MarkKO's Training Log

Mine is usually neater, but I had to adjust on the fly.

1 Like

Note

Using the Parillo equation (nine site skin fold) my bodyfat is 11.7%. I call BS.

Equation is % Body Fat = (Sum of 9 sites x 27) divided by bodyweight (lbs)

where sum of skinfold sites is in mm, body weight in lbs.

Using the Jackson Pollock equation I get eight per cent. I call even greater BS.

Equation is % Body Fat = (0.29288 x sum of skinfolds) – (0.0005 x square of the sum of skinfolds) + (0.15845 x age) – 5.76377, where the skinfold sites (measured in mm) are abdominal, triceps, thigh and suprailiac

3 Likes

Dude that’s amazing!!! I’m getting jelly because I’m just now tipping the scale @ 200. Making me feel fat over here!!! Lol

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: final push I think, another couple of months and phase one should be about over.

You’re working on getting stronger though, I’ve been focusing on losing fat. I have NO idea where my peaked strength is beyond lower on bench. Seven weeks and I’ll start finding out.

1 Like

Why? You look quite lean in those photos.

@magick at 11% I’d expect to look relaxed like I do flexed right now in terms of separation. Plus, I would have thought that at 11% I’d have minimal lower back fat deposits as opposed to an inch or so. Plus there’s minimal vascularity apart from my forearms.

1 Like

It would appear my Plazma bottle has gone walkabout. I got home yesterday and realised I didn’t have it. When I thought back I don’t remember carrying it out of the gym, but it wasn’t there. Not impressed.

How do you get biotest products in aus? I thought they only shipped in the us or something

They only ship free to the first 48, but ship out here just fine. Plus I’ve got a US postal address though Australia Post.

1 Like

Woke at 188.3 lbs. Expected this, almost certain it’s water retention due to higher salt in my food yesterday. Looking the same.

1 Like

This sounds right to me. Eyes are the best (and probably worst) measuring tools of BF%.

BF% is just a number though and all that matters is that you cut until you are happy.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong. A measurement is helpful for determining other parts of the process, but numbers mean nothing if you don’t like what you see.

1 Like

Early morning training. Yay.

Today’s training

Lazy lifter plus shoulders

Bench press

35 pull aparts between first three warmup sets

5x159 lbs, under 6 RPE
5x187 lbs, 6 RPE
5x214 lbs, 7-8 RPE
5x236 lbs, 10 RPE - last rep ugly AF but no way I was failing

Deciding to take the plunge and use CGBP for FSL from now on. Pinkie on innermost ring.

2x8x159 lbs, 7-8 and 8 RPE
1x7x159 lbs, 8-9 RPE

Felt decent, not too different.

Dips 50 total reps: 10xbw, 2x10x+22 lbs, 20xbw rest/pause

So CGBP fried my triceps. Good

Kroc rows 20x120lbs L+R

Supersetted BB curls/rope tricep pushdowns
Curls 50 total reps at 60 lbs: 5x10
Triceps 100 total reps at 27 lbs: 5x20

90 second rest between sets. Thought my biceps would explode

Incline treadmill walk 15 minutes at 5 km/hr and 15 incline

3 Likes

Weekly highlights, but no subtitles.

2 Likes

Woke at 186.6 lbs. Cool. Looking good, no puff or bloat anywhere.

3 Likes

Common sense took hold - eventually - and I got some whey concentrate to boost my protein to 200 grams per day. It’s the lowest calorie way I can do that. The carb timing I’ll play with later if I have to. Makes no sense to spend money and time talking to a dude who knows more about this than I if I’m going to ignore advice that’s easy to implement.

4 Likes

Pretty much.

Also is having to actually worry about anything other than macros something that happens with age, that I will have to eventually deal with myself, or is it just a person to person thing? I am not ready for the horrors of having to think about anything other than lifting the weight. lol

2 Likes

Maybe. If you used to be a fat fuck like myself definitely.

1 Like

Before or after puberty?

Before, during and after.

1 Like