Marriage and sex

I was just reading about marriage and the subsequent sexual “rights” so to speak, in other cultures. In addition to that I also looked into sexual tendencies or discrepancies in other cultures as well. I decided to start a thread on marriage and sex to get some discussions going on since the ‘Threesome’ thread became so controversial, I thought it might be interesting. Here is a link to a page with info on Tibetan marriage practices and sexual conduct just to get things going http://omni.cc.purdue.edu/ ~wtv/tibet/marriage.html In the tibetan culture polygamy can go either way, and you can even marry your step daughters. Read the page it’s gets even better. Those of us living in a judeo-christian society have some pretty restrictive social rules on sexual conduct. It looks like alot of other cultures are alot more open to variety, I was just wondering what thier emotional relationships are like with thier significant others. Especially when you have a bunch of brothers all sharing one wife. I’d hate to be the youngest bro and have my first puss be from an old hag, not to mention you would probably be getting your brothers sloppy seconds, or thirds or fourths… Yuck! Anyway, just thought I’d throw that out there, have fun!

I think this could be a great discussion but I’ve not got the time or energy to dedicate to it for several weeks. Hopefully it’ll get brought up again. :wink:

Yah, I might have had bad timing by throwing this out there right after the “Threesome” thread. Everybody is probably tired of the subject right now. It just kinda blew my mind when I read about the Tibetans. You can marry your stepdaughter at the same time you are married to her mother etc. I can see the horror on all of the ultra-christians faces when they see that. I happen to live in Utah at the moment and I have seen some polygamy in an ultra religious christian state. They try to keep it hush hush because it is actually the result of the LDS churches old policies. Now they claim that it is wrong, how does that work? It used to be okay but god changed his mind. I don’t know. I would like to hear your thoughts on this subject specifically Karma because you have been so open and liberal in your opinions about sex in previous posts. Bump this up when you get around to it.

Damn that last statement was disgusting! Ah the joys of sex and marriage. Lets just say this, sex it just like many other aspects of marriage it takes communication and a little work. Having one partner can be great if that other person cares about you and what you need. I was in a relationship with a bisexual female just prior to being married. No, sorry I have no stories of incredible three-somes. It kinda sucked, I couldn’t look at other girls but she could, and no matter where we went we ran into somebody she either kissed or messed around with. Blame it on the rules of society but it sucked knowing some other chick was messing with my girl. I have no regrets though. She was indeed creative and I now totally appreciate my wife for being with me and only me. Besides, she is a former underwear model with a double bachelors. Why would I need to have someone else?

First of all just because another culture does somehting doesn’t mean it is a good thing. Though I don’t really want to enter into conversation I must add that the mormon belief system is not a christian belief system. Though they may use biblical texts they also use extra biblical texts that trump the bible. They are not Christians. no offense to Mormons but you are a mormon not a christian.

here is the reason Mormonism is not Christian is because it, like any other cult, denies one or more of the essential doctrines of Christianity. Of the essential doctrines (Jesus is God in flesh, forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, and Jesus rose from the dead physically), Mormonism distorts two of them: the person of Jesus, and His work of salvation. (CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS AND RESEARCH MINISTRY)
this is as simply put as can be. As for cultures being right or wrong, that is really a big big big can of worms that I don’t have time to discuss. hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, but here’s another question for you. What is your definition of a cult?