MarkKO's Training Log

Woke at 233.6 lbs, looking fairly bloated and watery. Third or fourth fucked sleep in a row.

That is so annoying, I usually sleep kind of meh.
I wake up 3 - 4 times not every night but often.
I think you sleep even worse than me.
Hoping you’ll find a solution.

1 Like

Well, my body does have its own way of solving the problem, but I need to get so tired it shuts down. I know that’s happening when I start shaking and my thermoregulation goes to hell and I get stupidly hot.

1 Like

Today’s training

Some band work

Pull-ups and hand release push-ups (8 apiece, did the pull-ups as strict dead hangs)

Bench press
5xbar
5xplate
3x176 lbs
1x2 plates
3x1x269 lbs - this is my opener, made sure to pause properly. Felt massively heavier than last week, but that wasn’t reflected in how it moved. Like squats yesterday

Paused bench press 3 seconds on chest
3x3x209 lbs

Shoulder, lat, pec and tricep stretching

Done in 50 minutes.

13 Likes

I’d scroll up but it’s thousands of posts. What were your bench numbers at your last meet?

1 Like

@Frank_C 269 lbs last meet. Best ever 286 lbs.

2 Likes

Woke at 231 lbs, almost all bloating and wateriness gone. Slept well, thank fuck: around seven hours unbroken. Makes a difference.

4 Likes

Woke at 232.5 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. Was meant to deadlift this morning but decided that tomorrow would be better. Today would have meant up at 0400 to train. Tomorrow means I can train at 1530ish. Still have to get up early to work tomorrow but given the option I prefer to train with several meals under my belt.

4 Likes

Woke at 233.9 lbs, little bit of lower ab bloating but no wateriness or anything.

1 Like

Good luck with the upcoming meet. Is is raw? Normal 3 lift meet?

1 Like

Yes, raw (with wraps) full power. Might be one or two equipped there too, you never know.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Feel like I’ve been fighting off a cold for the last couple of days.

Today’s training

Air squats, banded good mornings, planks, jumps

DL, DL bar
3xplate
3x2 plates
2x3 plates
1x4 plates, belt on and mixed grip
1x5 plates
2x1x539 lbs - openers again

SGDL
3x5x297 lbs - beltless, no straps for set two because I got shitty at them

Stretching and mobility shit

Done in 50 minutes

12 Likes

Woke at 233 lbs, looking similar to yesterday, maybe a bit better. Felling better too.

2 Likes

Woke at 233.9 lbs, looking the same as yesterday. Night shifts start tonight but it’s just a run of five. Slept well, and long.

3 Likes

Funny thing: went to lunch today with Mrs KO, Korean fusion kind of place. Delicious and not a huge meal but sat heavy AF on my stomach for ages. Not sure why. Typical weekend of being all over the place so ate less often so had to pack more in each meal.

1 Like

Breakfast was six of these and a hot chocolate. Oddly enough, it isn’t overly removed in macros to my normal breakfast, and well within my fat budget.

7 Likes

Today’s training

Air squats, planks

Squat, mono
5xbar plus collars
5xplate plus collars
3x2 plates plus collars
2x3 plates plus collars, belt on, wraps 6 revolutions
3x1x429 lbs, wraps 7 revolutions - first felt off, knees forward, second better and third best

Including mobility junk an hour

6 Likes

Woke at 234 lbs, looking much the same as yesterday and maybe even a little less bloated. That’s two meals into the day and after under three hours sleep, so win there.

2 Likes

Woke at 233 lbs, again much the same as yesterday.

Tired, feeling off

Today’s training

Band work, pull-ups (9, ninth was meh but I’ll take it), hand release push-ups (9)

Bench press
5xbar
3xplate
1x198 lbs
4x1x242 lbs - moved well, all with a decent pause

Done in about 45 minutes

7 Likes