Marquez - Pacquaio III

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]pslikk wrote:
Pacman has balls (much more than Floyd ever did). He never backs down. He has the heart of a champion and the balls of a hungry contender. BUT… He WILL be in trouble. A WORLD of trouble. Good one for boxing fans, though! [/quote]

2 sides to every story…pac never agreed to testing and wont. Mayweather signed the original contract for testing and even had his trunks, and robe made for the fight. Arum pulled out and spun it to 14 weeks out testing, and then 8 weeks out, all to put it back on Floyd. and of course everyone is going to believe Manny’s side cuz it easy to hate floyd

And I dont see how Manny fighting the same fighters Floyd has fought already makes him any ballsier?[/quote]

I give Pac a lot of credit for fighting both Margarito and Cotto, who Floyd wouldn’t. Both of those fighter are, in my opinion, much more dangerous than an old De La Hoya or my boy Ricky- especially Margarito.

And he’s still not a true welter-dude couldn’t hit 147 lbs. at any fight. Floyd is a much bigger man- he’s really gotta get down to 147, and he’s taller and just has a bigger frame. The Marquez fight proved that he can’t go any lower than 147- but Pac really should be fighting at lightweight or light welter still.

And that part about testing is not necessarily true… I spoke to the boxing writer for my paper and he was saying that Pac has agreed to all testing… it’s really Mayweather ducking him. Badly.

That all being said, I love Floyd Mayweather and want him to whip Pacquaio post to post.
[/quote]

I was going off of what Floyd said on a recent video post over on fighthype.com. He went over the whole contract situation and is even supposed to produce the contract that he signed on the next video in a couple days. Im not naive enough to believe everything he is saying, just like I dont believe ANYTHING that comes out of Arums mouth…lol but it seems some what credible.

Im with you Irish I would like to see Mayweather take PacMan pillar to pillar

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]pslikk wrote:
Pacman has balls (much more than Floyd ever did). He never backs down. He has the heart of a champion and the balls of a hungry contender. BUT… He WILL be in trouble. A WORLD of trouble. Good one for boxing fans, though! [/quote]

2 sides to every story…pac never agreed to testing and wont. Mayweather signed the original contract for testing and even had his trunks, and robe made for the fight. Arum pulled out and spun it to 14 weeks out testing, and then 8 weeks out, all to put it back on Floyd. and of course everyone is going to believe Manny’s side cuz it easy to hate floyd

And I dont see how Manny fighting the same fighters Floyd has fought already makes him any ballsier?[/quote]

I give Pac a lot of credit for fighting both Margarito and Cotto, who Floyd wouldn’t. Both of those fighter are, in my opinion, much more dangerous than an old De La Hoya or my boy Ricky- especially Margarito.

And he’s still not a true welter-dude couldn’t hit 147 lbs. at any fight. Floyd is a much bigger man- he’s really gotta get down to 147, and he’s taller and just has a bigger frame. The Marquez fight proved that he can’t go any lower than 147- but Pac really should be fighting at lightweight or light welter still.

And that part about testing is not necessarily true… I spoke to the boxing writer for my paper and he was saying that Pac has agreed to all testing… it’s really Mayweather ducking him. Badly.

That all being said, I love Floyd Mayweather and want him to whip Pacquaio post to post.
[/quote]

I was going off of what Floyd said on a recent video post over on fighthype.com. He went over the whole contract situation and is even supposed to produce the contract that he signed on the next video in a couple days. Im not naive enough to believe everything he is saying, just like I dont believe ANYTHING that comes out of Arums mouth…lol but it seems some what credible.

Im with you Irish I would like to see Mayweather take PacMan pillar to pillar[/quote]

It’s really sad that Floyd has a better chance of beating Pac than Pac beating Floyd, but Floyd is too scared to put it all on the line because it’s not a sure win for him. Seems like he’d rather not take the risk at all even if he has a better chance of winning the fight with Pac.

If Floyd really wants to show he’s a GREAT fighter, and the issues with fighting Pacquiao are “all business”, then he can fight Martinez. I would “settle” for that.

If not, he can shut his mouth and fight Pacquiao.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
If Floyd really wants to show he’s a GREAT fighter, and the issues with fighting Pacquiao are “all business”, then he can fight Martinez. I would “settle” for that.

If not, he can shut his mouth and fight Pacquiao.[/quote]

Listen, regardless if he fights Pac, you can’t be saying that he ain’t a great fighter.

All you motherfuckers have such short memories - this fucking guy beat Castillo twice, Diego Corrales, Corley, Hatton when he was undefeated, De La Hoya at a heavier weight, Judah when he was welterweight champ, Emmanuel Augustus- one of the underrated fighters of this decade, he demolished Arturo in a fashion nobody ever had…I mean, give him credit, he’s run the lightweight to the welterweight division since 98. Let’s not get crazy because he hasn’t fought who you want him to in the twilight of his career.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

Listen, regardless if he fights Pac, you can’t be saying that he ain’t a great fighter.

