible fell into category #2.[/quote]

The only one that is ever rationally discussed here is number three. Then, you have omitted or ignorantly left off far better, more substantial arguments that have been covered ad nauseum on this forum.

One more indication that you would be better off reading more and typing less.

http://storify.com/homophobes/100-homophobes-who-would-kill-their-gay-child

On March 12, 2012, the hashtag #ToMyUnbornChild became a trending topic. People used this hashtag to “tweet to” their future child. Here are 100 real tweets from real people ? all within 24 hours ? saying they would murder their child if he or she was gay.

?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you so much as think about being a homosexual I’ll put a bullet in your damn skull
codie sowders
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild u bet not be gay. Because I will hang u at da first sign of gayness!!!
iBarber
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild i’ll kill you if you were gay!"
Bibi gabriels
20 hours ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you turn out gay, I will burn you alive.
Daborey Burrell
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild u betta not be gay mi ahh fi kill u
Fredrick Stactic
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If you’re gay, I’ll kill you.
Samurai Dave
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay i will beat you to death with a bible
Jacob Gary
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay i will prolly kill you
allen derosa
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you’re gay… You will sleep in the oven.
Storm Jones
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you turn gay, ill kill you and make another
#T-raww
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornchild Never sweat these females & you bet not be gay neither or ima hang you from,a bridge and beat you
Yung Nigga
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay I will kill you!
Camryn Alan Hart©?
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#tomyunbornchild the first time you experience your gay moment I’m stepping on your throat #fuckwitme
Marcus Wilson
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild i’ll kill you if you were gay!
MALEK
20 hours ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your a girl i will drown you in the bathtub, and if your a guy and your turn into a faggot ill kill you
Tucker Briley
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild I Will Put A Bullet Through Your Skull If You Become Gay…
Shiguy Walcott
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If you’re gay ima kill you !
A-Flocka !
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you turn out gay imma kill you.
DJ Morton
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay ill kill you
Michael Morelli
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay or retarded I will kill you
Rob Grant
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay … I will kill you .
Pin: 27D88D9E
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If your gay, I’ll kill you.
Adrian Sanchez
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If You Become Gay , I’ll Kill You Myself ’
xYouthExplosionx
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you’re gay, I’m putting you down. No question about it.
Alex Goodvin
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild - turn out gay & i’ll murder you.
theREALCooliee?
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild I swear if your turn Gay , I myself will Murder yuh bloodclatt. And Go A JAIL
D.
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you turn like this ~~~~ (gay) imma hang yo ass wit a coat rack lol
DV Mucho Dinero
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if our gay I’ll kill you
Zachary waid
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild don’t choose to be gay or you will live a very short life
Adam Kusnyer
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay I’ll kill u
Colby Ross
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your going to be gay might as well die as a miscarriage
#LakerNation
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you’re gay i will murder you
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay… I will stab you to death. #sorrynotsorry
Mark Malm
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if u eva turn gay ill kill yo bitch ass.
low’key mank
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild you better not be gay, or a pussy or you will die
Shane Magnifico
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild you won’t be gay. I’ll kill you.
z@(h@r¥ $@n£0d
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you turn out to be a homosexual I will beat you until you die.
Austin Rosenberry
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If you turn out gay, I will kill you.
Daniel Goff
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your a boy don’t be gay or you will die
Jesse Monroe Harris
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild(Son) You come up to me and say you wanna be gay. Ima shoot yo ass.
FLY Movement
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild you be gay imma be in jail and you’ll be dead
Martigus Henley
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you ever become homo… Ohh shit ima kill your faggot ass
Alex Byars
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If your a fag, I’ll kill you.
Mason Hendricks
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild I will kill you if you Turn Gay , (I support the gays but I will never be one , neither nor my unborn baby)
June 9th . . . :heart:
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild I’ll fucking kill you if your gay!
Rodell?
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#tomyunbornchild if you’re gay I will kill you.
Korey Frost
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you ever come out a boy and turn into a faggot I will kill you
mike mears
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if you turn out to be a homosexual… That will be the last thing you will ever do. I WILL KILL YOU.
Darla Nitsch
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild … if your gay im killing you.
Jackie Boone
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild your ass better not be gay or ima kill yo ass & throw you out. Cause I refuse to raise a sweet ass child !
Alexandria Jones
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If you EVER think about being gay imma beat your ass to death ! #RS
Trippy ?
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
See more homophobic tweets at @Homophobes:

