MarkKO's Training Log

Nah, your efforts aren’t pathetic.

2 Likes

Heads so fuzzy right now just feeling sorry for myself. Don’t worry I’ll head off to Bunnings in the morning and get a teaspoon of concrete. :wink:

1 Like

Woke at 240 lbs, little bit bloated and feeling run the fuck over. Took some effort to get up, but it helps having a job I enjoy and actually producing something.

1 Like

Are you 100% switched over to the new job? Besides beating up your hands, how is it going?

1 Like

Yes, completely. I started the paperwork at my old work to go casual because I thought I’d need the money but turns out I’m doing fine; plus I wouldn’t really have time to work two jobs.

It’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

Hands are better. I was just dumb and didn’t react to the warning pain early enough. Didn’t figure that using my grip more could do much. The flossing helped a ton. I’m now on the lookout for two cheap 65 lbs kbs to make an X-wife.

7 Likes

Todays training

Bodyweight reverse hypers, narrow stance air squats, planks

Narrow stance squat (each foot two inches further in)
5xbar/60 lbs
5xplate/149 lbs
2x16x253 lbs - fuck me dead

DB goblet squats
3x15x88 lbs

DB lunges
25x44 lbs - did them walking in three sets of 18, 15 and 17. Probably was meant to do them in one set and in one spot but yeah nah, sorry Greg

BB row
3x10x132 lbs - probably could have gone heavier. Lower back is glad I didnt

DB row
20x88 lbs

Plank
3 minutes - 1 minute 15 seconds, 45 seconds, 20 seconds, 40 seconds

All up an hour and 10 minutes

7 Likes

I’m glad to hear it’s working out so well for you. What kind of things are you building?

I put together a rough table from old barn wood for the front porch. I forgot how much I liked the smell of sawdust.

1 Like

Woke at 240.7 lbs, less bloated than yesterday.

@flatsfarmer I’ve glued together and sanded for spraying a bunch of desktops (for my old work, funnily enough), worked on installing a bunch of stuff for an exhibition and helped prepare panels and tops at the spray booth so far. I’m not signed off on enough machinery to really make anything yet.

1 Like

Woke at 242.7 lbs, definitely bloated around lower ab. That’s salt. I expected this. Slept for around 11 hours and feel human again.

2 Likes

Woke at 241.6 lbs, salt bloat gone. That’s not to say I’m not a bit bloated, but not the super watery kind from yesterday.

2 Likes

When are you predicting to hit 250?

After I hit 249.

9 Likes

Something tweaked in my right lumbar at work - which, TBH, is probably just a development of the something that tweaked in my glute when I did push-ups last. Go figure.

Todays training

Bodyweight reverse hypers, air squats, planks

Lower back feeling good, midsection very switched on during planks so win

Squats, walked out
5xbar/60 lbs
5xplate/148 lbs
3x2 plates/237 lbs
2x3 plates/319 lbs - beltless, back fine
4x2x434 lbs - bare knees
9x434 lbs - wraps, 6 revolutions. Bracing was off a couple of reps which just meant I pitched forward slightly a couple of times.

First and last sets. Just accumulating fatigue over here #teampanora
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoGuQOvg7uS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=hvc5h8pcllna

BBer squat
2x10x281 lbs - fuck these

DB goblet squat
2x12x88 lbs

Weighted back raises
2x15x44 lbs

DB bent over row
4x10x66 lbs - lit up my whole back like nothing else. Fuck me.

Gave my lower back some extra love to be safe.

All up an hour and 30 minutes.

14 Likes

Careful with that back bro. Can mess your life up pretty quick if you’re not careful. Nice lifts!

1 Like

I know. I try to be careful. It’s fine though, just something that comes along periodically. If it had been bad I wouldn’t have squatted.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Your squats looks so great Mark.
Hope your back is okay soon.

1 Like

Woke at 241.6 lbs, a bit less bloated again.

@mortdk thank you. My back is fine (as far as I know). It’s a bit stiff this morning but that’s normal considering yesterday. The tweak is gone.

3 Likes

I walked right into that one

3 Likes

Right forearm and shoulder started acting up at work. Yay. I need to figure out how to stop this, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to come down to locking my scaps down and learning exactly how little grip I need to use to hold onto the sanding block.

Todays training

Band work, pull-ups (6-7, I’m not sure I’ll count the seventh), kb halos, hand release push-ups

Bench press
5xbar
5xplate
3x176 lbs
4x1x225 lbs
2x3x225 lbs
10x225 lbs - this was our AFSAP. Really happy to have gotten it in one set. Not sure if I’ve ever hit 220+ for 10 before. It I have it was just the once.

More work #teampanora
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoJG9BRgnZf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1hmqejtduagx3

CGBP to a 2-board
2x5x214 lbs

Inverted rows
3x10

DB rows
20x88 lbs

Band facepulls
4x10

Skull crushers
2x10x66 lbs

Extra shoulder love. Seems to have helped. Forearm seems kind of ok, probably because I kept cuffs on most of the session.

All up and hour and 20 minutes

14 Likes

2 plates 10 reps, nice work Mark. And they looked quite easy as well.

3 Likes