All you motherfuckers have such short memories - this fucking guy beat Castillo twice, Diego Corrales, Corley, Hatton when he was undefeated, De La Hoya at a heavier weight, Judah when he was welterweight champ, Emmanuel Augustus- one of the underrated fighters of this decade, he demolished Arturo in a fashion nobody ever had…I mean, give him credit, he’s run the lightweight to the welterweight division since 98. Let’s not get crazy because he hasn’t fought who you want him to in the twilight of his career.[/quote]

True. There’s no question of him heading straight into the hall of fame. But what I mean to say is… Mayweather is never going to occupy the spot he should (and could) in the P4P standings because he’s become more obsessed with not losing than winning.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

All you motherfuckers have such short memories - this fucking guy beat Castillo twice, Diego Corrales, Corley, Hatton when he was undefeated, De La Hoya at a heavier weight, Judah when he was welterweight champ, Emmanuel Augustus- one of the underrated fighters of this decade, he demolished Arturo in a fashion nobody ever had…I mean, give him credit, he’s run the lightweight to the welterweight division since 98. Let’s not get crazy because he hasn’t fought who you want him to in the twilight of his career.[/quote]

Just put everyone in there place LOL (DeLaHoya @154lbs btw)

I would say that Mayweather is a top 20 fighter of all time while Pac is a top 10 most “exciting” fighter of all time.
But you have to admit, his last few fights have been on the safe side. Everyone I knew put money on Mayweather to put on a clinic on Hatton and Marquez, two fighters that were too small to be in the ring with him.
DLH I felt was on the wrong side of his career.

[quote]fnf wrote:
I would say that Mayweather is a top 20 fighter of all time while Pac is a top 10 most “exciting” fighter of all time.
But you have to admit, his last few fights have been on the safe side. Everyone I knew put money on Mayweather to put on a clinic on Hatton and Marquez, two fighters that were too small to be in the ring with him.
DLH I felt was on the wrong side of his career.[/quote]

It’s hard to put either fighter in the top 20 of either category.

[quote]pslikk wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]pslikk wrote:

[/quote]

Im with you Irish I would like to see Mayweather take PacMan pillar to pillar[/quote]

It’s really sad that Floyd has a better chance of beating Pac than Pac beating Floyd, but Floyd is too scared to put it all on the line because it’s not a sure win for him. Seems like he’d rather not take the risk at all even if he has a better chance of winning the fight with Pac.
[/quote]

I think the biggest problem with the debacle is people take one side of the issue and completely forget two parties are involved and two parties are responsible for this fight not happening. Either side could have tried to make the fight and neither side put effort into it because they can both make 20-40 million dollars taking on lesser opposition.

[quote]fnf wrote:

If he whips Pac’s ass 2 years from now when the next great fighter comes up everybody will say Pac was half his size what an unfair fight.

Its all just fucked up no matter who’s side you take

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

If he whips Pac’s ass 2 years from now when the next great fighter comes up everybody will say Pac was half his size what an unfair fight.[/quote]

The fight will never happen, so it’ll never come up.
By the way, Pacs last few fights have been a joke too.

Honestly, I think the most significant part of this fight is that Top Rank and Golden Boy have managed to iron out a deal.

…I think Pac/May will eventually happen. Mayweather can’t walk down the street without someone saying he’s ducking Pacquiao. At some point, he’s going to want to prove them wrong.

mayweather > pacquiao

nuff said

[quote]pslikk wrote:
mayweather > pacquiao

nuff said[/quote]

x10

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Honestly, I think the most significant part of this fight is that Top Rank and Golden Boy have managed to iron out a deal.

…I think Pac/May will eventually happen. Mayweather can’t walk down the street without someone saying he’s ducking Pacquiao. At some point, he’s going to want to prove them wrong. [/quote]

They’re not working together. Golden Boy Promotions can’t match what Top Rank offered Marquez so he’ll be doing his tuneup fight with David Diaz with a co-promotion with his company and Top Rank and then fight Pacquiao which will probably be Top Rank, MP promotions, and Marquez’s promotional company working together.

I’m sure that him taking a tuneup with Diaz is purely coincidental too.

[quote]pslikk wrote:
mayweather > pacquiao

nuff said[/quote]

I can’t argue that.

Pacquiao vs. Marquez III, is a fight that should have fight fans salivating, yet the discussion invariably shifts to Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. For now, I favor Pac in the Marquez fight if they go through with it. If the fantasy fight does happen next year, I think its grandeur will be somewhat diminished.

[quote]goldengloves wrote:

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

…I think Pac/May will eventually happen. Mayweather can’t walk down the street without someone saying he’s ducking Pacquiao. At some point, he’s going to want to prove them wrong. [/quote]

They’re not working together. Golden Boy Promotions can’t match what Top Rank offered Marquez so he’ll be doing his tuneup fight with David Diaz with a co-promotion with his company and Top Rank and then fight Pacquiao which will probably be Top Rank, MP promotions, and Marquez’s promotional company working together.

I’m sure that him taking a tuneup with Diaz is purely coincidental too.[/quote]

This is disappointing. How long has it been since they’ve worked together now? 2-3 years?

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

[quote]goldengloves wrote:

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

I’m sure that him taking a tuneup with Diaz is purely coincidental too.[/quote]

This is disappointing. How long has it been since they’ve worked together now? 2-3 years?[/quote]

There’s animosity dating back to when De La Hoya started Golden Boy promotions, it just got worse when Floyd Mayweather left Top Rank for them. It’s like the Golden Boy stole his top earner and Bob Arum didn’t care for it. They used to work together to some degree but ever since Mayweather has been inactive Arum has just took full advantage of the situation and freezes them out of deals.

Arum is actually freezing a lot of promoters out of fights. For someone to fight Pacquiao at this point they either have to be free of a promotional contract or be promoted by Top Rank. There’s speculation that Tim Bradley will leave Gary Shaw Promotions for the chance to fight Pacquiao. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Erik Morales fights Pacquiao under the Top Rank banner in the future.