MarkKO's Training Log

You really know how to dig deep man. Get the batteries recharged mate

1 Like

Bad throat sounds similar to what I had. Lots of tonsillitis going around this week.

1 Like

Woke at 246 lbs, looking much the same as yesterday. Feeling a bunch better too.

5 Likes

Good mate.

1 Like

I’m pleased. It looks like I’ve come down with a cold, because I’m starting to sniffle today. What threw me yesterday was that I didn’t exactly have a sore throat. Not that I’m complaining, sore throats are my least favourite ailment. It’s just that usually I get a sore throat for a day or two, then the sniffles. Apparently my body did me a solid and skipped the first part.

9 Likes

Todays training

Squat, walked out
5x3x253 lbs

All up eight minutes

8 Likes

Love a good quickie.

6 Likes

Woke at 245.4 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. Feeling better.

1 Like

Woke at 245.4 lbs again, little bit extra lower ab bloating but nothing major.

1 Like

Todays training

Seven wide grip overhand pullups

Bench press
2x5xbar
5x3x138 lbs, didn’t get up between sets

All up 13 minutes

6 Likes

Woke at 244 lbs, looking less bloated than yesterday. Deload has done its work too. I’m feeling ready to get beat to shit again.

4 Likes

Get beat to shit boi!

2 Likes

Todays training

McGill big three

DL, stiff bar
2x5xbar
5xplate
3x2 plates
5x3x286 lbs

Grip was good, technique was good.

Interesting note, this week I didn’t wear a cuff on my right forearm training. Today was the test, and it felt fine. The damn thing still hurts plenty, and I wear the cuff all day at work, but for brief periods it seems like I can do without it.

8 Likes

Woke at 243.6 lbs, a little bit more bloated than yesterday which I’m putting down to a few slices of pizza I had at dinner. Nothing extreme though.

1 Like

Woke at 246 lbs, but looking the same as yesterday. Go figure. I think the jump is a combination of cold pizza for dinner and a bunj of Gatorade during the day.

2 Likes

Woke at 245.6 lbs, looking less bloated than yesterday.

1 Like

Looking strong man, how’s it going?

Thanks! I’m well. I’m definitely the strongest I’ve been, the heaviest I’ve been (and not disgustingly sloppy with it) and understand a lot more than I did. It’s good to see you back.

1 Like

Todays training

McGill big three, reverse hyper and air squats

Hips feeling tightish

Squat, walked out
2x5xbar
5xplate/170 lbs
3x2 plates/259 lbs
2x3 plates/347 lbs
1x391 lbs, belt on
4x1x435 lbs, bare knees - my walkouts fucking SUCKED today
2x435 lbs, bare knees out of the mono and holy jeebus not walking out made a difference (Jake offered to work the gate. Never had before. My walkouts must have looked truly disgusting)
6x435 lbs, wraps (6 revolutions) out of the mono - forgot my groove on the first but it went up nicely anyway, got back into the groove but fifth and sixth weren’t easy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrMvdo3ghML/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1igl350lpnkfw

Olympic squats
2x6x302 lbs - fuck these. My abs almost cramped on both sets around rep five

Air squats
2x15

Pullups
3x5 - wide overhand, wide neutral, close neutral

DB row
2x10x88 lbs - grip was fried from pullups. Lats a bit too.

All up an hour and 20 minutes

7 Likes

Entirely non training related.

I just had a sharp reminder that I really, REALLY don’t understand human relationships.

It seems like I’m in the minority in that I pick who I care about and have no qualms not caring about people I apparently should. No cause for alarm, Mrs KO and I are fine. I just get bewildered when I see Mrs KO persisting in maintaining a relationship with some blood relatives when it mostly causes her distress. I find myself unable to give any advice beyond that if they cause you stress, stop having anything to do with them. That’s what I do, regardless of who the person is. I have almost nothing to do with my mother because any time spent with her brings back unpleasant feelings and memories from my childhood, which wasn’t happy. No recriminations, but a few years ago I decided I was done making myself unhappy for no good reason.

Makes for a much happier life IMHO. Life’s too hard and short to bother with excess shit.

18 Likes