MarkKO's Training Log

I had to do a quick search and confirm you’re a dog’s supporter,
Respect has been restored

Fuck yeah @simo74! Go the doggies

Lol sorry to disappoint you boys @duketheslaya and @anon96032531 but it is my son and misses that are doggies supporters. I for my sins go for the Bombers !!

2 Likes

Woke at 239.1 lbs, barely even bloated. So apparently I still need to eat more. Shouldn’t be dehydrated because I went through five litres of fluid yesterday.

1 Like

How do you even force almost a kilo of carbs down your throat in a day? I can’t even…

1 Like

How many calories are you eating a day

1 Like

@OTHSteve it isn’t super hard (EDIT it also isn’t super pleasant, just not torture). Couple hundred grams of cereal for breakfast, 900-odd grams of rice throughout the day, 60 grams of waxy maize in my water jug, two litres of Gatorade-a-like during training, three hundred grams of sponge cake for dessert with dinner and voila!

@mortdk yesterday 5400. That was a fair bit. Last couple of weeks between 3200-4400, gradually edging closer to the higher end over the period because I realised I needed to eat more. I think I’m probably going to have to sit around 4000 cal/day to keep growing, but maybe higher. I’ll adjust once I’ve got my July/August average.

1 Like

wow Mark, that was a lot of food.
I struggle with just under 3000, that is if I’m eating clean.
Next week I’ll try to up my intake to 3000 - 3200.

2 Likes

You eat the good stuff! Sweet cereals, animal crackers, oatmeal, potatoes, bread…so much bread.

They’re not all healthy carbs but they sure are tasty.

2 Likes

A man after my own heart

4 Likes

I can put away some carbs… last night my dinner was 2 bowls of pasta with spinach and chicken, 2 pieces of garlic bread and a 16 oz glass of milk. I can also hit 5K calories in a day, I just have to really raise my fat intake for that, though. I literally don’t think I have the gastrointestinal tract space for that much food.

Also, all you Aussies are making me feel very insecure American with your talk of sports of which I know nothing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have no idea what they’re talking about either. I’m in Kansas!

1 Like

Really? me too. Where at? /hijack thread

1 Like

A 5 9’ dude shooting for 260ish lbs isn’t primarily concerned about health…

7 Likes

Well, you still got some work to do, then! What are you doing typing when you could be lifting or eating!

My recommendation, invest in some extra-large tubs of mixed nuts, no peanuts. That’ll get your total calories up there, for sure.

1 Like

Can’t do nuts unfortunately. I have to keep my fats looooooow (like 20% of calories) or I feel like shit and just fucking balloon.

1 Like

I can’t do nuts because i get the runs

Forgive me, I was scouted by Geelong when I swapped from league to afl but ill take anything over Maguire’s Maggie’s
The junior club I was affiliated with took the bombers as their badge so I’ve always had a soft spot for Essendon

3 Likes

Woke at 237.8 lbs. Fucking seriously?! I’m hoping for dehydration. Looking similar to yesterday.

1 Like

It must be a winter thing. Doesn’t everything start growing again in spring.

1 Like