MarkKO's Training Log

I agree with Myth. Just a hair longer at the sticking point, but never appeared to be in jeopardy of completing the lift. Still a strong, confident rep.

1 Like

Excellent, another vote on similar speed with slight difference at sticking point. I’m putting that at least partly down to the wraps giving me that extra drive out of the hole.

1 Like

I thought your comp lift descended slower? and then yes little longer in the sticking point.

When i get lighter I get a little wobbly in the same places you did for the 2nd.

Just noticed you were wrapped vs sleeved. Of course slower decent and sticking point at how much lighter BW?

Your next comp will be pretty cool to see. Then when you hit that PR total you can rip off your singlet straps all Hulk Smash mode and show the 6 pack!!!

4 Likes

Maybe this is the “real” reason behind Jokers?

You’re not rewarding yourself with an arbitrary “heavy” single. You’re practicing getting all your effort into one crisp lift.

2 Likes

Around 22 lbs lighter.

This sounds tempting

1 Like

I definitely think that’s one application for them.

Woke at 189.9 lbs. There’s a story behind this.

TL;DR I got home and my fiancee sent me to bed. At five pm. I looked like shit. My temperature was high and I felt dried out (that happens when I’m exhausted). Slept until about eight this morning.

Anyhow, I’m putting down a big chunk of the drop to a long fasting window, but I’ll see how I hold below 191.4 lbs (87 kg) without changing anything.

I feel a lot better now.

2 Likes

Had a bunch of fun today, and I think also did useful stuff without pushing anything. Kind of the point of deload to me. Pumped 1.2 litres of sugar-free Powerade on the way to the gym as I knew I was at least a little dehydrated.

Today’s training

Lazy lifter plus shoulders

Bench press

Worked up to 12x192 lbs, 10 RPE - I wanted to see how many reps I could get with my bodyweight. Hoped for 15, didn’t miss by too much. No pauses but IMO looks neat enough.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR1s2VnlNNt/

On went my Reactive Slingshot

13x192 lbs, 9-10 RPE - against reasonably neat as far as I can tell.

Log press worked up to a strict 5x174 lbs, 8 RPE

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR1wJugFa18/

Was grown up about things and left it at that.

I’d decided to work up to a heavy 10 of what I think are Yates rows. I might put up a video later for checking. Worked up in 22 lbs increments to 264 lbs.

Then dropped to 132 lbs and did an AMRAP set of strict rows for 19

Supsersetted EZ-bar preacher curls/DB skullcrushers
Curls 50 total reps at 44 lbs: 20, 11, 12, 10
Skullcrushers 50 total reps: 12 at 40 lbs, too heavy to feel much or get decent ROM, dropped to 30 lbs and it felt much better: 13, 13, 12

Stationary bike sprints 10 x 40 sec off/20 sec on at level 13

4 Likes

Woke at 191.4 lbs. Pleased with this, because I made a point of hydrating like a man possessed yesterday. In total I went through close to six litres of fluid. Ankle is a bit stiff and achy, but that’s irritating more than anything. I’m still attributing it to debris hanging around. As long as I can steadily reduce how much there is, I’m OK.

Won’t have a massive amount of time to train today so I’m thinking of working up to a beltless 1.5 times bodyweight squat for 15 or so, hitting some back raises and abs and GTFO.

5 Likes

Woke at 191.4 lbs again, so far so good.

Yesterday’s training

Lazy lifter plus shoulders

Beltless squat

Worked up to 16x308 lbs which took almost dead on a minute and was around 6 RPE - out of the mono too, didn’t take as much getting used to as I remembered

DL stance leg press
50 total reps at 462 lbs: 30, 20

GHR: 15 or so

45 degree back raises: 50

3 Likes

Keen as fucking mustard to train. Got to wait till Friday, but it’s a good sign. So looking forward to kicking off anchor. Not sure where this is coming from, but at a guess my body’s back to capacity and my mind is reflecting this.

The squats on Friday last week messed with me a fair bit more than I wanted to admit at first but I think now it’s clear I was simply depleted. I’m confident I could stick 462 lbs on the bar and squat it for five today.

5 Likes

Woke at 190.7 lbs. I like how things are going so far. Had a really good sleep too, which is a bonus.

2 Likes

getting dangerously close to the 180 somthings, good work.

1 Like

I know! Thank you. The end is finally in sight, and so is the beginning of phase two.

You can get red lighted for doing the head thing. I know that far too well. :frowning:

Also you are killing things, Mark. Great weight loss while being stronger than when you were heavier. I think you’re leaner than me now.

2 Likes

Yep, some feds will ping you for it. Pretty sure GPC doesn’t though.

1 Like

@Destrength thank you. It’s been an enlightening process.

BTW, just checked. GPC rules provide that had position is optional.

2 Likes

Woke at 189.4 lbs - or less, the scale went down beyond that but I’m sticking with the first measurement. I usually weigh twice in succession to make sure it’s accurate, this time I did maybe five because I kept getting different (lower) readings. I think maybe the batteries are going. Either way, looking decent. Saw veins on my ribs last night.

Then while I was posing (vain much?) while munchkin was in the bath my fiancee says I look great (awww) and I remind her there’s a way to go, which she denies saying it’s just skin. Then munchkin pipes up and points out I’m still fat - and I’m so fucking proud of him, he actually described EXACTLY where in my hips and back the fat sits.

7 Likes

She sounds great… my wife tells me I look tiny and that I’m not the commanding man she married any more… because I’m not 6’4" 275, like I was. I’m now 61lbs lighter :confused:

hahahaha

2 Likes

She’s very supportive despite having no understanding of what I do. It’s awesome. Although it’s worked out OK for her in that aspect because I look a bunch better than when we met. I was around 189 lbs and 25% back then, went up to 230ish then came back down to this.

1 Like