MarkKO's Training Log

At a guess, I’ll be able to ditch the pseudoephedrine tomorrow and ride out the antibiotics. Breathing is easier but I’m still getting tired pretty fast, although not as bad as yesterday. At any rate, on track to be back to normal before meet day.

1 Like

Woke at 233.4 lbs, wateriness all gone and bloat starting to subside. Probably around 90% and with that comes the realisation that tomorrow is my last day training before the meet. Which brings me to: I get cranky when I don’t train as much. Even the last two weeks I started noticing because the volume was so low. Meet week is going to be interesting :joy: but I’ll be primed for meet day, that’s for sure.

7 Likes

I’m the same way. It’s tough when you don’t get the gym release. However, harness all that rage and release on meet day. Big PRs abound!

2 Likes

That’s all I can do really. I hate to think what I’d be like on gear :scream:

3 Likes

Ya makes sense. Going to come off that taper/peak (overshoot/supercompensation) with post-sickness rebound as well… double peak. :f

1 Like

I’m pretty much the same; if I don’t feel like I train enough I’m cranky but on the other hand if I run something bulgarian-ish maxing out and hyping every day I become more aggressive even outside the gym.

It’s really interesting how lifting frequency and “style” affects mood

2 Likes

Woke at 233.9 lbs, looking a little watery but not particularly bloated. Still not 100% but getting there.

Last training before meet day. Irritable AF all day.

Today’s training

Air squats, planks

Squat, mono
5xbar
5xplate/143 lbs
3x2 plates/231 lbs
5x2x269 lbs

Pull-ups and hand release push-ups (8 each)

Bench press
5xbar
5x3x148 lbs

Jumps

DL, DL bar
3xplate
3x2 plates
6x1x297 lbs

Took an hour all up

Also, physique check. I am now officially a fat fuck, until I flex. Then I’m a fat fuck with muscles. Ok, so this is pumped which is cheating, but I don’t really care.

8 Likes

You might be a bit on the not so lean side, but you’re looking strong af.
Back is looking really good.

2 Likes

Yer backing looking real thick.

1 Like

Damn I’m jealous of your bulk. I can nearly see my abs lately :confused:

Does the missus prefer you chunky or lean?

1 Like

I want to see some side by side shots comparing your current physique with your old 225 lb physique.

1 Like

And in the middle put down the picture of the lean Mark from May 2017 :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you decide to diet down after you are done with powerlifting that back is going to look fucking nasty good. You got some great density going on there

1 Like

Woke at 233.9 lbs, a little less watery and less bloated. Energy levels are picking up too.

@Frank_C @mortdk this is the best I can do

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTpeof7FFwZ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=v90wp9ik22ps

5 Likes

Need those side by side with bodybuilder under one and power lifter under the other. lol

2 Likes

Nawww baby mark :heart_eyes:

:joy::joy: in all honesty what do you prefer? Lean and hungry or beastly and full?

1 Like

Full. It’s just more natural to me to be fat and eat.

5 Likes

I like the fuller me better when I am wearing a t-shirt, when I see a pic of me on the beach with the kids In just shorts meh not so much !!

1 Like

Were you 198 or so in this pic?

Dude, you were fucking ripped.

It just highlights the deal with different tools for different goals.

So thrilled for you to blow up your meet!

1 Like