MarkKO's Training Log

Woke at 240.2 lbs, a bit bloated. Glad to see movement in the right direction. Last week of the hypertrophy phase too. That means deload next week, which I’m hanging for, and then back to accumulation, which I’m also hanging for.

2 Likes

Felt progressively shitter throughout the day, in terms of an incipient migraine. Ended up ditching training in favour of a burger and biscuits along with an icepack on my head. This helped.

It’s deload next week, so I can easily push everything back a day and I didn’t want to push for a new shittest feeling training PR so close to last week.

7 Likes

Woke at 238.9 lbs, some bloating but nothing extreme. No migraine either.

2 Likes

Good that you’re feeling better, although I have to wonder why so many people liked your post about feeling shitty… ?

4 Likes

I don’t ask those kind of questions :joy:

Thank you.

4 Likes

I liked it, because that’s the only response that are available.
I hope it’s received as a kind of sorry to hear, hope you’re getting better soon.

5 Likes

I know that nobody is happy about Mark feeling like crap, but little non-sequiturs like that always amuse me.

3 Likes

Because fuck your feelings,
That’s why

Nah I’m glad you’re feeling better today :+1:

5 Likes

I think they were liking the burger and biscuits lol

4 Likes

Deff this ^

Gotta love those burgers :hamburger:

2 Likes

Today’s training

Reverse hyper, air squats, planks

Squat, mono
5xbar
5xplate/143 lbs
5x2 plates/231 lbs - belt on. Still breaking it in. This will be the last week of that, it’s already coming good.
2x10x308 lbs - best squats since the meet. Still left me sucking wind though.

Close stance squat (feet two inches closer in)
2x10x308 lbs - I will not miss these. Still belted

Front squat
15x154 lbs

DB split squat
3x12x40 lbs - haven’t missed these

SLDL
3x12x132 lbs - because a plate was ample weight to light my hamstrings up by now.

Axle curl
4x15x40ish lbs - could have added weight. Should have, but too focused on getting the fuck out without another migraine.

All up an hour and a half.

Also, found a reverse hyper in the factory. Turns out one of our showcase guys did a couple of discs so built himself the reverse hyper. Fixed his back, too.

9 Likes

Woke at 238.9 lbs again, less bloated. Quads are feeling it.

1 Like

Seems like it has been a while in the high 230’s but no 240 yet ???
How tall are you ??

Yeah, it’s slowed down a bit. Since changing jobs I’ve had to eat even more just to stay around this weight too.

I’m either 173 or 178 cm. I never remember which one, but it’s one of them. Call it 5 9’ish.

4 Likes

177cm is 5 10 so guessing your there abouts.

1 Like

@simo74 it’s probably 173 cm then

Todays training (just realised I’ve been misusing the apostrophe. The shame!)

Band work, pull-ups (9), hand release push-ups

Bench press
5-8xbar
5xplate
2x10x181 lbs

Wide grip bench press (pointer finger on rings)
2x10x181 lbs

CGBP to a 1-board
15x132 lbs - didn’t set my shoulders properly like a fuckwit

DB floor press
4x15x50 lbs

Close grip incline press
2x12x132 lbs - it was really hard/impossible to actually get the bar to touch my chest. Shit kept getting in the way. Right elbow did NOT like when I got close to my chest either

Bench dips
50 total reps with 10 second rests: 20, 10s

All up an hour and 15 minutes including mobility and stretching I didn’t do yesterday

9 Likes

Perhaps I’m a know-it-all teenager, but you had it right the first time… :smile:

3 Likes

This should help me grow, right @simo74?

4 Likes

Could of had more if not for a pesky magpie…
And no, I’m not talking about @simo74 who I’m hoping for the joke is a Collingwood supporter…

1 Like

Wash your mouth out big man!!

@MarkKO that extra carbs and lovely fat should deff do the trick

2 Likes