MarkKO's Training Log

Woke at 236.3 lbs, but only some definite lower ab bloating from the sheer volume of food I ate yesterday (Thai and favourite bakery). No wateriness or anything.

Stiffness has set in so I think I need to go move a bit today

4 Likes

Ended up going in and doing air squats, planks, empty bar squats and light AF reverse hypers. Still fucking exhausted.

6 Likes

Feeling way less stiff after moving around and much perkier after a bit of a nap. I’ll probably go an do some pull-ups and bench the bar a few times tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hey Mark
That was awesome, very impressing :slight_smile:
Congrats man.

1 Like

Glad to see you doing the active recovery work. It is critical to getting everything lined up for training again

1 Like

Woke at 237.6 lbs, bloated and watery. That’s salt from yesterday for sure. Nowhere near as stiff as yesterday.

Great job at the meet!

Its funny picturing some tiny Asian lady climbing around and punching you during the massage.

I’ve been trying to copy your bench press setup. It seems to work better than just laying down.

1 Like

@FlatsFarmer google Swede Burns bench setup or just watch

I’d share Greg’s video but it’s on our closed facebook group and the link doesn’t work if you aren’t in. Swede sets up pretty much identically though, which isn’t surprising because he and Greg are BFFs and he coaches Greg.

3 Likes

Today’s training

Some band work

Pull-ups: 8, 6 - maybe that extra weight is starting to have an impact, although since I’ve never gone beyond nine really…

Hand release push-ups: 8 (I think)

Bench press (back on the EFS fat pad bench)
2x5xbar
3x3x137 lbs

Shut it down here

I’ll do the hypertrophy program Friday which is essentially just bodyweight and then from Monday into the six weeks of hypertrophy

Took some pics, as today was an all-time scale weight PR

IMAG0945

I’ll go for a mile run tomorrow (this isn’t off the cuff, I’ve been planning to this week for a while) to see what I can do. Same route as last couple of times. If I can get sub-eight minutes I’ll be happy enough, if I come close to my last time I’ll be pretty smug.

8 Likes

If you get sub eight minutes then I might need to kill myself. I’ve actually been conditioning and I won’t do sub eight…

5 Likes

Woke at 236.7 lbs, looking less watery but still kind of bloated.

You’re safe @Frank_C managed 850 metres (half a mile) in two minutes and 54 seconds. It fucking sucked, and what really stopped me was the pump in my lower back and how heavy my legs got. I was sucking wind but it was bearable. Probably didn’t help that I started waaay too fast.

4 Likes

You’re still safe. I caught my breath and went again, this time focusing on controlling pace and breathing. Got nine minutes and one second. Kinda shitty. My excuse is I’m over 235 lbs and don’t do conditioning. Back pump fucking sucked but because I wasn’t breathing out of control I could manage it.

When I ran the exact same in January 2017 I was doing conditioning and weighed around 201 lbs. I did it in seven minutes and 17 seconds.

So an extra 35 lbs and no conditioning adds a minute and 45 seconds. Seems fair.

8 Likes

Fixed that for you :wink:

3 Likes

This is the first thing that hits me when I try to run a mile. It must have something to do with our weight.

It’s kind of obvious. 230+ lbs + running = fuck that.

1 Like

Something like that. I’ll probably try again sometime towards the end of the year and see what happens.

The back pump is most likely from your chest heaving for breath at 100mph and the rate of arm swing to get your legs moving

@painter27 you’re not the only one copping it, just FYI

I’m pretty sure it’s from keeping my trunk upright. I know how to control my breathing if I think about it. I think.

1 Like

Want to start an emotional support group? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We already have one. It’s called a squat rack.

4 Likes