@homophobes - 395 Tweets, 4172 Followers, 971 Following.
Giving homophobes the attention they’re looking for. #ThinkBeforeYouTweet. Find something homophobic? Tweet to @homophobes! This account …
HomophobesReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If you grow up Gay I Will Murder u :wink:
Sticky Fingaz
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If you think gay is an option,let me know because we’ll abort you
Chris Woodie
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild if your gay I will drown you
Hunter Elliott
2 days ago
ReplyRetweet
?
#ToMyUnbornChild If I find out you doin gay shit ill put a gun to yo head and scare you straight
Darryl Thompson
2 days ago

[quote]therajraj wrote:

On March 12, 2012, the hashtag #ToMyUnbornChild became a trending topic. People used this hashtag to “tweet to” their future child. Here are 100 real tweets from real people ? all within 24 hours ? saying they would murder their child if he or she was gay.
[/quote]

Fantastic - 100 “real” tweets from across the multitudes of Twitterverse syaing they would kill the child.

And you are certain none of them were joking and trying to use irreverent, provocative humor in an effort to generate a response? Because no one does that on Twitter, right?

“Intellectual Left” continues to be an oxymoron.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Fantastic - 100 “real” tweets from across the multitudes of Twitterverse syaing they would kill the child.

And you are certain none of them were joking and trying to use irreverent, provocative humor in an effort to generate a response? Because no one does that on Twitter, right?

“Intellectual Left” continues to be an oxymoron.[/quote]

You’re right. It couldn’t be the fact that this constant preaching of homosexuality as an abomination has a trickle down effect on society. Of course not. We all know Christian doctrine has had no observable impact on North American society.

/sarcasm

Maybe just maybe you can open your eyes and see that everything in the “good book” isn’t good. That in some instances, religion (including Christianity) incites hatred against his fellow man.

Or maybe you’re right, perhaps you have to be a religious conservative to find humour in killing homosexual children. You make me sick.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

2. It just ain’t right

And the first one makes the big assumption that it was actually God’s idea, and not just the fact that the person who wrote that sentence in the bible fell into category #2.[/quote]

The only one that is ever rationally discussed here is number three. Then, you have omitted or ignorantly left off far better, more substantial arguments that have been covered ad nauseum on this forum.

One more indication that you would be better off reading more and typing less.
[/quote]

This third argument is largely irrelevant though.

If a society decides collectively to drift into late Roman decadence, an official declaration of what marriage ought to be wont do much good.

Plus, I still fail to see the significance of people marrying their dogs or lampposts. It is not as if they would otherwise be sane individuals.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Or maybe you’re right, perhaps you have to be a religious conservative to find humour in killing homosexual children. You make me sick.[/quote]

Dude, I picked two out of that bunch (click on the profile) and looked at their tweets. Both were obvious trolls. Neither sounded anything like a Christian conservative. If anything, they sounded like dumb ass liberals trolling.

http://twitter.com/#!/ImJacobGary
http://twitter.com/#!/ShityBoy2Stainz

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Or maybe you’re right, perhaps you have to be a religious conservative to find humour in killing homosexual children. You make me sick.[/quote]

Dude, I picked two out of that bunch (click on the profile) and looked at their tweets. Both were obvious trolls. Neither sounded anything like a Christian conservative. If anything, they sounded like dumb ass liberals trolling.[/quote]

I was pointing out the fact that thunderbolt was so quick to see the “humour” in those tweets. By the few posts of his I’ve read I get the impression he is a Christian conservative. Furthermore, there’s a difference between an inappropriate joke and hate.

#ToMyUnbornChild if you so much as think about being a homosexual I’ll put a bullet in your damn skull

That doesn’t sound like a joke to me.

Even if they were all just trolling, it still doesn’t address my point. A strong anti-gay sentiment exists in the US and many parts of the world. There is certainly an overarching effect from all these mainstream religions preaching against homosexuality. To look at these 100 tweets and just say well it’s just trolls being provocative is nothing but a myopic perspective.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

You’re right. It couldn’t be the fact that this constant preaching of homosexuality as an abomination has a trickle down effect on society. Of course not. We all know Christian doctrine has had no observable impact on North American society.

/sarcasm[/quote]

Blaming Christianity for the weird (and possibly untrue) musings of idiots on Twitter? Give me a break.

I didn’t mention “the Good Book” at all in my post. That’s called a straw man Captain Reason.

I don’t find any humor in it at all - I think it’s disgusting. But I also know that people love to generate attention on social media by saying wildly inappropriate things simply for the sake of the shock value. And I have no reason to believe that these posts were indicative of any one being serious.

Well, you’re confused and have no idea what you’re talking about, so I am not that worried about it. I think the comments on Twitter - whether serious or joking - are atrocious, but my point was that citing to tweets as “evidence” of some legitimate sentiment in society of wanting to kill infants they learned were gay is perhaps the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

Clear enough?