MarkKO's Training Log

Just the night shift I hope. Start smashing the bit c and d mate

Apparently not. Took last night off and just decided to do the same tonight because my nose is now starting to become a fucking fountain and my throat is closing up. I’ve been fighting this fucker for several days now, luckily peak is about done apart from deadlifts on Thursday and a speed day Sunday so I’ll be able to recover.

1 Like

Fluids and food mate and as much sleep/rest as possible. Stay super warm and sweat that fker out.

1 Like

Get well soon Mark :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woke at 233.9 lbs, looking a bit more bloated than yesterday which is exactly as I expected. Congestion has set in, but I think I may have avoided the sore throat which would be great because I fucking hate having a sore throat. Definitely going to be doing fuck all today.

4 Likes

Wise very wise my friend

1 Like

Also, monthly weight gain check. End of May it was 5.8 lbs a month or 1.4 lbs a week, and as I said back then skirting the danger zone. I expected to be going full Kenny Loggins this month. However, end of June sees an increase of 4.8 lbs a month or 1.2 lbs a week. So, great success.

6 Likes

Great job Bud!

1 Like

Lol. Never go full Kenny Loggins

2 Likes

Woke at 234.7 lbs, looking kind of watery with some lower ab bloating. That’s pretty typical for me when I’m sick. Feeling better than yesterday though. Antibiotics, pseudoephedrine and rest work wonders.

1 Like

Its like this flu has gone australia wide, been fighting it off for the last 2 weeks man hopefully you beat it quick :pray:

2 Likes

Today’s training

Air squats, banded good mornings, planks, jumps

DL, DL bar
3xplate
3x2 plates
2x3 plates
1x4 plates
3x1x478 lbs - Greg said drop my ass two inches, and it helped.

Done in an hour and five minutes

Still feeling better but still sick.

5 Likes

Get rid of it out of Canberra before I get there! That’s the last thing I want to be battling in my 1St few weeks of training!

3 Likes

@MarkKO hey when’s the meet again? I forget. ;f

1 Like

Sunday week, 15th July. So plenty of time for this bug to clear. TBH, I couldn’t have gotten it at a better time really: peak is done, and there’s plenty of time for it to get out of my system; plus I find I’m very unlikely to get another bug within the week or two of having had one.

5 Likes

First time I’ve done this: actually made myself a meet card. Mrs KO laminated it for me so I can make changes with a marker.

Now it’s sitting on our dining table, so I see it regularly and ingrain the numbers mentally. They’re bigger than I expected, but I’m ready. The last two weeks really brought that home because nothing felt particularly hard and everything moved well.

17 Likes

Wowza and I thought my 20kg jump on Deads was big!!! I like the strategy. Never miss an open, take what you know is there on the 2nd and pad the total on the 3rd?

I want to lower my openers but dont like the idea of larger jumps. I am planning to attempt those larger jumps though through the Taper so here’s hoping.

EDIT: I realize why those jumps looked so daunting for me, I had used them on hypothetical 3rds not based off of completed 3rds in which the larger jumps line up on point.

2 Likes

Does Panora have input on helping pick your attempts? Or are you flying solo when shit gets real with the numbers?

2 Likes

@BOTSLAYER @Despade Greg has a system for us to pick attempts, all based on our fatigued max. It basically goes 90-92.5% is your opener, which you hit in week three of peak; then second attempt is 100-102.5% and third 103-105%. Bench is down the low end of that usually. The idea is that we know we can hit that 100% fatigued, because we did in week two. So, by meet day when we’re recovered we know we can add a little extra.

Hell, I know I could have had another 10 pounds on my squat and five on bench in week two. Deadlift was the only one where I really hit my limits.

Greg’s system takes any emotion out of it. We have our window and we take what’s there on meet day. The general consensus is to be conservative and go nine for nine, which suits me just fine because that’s what I’ve always done anyway. Now I just have a system that’s based on what I know I can do rather than what I hope I can do.

6 Likes

Woke at 234 lbs, less watery but still bloated. Feeling better, maybe around 85 per cent.