T Nation

MarkKO's Training Log

Lots of volume Mak in no time, awesome.

Woke at 247.6 lbs, looking very similar to yesterday. Legs are toast and lats are sore from the board moving.

Belt less is best, I used to add mine all the time but found my core is much stronger only using it on top set.
So oly squat,you talking close stance, bar higher on back?
If you really wanna hate squats,try pausing them slightly in the hole, ouch!

Yes, higher bar and closer stance. So fucking awkward.

Todays training

Chad Aichs lower back stretch, Super D shoulder, band work, five pullups (grip slipped, fatter bar and no chalk), hand release pushups

Bench press
2x5xbar
5xplate
3x176 lbs
4x3x215 lbs
13x214 lbs

Feet forward an inch made me more conscious of my foot positioning, so I thought a little too much. Also had a hard time squeezing my lats.

CGBP to a one board
3x5x209 lbs

Lat pulldown
12x132 lbs
2x12x137 lbs

RDF
3x10x38 lbs

DB lateral raise
2x10x27 lbs

Noticed my right rear delt area isn’t feeling as pumped as the left. Probab explains why my right pec/delt tie-in keeps tweaking a little. Pretty sure I know how to fix this though.

Tricep extensions
3x10x27 lbs

All up an hour and 15 minutes.

Is this a typo or did you really remove one pound from the bar?

Woke at 246.5 lbs, looking much the same as yesterday. That’s what I get for not exceeding my calories, apparently. Knew I should have eaten more dinner.

@JMaier31 typo.

go on…?

Rotator cuff work. I think CT calls it a victory raise or something. You put a light band around your wrists with your aems in front of you and push against the band. While doing that, raise your arms above your head. Repeat 20 or so times

Woke at 247.8 lbs, maybe a tad less bloated than yesterday.

Todays training

McGill big three and reverse hyper

DL, stiff bar
5xbar
3xplate/154 lbs
3x2 plates/242 lbs
2x3 plates/330 lbs
1x4 plates/408 lbs beltless but mixed grip. Double overhand peeled open before the bar even left the ground
4x1x479 lbs did the first two beltless
7x479 lbs thank fuck that’s done. I was a bit in my own head about it because of a fortnight ago so I calmed myself right down before the set and it helped.

Front squat
2x10x176 lbs

Weighted 45degree back raises
4x10x54 lbs

Bent over DB row
2x10x55 lbs

All up an hour and 15 minutes

That’s some serious pulling mate

Woke at 247.6 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. Shithouse sleep.

hahaha. lol’d. you’ve got a good eye. \o/

Underestimated how truly mindboggingly shit my sleep was. Pretty much a zombie today.

Todays training

McGill big three, reverse hyper and air squats

Wide stance squat
2x5xbar
5xplate/148 lbs
2x15x225 lbs

Goblet squats
3x10x70 lbs

BB rows
3x5x220 lbs

Greg said heavy, but right now that was heavy.

Air squats

Plank
Three minutes: 1 minute 18 seconds, 1 minute, 42 seconds

All up an hour and 10 minutes

Also, next meet is March 24 2019. Three more months of this meat grinder and I can peak.

Woke at 249.1 lbs, looking a bit less bloated than yesterday.

Hey Mark, how much do you pay for coaching? I’m considering getting one but I’m really not sure if I can afford one at this point.

@liftangryordie500 I pay Greg 20 USD a month via the Train Heroic site/app.

Most of the actual coaching is done via the Team Panora Facebook group, so it’s not just Greg who checks but everyone. There are good number of Greg’s guys who know his cues and system well enough and the technique videos are pinned so you can check them too.

The magic is the program, because it isn’t gimmicky or tailored towards anyone having fun or going beastmode to feel good or some other BS. It’s designed for one purpose, to build a total over time. Greg’s been around for over two decades and trained with and learned from the best of the best. His system works if you do and he’s not interested in anyone who isn’t prepared to do the work and trust the process.

TL;DR if you sign up, shut up and do the work as written. Don’t add shit, don’t drop shit and don’t change shit because you think x or y works better for you. If you have questions, ask. Everyone will help as best as possible. We all do the same work and the same exercises and we all get better. We all hang together in feeling like hell most of the time and it all pays off on meet day.

Sounds good. I’ll look into it. Will I be able to work around food issues, would you say? I only ask this because you gained a lot of weight and got a lot stronger.