T Nation

MarkKO's Training Log

Alright, gauging the interest, I’m thinking you need a live stream of the event Mark :wink:
At least a highlight reel

Burley might do a live stream. I think they have before. There’s definitely going to be a highlight reel though.

I’m just here for the fatty pics :wink:

I really need to start an onlyfans account :rofl:

Woke at 254.4 lbs, looking less bloated than yesterday. Part dehydration, part not eating quite enough.

Todays training

McGill big three and air squats - in peak I warm up exactly as I will in meet, which means not using anything I don’t know for sure I’ll access to

Squat, mono
2x5xbar/60 lbs - walked out
5xplate/148 lbs - walked out
3x2 plates/258 lbs - walked out
2x3 plates/346 lbs - belt on, wraps five revolutions
1x407 lbs - six revolutions
2x1x462 lbs - seven revolutions. Using my own wraps now and there is so much more pop. These moved well.

Paused squat for a three count
4x3x302 lbs - belt only

Air squats with broom handle

All up an hour and 15 minutes

Hell of a squat session. You love the new Wraps?

Woke at 256.8 lbs (a few different readings, that’s the average), more bloated than yesterday but nothing extreme.

@bigpappafrance they’re just my wraps, not the gym ones. I’ve had them for a while but I only use them during peak and in meet. I keep them loosely folded so they don’t stretch out. When they lose their pop I’ll get new ones and these will become my training wraps.

Awesome squat Mark moved like a speed squat.

@mortdk that’s kind of what I’m going for this week. I want everything to be really fast.

Todays training

Chad Aichs lower back stretch, SuperD shoulder stabilisation thing, band work, five wide overhand grip pullups, hand release pushups

Bench press
2x5xbar
5xplate/132 lbs
3x176 lbs
1x220 lbs
3x1x253 lbs - ok, I need a liftoff now.

Paused bench for a three count
4x3x181 lbs

Military press
4x6x88 lbs

All up an hour and 20 minutes. I’m deliberately trying to not rush these peaking days.

Woke at 257.9 lbs, a bit bloated. I did eat a bunch of dinner though, so there is that.

Was dinner bananas ??

Four or five pears, a big bowl of rice and chicken and veggie stir fry.

Woke at 255.5 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. Quads are sore, something went in my right groin getting of the bog yesterday that had me limping but it seems to have cleared up now.

Mark great bench session, and I know what you mean by getting a lift off. I find it helps the shoulders around that weight.

The better I set up, the harder it is to unrack solo.

I find the same, usually as soon as I lose some tension in the shoulders and traps it’s game over and it feels like your gonna be pinned to the bench

@I_Luc I just can’t move the bar out of the rack without losing tension.

Todays training

McGill big three and banded good mornings

DL, DL bar
2x5xbar
3xplate/154 lbs
2x2 plates/264 lbs
1x3 plates/352 lbs - belt and to mixed grip
1x4 plates/440 lbs
2x1x512 lbs - second was better than the first, but still not as quick as I got on squat and bench.

Deficit DL off five mats (around two inches)
4x3x369 lbs - used straps because my forearms are jacked up enough as it is what with knee wrapping.

SLDL
2x10x253 lbs - more straps

All up an hour and 20 minutes

Sitting downstairs I hear munchkin tell Mrs KO he doesn’t need her because, and I quote, daddy does most of the things when I ask.

For some reason I think I’m going to pay for that.

Couch for the week