MarkKO's Training Log

Give that man a medal. Dad joke of the month right there.

6 Likes

Woke at 243.1 lbs, looking similar to yesterday but with a definite bloat around lower ab - which tallies with having had a large, salty dinner. So awesome that I cracked 242 lbs, but in reality it’s due to salt and what I ate sitting there.

1 Like

Todays training

Band work, pull-ups (seven), had release push-ups (which were seriously fucking explosive today)

Bench press
5xbar
5xplate
3x176 lbs
3x3x214 lbs - took two sets to dial in my leg drive
5x214 lbs
13x214 lbs - I’d have been happy with 10, so yeah, pleased

Dead press - 10 second pause on chest
1x214 lbs - not as horrible as you’d think, also closer to 15 seconds because operator error

CGBP to a two-board
2x5x214 lbs

Tricep extensions
3x8x38 lbs - just a tad too heavy, but the 33s were in use, so…

Tricep pushdowns
3x15x33 lbs - only have a straight bar, but good pump

DB rows
3x10x88 lbs - heaviest DB available until I figure out how to set up my adjustable DBs so I focused on squeezing my lats hard at the top and really controlling the eccentric. Good pump. No need for extra weight. Higher reps would be brutal AF

Rear delt flys
2x15x38 lbs - hell of a burn

Done in an hour and 15 minutes

10 Likes

Woke at 240.5 lbs, looking back to what is now normal I guess. Quads are pretty sore, lats are also feeling it.

7 Likes

Woke at 241.8 lbs, looking very similar to yesterday.

2 Likes

Todays training

45 degree back raises, planks, bodyweight reverse hypers, jumps

Deadlift, stiff bar
3x132 lbs - lower back pumped up to hell from work already, but not tight
3x220 lbs
2x308 lbs

All double overhand, no chalk and beltless up to hear. I could hear the RAW police creaming their SBDs

Belt on, mixed grip from hereon out

1x385 lbs because like a fuckwit I was 11 lbs short on the left side. Using calibrated plates is cool and all but makes the maths different. I think I’ll probably end up just adding 22 lbs to all my warmups and take bigger jumps.
3x1x495 lbs - by the third single it felt OK but one and two were so-so because I needed to set my belt height and dial in. My excuse is that this is around 150 lbs heavier than anything I’ve pulled for around two months
2x495 lbs - considerably less awful than I expected
5x495 lbs - fine. Fifth was work, but fine. Target was five in as few sets as possible so win.

Took a leaf out of @littlesleeper’s book because I didn’t want to drop Jake’s nice plates too hard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnqP87EhEgD/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=o2ahi51vscma

DB split squats
2x10x44 lbs

BB row
8x176 lbs
2x8x198 lbs - probably a fair bit lighter than my lats could have used but by now my lower back was toast and holding strict position was borderline agony

Weighted 45 degree back raise
5x10x44 lbs - inner left knee starting to niggle but it’s fine now

Inverted rows
1x12

All up an hour and a half

14 Likes

Ferns in the gym?!

2 Likes

Strong deadlifting mate!

Do you know why exactly this happens? Especially since you haven’t even started on deadlifts.

Aren’t you using the metric system anyway down under?

1 Like

Woke at 240.5 lbs, looking much the same as yesterday.

@Koestrizer these days my lower back gets pumped up a lot easier simply because I’m bigger. I guess it takes more work to keep me upright. At work I’m on my feet most of the time, and quite often lifting and carrying a fair bit, or doing something like sanding (which turns out to take more effort than I thought).

Yes, we do use the metric system here but I’m also used to 20 kg plates. The calibrated ones are 25 kg so I had to actually think beyond one, two, three plates etc. Like I said, I’ll probably end up just going one, two, three calibrated plates now.

2 Likes

I have heard that about heavy lifters but like really obese heavy. You aren’t THAT big. I have had the problem with back pumps for a while warming up in deadlifts and couldn’t say what caused it or what made it go away again either. That’s kind of why I was interested.

1 Like

I get a back pump from doing rear foot elevated split squats some days. Shit happens, I guess?

1 Like

Probably the lifting at work. MDF and laminate isn’t light when you’re moving panels 50 or more times in a 10 hour day. Plus I’ve always gotten lower back pumps from lunges and split squats.

2 Likes

And running, lol

2 Likes

That too.

1 Like

Hands, forearms and elbows are fucking fried. Right side especially, gripping hurts. Elbow flexuon is fine, though. Got a floss band so hopefully that’ll help. Matter of time until they adjust to working all day I guess.

Todays training

Band work, forgot hand release push-ups

Close grip Spoto press
5xbar
5xplate
2x12x165 lbs

DB bench
2x15x60 lbs

Diamond push-ups
2x10

Skull crushers
2x10x66 lbs

DB lateral raises
2x15x25 lbs

Rear delt flys
20x38 lbs

Pull-ups
3x6 (wide overhand, wide neutral, close neutral) - the more of me there is, the less ROM I have on these. My lats don’t crap out at the top, I just can’t get myself to the bar because the there isn’t room

Weighted situps
4x15x44 lbs

Done in an hour and 10 minutes

5 Likes

Yes sir

Woke at 239.6 lbs, WTF?! Better be dehydrated, although I wasn’t by bedtime yesterday. Got to eat today. Elbows are feeling better though.

3 Likes

Ever considered elbow sleeves?

tweet

Yes, and wore them for ages. Didn’t do much. I use elbow cuffs now, much more effective because of the extra pressure.

1 Like

Again, this cracks me up. I believe you were down to 198 at one point, while I was 196, within two pounds of each other.

Now, you’re 240 and I’m 172.

Wow.

4 Likes