MarkKO's Training Log

Woke at 245.3 lbs, no idea where they came from. Looking a bit watery so I’ll go with salt.

Ok, well I’m fucking exhausted :joy:

Yesterday was weird. Slept kind of badly Friday night, felt pretty average Saturday. Tried to make rehydration iced tea, which was just strong, sweet black tea with some salt in it. Downed about a litre and within two minutes dry heaved. Took several hours for my stomach to feel ok.

Last night slept like garbage again. Not sure if I’m dehydrated today - I should be, because I didn’t get much liquid in yesterday. Except, I also got in a bunch of salt yesterday. So maybe that let me hold onto what liquid I did get in.

Either way, I feel tired AF now and bloated, although that’s probably late breakfast.

Deload this coming week. Thank fuck.

4 Likes

I’ve seen you recommend deloading 5×3 @50%. No assistance work for deloads?

None. Greg has us just do the 5x3. Except Friday, we’re allowed to do whatever is set for that week because it’s low weight and a ton of reps.

1 Like

I might try this for deloading.

1 Like

Woke at 245.3 lbs again. Not looking hugely bloated or anything but I definitely feel it a bit and it is visually noticeable - just not extreme. Not sure what’s going on. Slept OK but not great, so maybe that’s what’s going on.

1 Like

Quick addition: just decided to 86 breakfast. I’ve had my sweet tea, about to have my coffee. Bowl of cereal and yoghurt sitting there and I just don’t want to deal with it.

It isn’t that I’m sitting well over 242, because I know jumps that big over a short time are just water or bloat. I simply don’t want to fucking eat and it isn’t going to cost me any progress not to.

2 Likes

You might be training close to your limits Mark.
Deload will be good to you.
Come back strong and rested :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, training wise I could go another week or two without deloading. I’ve adjusted to the new working maxes, so this deload will be a bit of a treat instead of desperately needed.

I think I may be simply extra hydrated. Peeing today and it’s way clearer than usual for the first couple of hours in the day. That suggests I’m holding a ton of water. Explains the bloat.

What I will use the deload for is not having to push the food intake so hard.

3 Likes

Todays training

Bodyweight reverse hypers, air squats, planks

Squat, walked out
5xbar - standard bar in rack. Yeah nah, I like my shoulders working
5x106 lbs - asked to work on mono with other dude whose shoulders also said yeah nah, so I used what he had
5x149 lbs
5x3x258 lbs

Band work, 6 wide overhand grip pull-ups, hand release push-ups

Bench press
5xbar
5x3x137 lbs

All up 45 minutes. I like deloads

8 Likes

Woke at 242.4 lbs, bloat and wateriness way, way down. Feeling better too.

It’s a diet deload, not a training deload. After that, back to maxing out every day!

4 Likes

Woke at 174.4 today, lol. feeling bloated.

5 Likes

Woke up with a bloated food and beer belly. No idea what I weight but I feel fatter !!

5 Likes

Woke at 240.2 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. Ok? I’m guessing dehydration, mostly because I sweated a bunch yesterday and my salt intake the last couple of days has been low. Fluid intake yesterday was fine. Calories Monday and yesterday weren’t super high but well above the minimum. I’m definitely hungry this morning though, which is a change.

3 Likes

Fuck me I’m tired. Weekend of shit sleep has been kicking my capacious backside all week. Not to mention all this week at work has been installation work, so kneel, do shit, get up, carry shit, repeat.

Today’s training

Bodyweight reverse hypers, 45 degree back raises, planks, jumps

DL, stiff bar
5xplate
3x2 plates
5x3x281 lbs - took until set four to actually do these cunts properly, drop my arse and jump. In my defence I didn’t want to be there

Forty-five minutes

11 Likes

Woke at 241.1 lbs, looking less bloated than yesterday. Either I’m still dehydrated (except I went through around six litres of fluid yesterday), or this whole don’t push the calories during deload was a bad idea.

Hey Mark couple of workouts lately were you’ve been a bit worn out.
You pointed to the lots of work, added shit sleep and throwing in eating maybe too little calories.
It all adds up, try to get a good nights sleep, a decent amount of food and a couple of days with a little less work, then you’ll be back in business :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woke at 243.1 lbs, some bloating. Exhausted. Bring on the weekend.

@mortdk so apparently my too little calories sits around 3500…

2 Likes