MarkKO's Training Log

Thanks brother! Not sure what the mundane advertisement was or how the video was particularly Australian though.

I think you’re right. I read the reviews and went through the options and picked the normals because I figure I’m not really strong, so a pair of entry level wraps should be fine as a pair for getting used to wraps after months of sleeves. Couldn’t have been more wrong, although they’re very comfortable it feels like there is virtually no rebound.

I think I’ll stick to what’s worked for me so far: whack on wraps a bit over a month out and use the same as I’ll use in meet. For some reason wraps don’t change my squat much, and I have this nagging suspicion it’s because I have no idea how to use the properly.

I just go straight into the deep end when I get gear. Why buy twice when you can buy nice? Though that has limits to how much you can with lifting gear, sometimes the gear can throw off your technique if it’s too aggressive.

1 Like

You are benching my squat…

Keep it up, and also keep posting videos ! I enjoy following your log.

1 Like

Instinctively so do I. I just kept hearing that you need to work into wraps because the groove is so different. Should’ve listened to my experience.

Thanks!

You’re only scratching the surface. Give it another year or two.

1 Like

Oh, forgot to mention I had to move my lever a notch in again. Only realised this by the time I’d hit the triple at 451 lbs. Arguably had I done this at the start I’d have found everything easier, not sure how it would have affected how I found the wraps, but I suspect it wouldn’t have changed much.

2 Likes

Lovin’ the log man, looked back just to get a good idea about your weight loss and what not, stellar, and also eye opening, ha! It is far from necessary to be a flab monster to be strong as proverbial shit!

1 Like

damn dude - you’re a motivation.

1 Like

@Despade @AliveAgain36 gee, thanks!

Woke at 184.1 lbs. Scale gave me a couple of slightly lower readings, but I always take the highest. Possibly it’s running low on batteries but I do look a whole lot different to yesterday morning - in a good way. I was also ravenous from the end of training onwards yesterday so there’s that too. Something was going on. Not sure how much is dehydration, I was careful to drink a decent amount yesterday.

2 Likes

Something is definitely up. Got crazy hungry within a couple of hours after breakfast to the point my brain was fogging slightly. That hasn’t happened in a few weeks. I was not expecting this at slightly higher calories.

1 Like

Eat more, exercise more. Your body is adjusting to more calories by burning more, it’s a great thing!

2 Likes

Quite possibly. I’ve got another four weeks until I have a BIA, which is the earliest I’d planned on adding more calories. I’d like to stick to that if possible, but I’ll monitor things very closely.

Still hungry, one meal to go. Tonight’s shift may be a tad rough. I’ll eat around midnight or one am, then done. Fasting window will be around 12-15 hours. Lucky tonight I’ll barely be moving. Tomorrow I may shift my eating cutoff to around three am, since I’ll probably get up around three pm. So:

Friday cutoff 0100
Saturday wake 1500, cutoff 0300
Sunday wake 1500 cutoff 0100
Monday wake 1300, train, cutoff 0100
Tuesday wake 13-1500 cutoff 0100
Wednesday wake 1300, train, cutoff 0100
Thursday wake 13-1500 cutoff 2200
Friday no sleep, breakfast 0900

Woke at 184.4 lbs. OK? I don’t think it’s dehydration, or certainly not all of it. Too close to yesterday’s value for that. Had a scoop of whey in water around half past seven just before bed, which I’m glad I did. I don’t look at that as something that will really throw off my fasting window.

One meal to go, and running on time: it’s just past 0100. Had good walks this and last shift too, a good hour and a half each time at a decent pace. Tomorrow I’ll be much more stationary though. Feeling decent all in all, and pretty keen to train on Monday.

Woke at 183.7 lbs, so this really seems to be a thing. Had a scoop of whey in water before sleep again. Seems to be a good way to go with a longer fasting window. Haven’t had much more than three hours sleep in a block since Thursday night but that’s night shift for you. Looking forward to training tomorrow.

Happy easter !

And to you @duketheslaya

1 Like

What’s the piece of cake by your name? I had that show up on my profile for one day recently and have no idea what it means.