MarkKO's Training Log

Took a scoop of pre-trainer when I left work. It did precisely fuck all, except maybe adding some insidious nausea to how shit I already felt. Fucking yay.

Today’s training

Reverse hyper, 45 degree back raises, planks, jumps

Cold sweat started, wasn’t sure what the fuck this was going to end. All I knew was I didn’t want to be there.

DL, stiff bar
3xplate - fucking ew
2xplate - ok
2x2 plates - belt went on, more breaking in, and that’s enough bullshit, might as well get to work and see if I’ll actually hurl or pass out
10x335 lbs - first set double overhand for the first three reps. That was foul. Debated going home
10x335 lbs - did this as fast as I could because I knew if I slowed there was a fair chance I wouldn’t finish

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm2f2Afhf8C/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1tcmg33jmil4p

Nausea not going anywhere

Rack pull from mid shin
2x10x335 lbs - still belted. First set all double overhand, second set first five double overhand. Apparently my grip is stronger. Go figure

It was around this time I realised my intraworkout carbs smelt somewhere between off milk, feet and cheese. This probably wasn’t helping the nausea. That’ll teach me to leave it in the car overnight.

DL without touching the floor
14x220 lbs - again, belted. I’m breaking it in, ok?

45 degree back raises
50 total reps with 22 lbs, 10 second rests - 5x10, this really sucked

DB shrugs
4x15x80 lbs - traps lit up

Nausea finally fucked off

Standing DB press
3x10x40 lbs

DB lateral raises
4x10x20 lbs, 10 second rests - holy god.

All up an hour and a half. Then I dropped my clean boxers on the shower. Yay. At dinner my lower traps decided to do this weird thing where it felt like they were going to explode into my chest. This took some of the shine off the half kilo sirloin I was eating.

14 Likes

You detailed that workout so well I thought I was there watching you!

8 Likes

That’s what I was going for.

3 Likes

I was watching that video just when you uploaded thinking fuck they were moving so quick and now I know why! Great job man
I sympathise about the pre, I know the feeling all too well
What brand have you been using? I have these two that I interchange between what I’m training
If I don’t do the bare minimum with what I’m taking, one will either give me an anxiety attack, or the other one I won’t be able to sleep if I’ve taken it before 2pm

1 Like

I rarely ever use it, can’t think of the name offhand. Body FX maybe? It’s not a super stimmy pre, more of a low level boost. I’m guessing I should have double scooped. Or it could be like some others I’ve had which worked brilliantly the first time round and then pretty much stopped working.

1 Like

oh wow those reps moved at warp speed

1 Like

Two weeks ago I had back to back shit workouts on leg day and the common factor was pre-workout. I was dragging ass and thought I could use a boost for leg day. I fought nausea through both workouts.

1 Like

Long time between you having shitty workouts Mark.
You might be on the edge to overtraining or some illness coming your way.
Take care my friend.
But those DL - Speed and determination. Well done.

2 Likes

Woke at 235.2 lbs, apparently. Got a bunch of different readings, and that’s the average. It’s got to be dehydration. Definitely looking flatter around the midsection. Either way, today I’m hitting fluid hard and I’m eating a ton.

@mortdk I got a bit of a cold earlier in the week. Worked a bunch too. Probably just a buildup.

3 Likes

Wiped the fuck out. Just in time for 10 second rest callisthenics buttfucking day too. Won’t be looking to hit set targets, just want to get done. Going across the road to save time.

Today’s training

Push-ups
50 total reps - 10s, a five or so and a few twos

Diamond push-ups
25 total reps - 5s, some twos and ones

Dips
50 total reps - two rounds of 25, each one going 5s to 15 then threes, twos and maybe a one

Bench dips
50 total reps: 10s

Pull-ups
35 total reps: 5, 3, 1 (9), rest; 5, 2, 1 (8, total 17), rest (27 minutes from starting dips to here, apropos of nothing); 4, 2, 1, 1, 1 (9, total 26), rest; 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 (35)

Air squats
80 total reps: 20s

Lying leg raises
50 total reps: 10s to 30, 7, 6, 7

Around an hour 20 minutes

6 Likes

Post training, still can’t pose for shit

Screenshot_20180825-180725

7 Likes

Every time Mark posts pictures I secretly hope he would hit that very awkward looking side triceps pose

2 Likes

I’m right there with ya. I might feel better about my physique if I could figure out how to make my muscles stand out when I’m taking pics. I do something that I think will do the trick, snap a photo, and then think “Well, shit, I guess I haven’t made any progress” and then delete the photo.

2 Likes

Mark’s turning into a mass monster

3 Likes

try posing with axes, machetes, sledge hammers, knives etc. it helps IMHO.

:smiley:

4 Likes

Maybe I just need to get a really good camera and take videos of me swinging those items. Surely at some point I can pause it and pull out a sweet still shot.

2 Likes

yup that works hah. and getting stills from vid is probably the most efficient way to get a good shot. “selfies” and “pose shots” were definitely easier for me when I took dunk footage, could just pull out a nice still frame, if I saw something cool. ;f

2 Likes

I did that with a few dunks last year. I was screwing around at the Y and recorded it because if I didn’t there might not be any record of me dunking. I posted it on Instagram with some still shots and a video.

I don’t think my phone has the ability to be clear enough to show any muscle definition though. I’d have to hire someone or upgrade.

2 Likes

That could turn out to be pretty kinky

2 Likes

Woke at 238.3 lbs, looking very similar to yesterday. Relief.

1 Like