MarkKO's Training Log

Woke at 238.7 lbs, looking identical to yesterday. Win. Got in somewhere north of five litres of fluid yesterday and didn’t shy away from the calories either. Seems to have had the desired effect.

@The_Myth I haven’t checked either cholesterol or blood sugar. Probably should. I will eventually.

3 Likes

It’s not manly but I get annual blood work just to make sure I’m good. I eat a ton of carbs. I’d rather find that I’m pre-diabetic from the blood work instead of when I start losing weight or passing out unexpectedly.

2 Likes

Dunno, looking after yourself is pretty manly.

2 Likes

QOTD. hah.

2 Likes

When I was 220, my blood sugar was 110, A1c was 5.8.

At 180, it’s 85 and 5.4.

My father is diabetic, both my grand fathers were as well.

But, it’s genetic. And they were in their 70’s. It’s a me issue.

3 Likes

My glucose is always in the mid 90s. I’ll probably get another blood test done this winter when this bulk reaches its peak to see if I’ve broke the 100 barrier.

2 Likes

Woke at 238.7 lbs again, little bit bloated.

2 Likes

Very slight cold, but enough to make a difference.

Today’s training

Air squats, reverse hyper and planks

Squat, mono
5xbar
5xplate/143 lbs
5x2 plates/231 lbs - belt on because I got my new 13 mm Pioneer and I need to break it in. I got the Pioneer Cut for extra adjustability.
2x10x302 lbs

Close stance squat (feet two inches closer in)
2x10x302 lbs

Front squat
14x154 lbs

Step ups
2x2 minutes - went with bodyweight because by now I wasn’t feeling so great and it also let me really focus on not pushing off my rear foot

Good morning
3x12x100 lbs

Alternating DB hammer curls
4x15x20 lbs

Done in an hour and 25 minutes

9 Likes

How are your quads after that?

1 Like

What’s your current plan look like Mark? Are you trying to win that hyper trophy at the moment ?

1 Like

Woke at 237.2 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. Feeling marginally better too.

@anon96032531 quads are fine.

@simo74 I’ve got this and another week of this bullshit and then back to normal.

6 Likes

Pretty tired going in, took a truck to Sydney and back so work was 0330-1730

Today’s training

Band work, pull-ups, hand release push-ups

Bench press
5xbar
5xplate
2x10x176 lbs

Wide grip bench press (pointer finger on rings)
2x10x176 lbs

CGBP to a one-board
14x132 lbs

DB bench
1 minute 30 seconds with 50 lbs DBs - 27 in total, rested a couple of times after 20

Tate press
3x12x25 lbs

Tricep pushdown
4x35x22 lbs

Done in an hour

6 Likes

Woke at 238 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. At this rate I probably will need to increase the calories, but I’m sticking with waiting till my August/September check to do it. I’m sitting in the 3300-3700 calories window most days, with bare minimum set at 3100. If I need to boost them up I’ll probably up my minimum to 3300 and shoot to sit in the 3500-3900 window.

Oh, and Greg actually mentioned I have gotten bigger :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Woke at 237.8 lbs, looking the same as yesterday.

2 Likes

Ended up ditching training. I was simply too tired by the time I finished work. So I went home and made burgers. Ate three. Didn’t even feel particularly full.

8 Likes

Smash it next session mate :+1:

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

I stayed home Tuesday night. All the weights and barbells were still in the gym when I went back yesterday(Wednesday night).

4 Likes

Big boy humble brag

5 Likes

Woke at 237.8 lbs again, looking much the same. Still pretty tired. Taking some pre-trainer to work because I really do need to train after work today.

3 Likes