MarkKO's Training Log

I was using the exact same ones. The way I wrap is four revolutions up from the bottom, x over the knee, then another revolution at the top and tie it off. I got that from Sheiko.

I did get significant rebound out of them, I just later heard people (like Jay Nera quoting Dan Green) say that they are better for people who squat with a wider stance because they provide more stopping power. Jay actually compared them to the Signature Golds which he said are better for someone with a medium-narrow stance and faster descent, they have less stopping power and way more rebound. I grabbed a pair and I certainly feel a difference, I have only used them three times (plus one set on a deload workout) and I’m right on the borderline for depth but I should be able to make them work. I just see you killing it in wraps with almost no practice and I wanted to know your secret.

I’m not going to say that I’m great at wrapping my knees, I get the job done but the only possible improvement I can see would be using a different style. I was told that less wrap behind my knees would be better because it won’t stop me as much, it’s the front part that stretches and gives you the rebound. I’m getting plenty of rebound in these, I think I just need some more practice and speed up my descent a bit and I should be good.

1 Like

That bar visibly moved forward but good recovery Mark to stay tight and bring it back in line. Like the smile at the end.

1 Like

Less wrap behind would make hitting depth easier I guess. I’m afraid I can’t be much more helpful. Wraps never took any real adjustment for me. A couple of sets to remember what they feel like and I’m good to go.

1 Like

Strong Mark strong AF.

Feeling beat up and not fresh and then you do this.

Good job bringing that bar back in

1 Like

Well, I had to since I kicked it away like an idiot :joy:

Next week I’ll start with the bar an inch or so off my shins and see if that helps.

Finally caught up with your log.

1 Like

Yes Mate! Great work for 600

1 Like

That’s interesting, it was a major adjustment for me. It could be because you squat with a wider stance and a bit less knee flexion. I squat with about a shoulder width stance and more quad dominant, supposedly that style of squatting will also benefit the most from wraps (if used properly) but it’s not easy to get that last couple inches. I guess there is nothing to it but practice.

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice work not losing that midway.
Looks like you’re going to have a good meet this year.

1 Like

Woke at 231.4 lbs, some lower ab bloating again.

Very strong lifts mate, very smooth. Especially bench and squat. I really hope all the hard work that you have been putting in (and hard it was as we all can witness - from weight gain over sleep problems and the crazy workout indused fatigue) will pay of! Best of luck going forward.

3 Likes

Today’s ‘training’

Air squats with broomstick
100 total reps: 4x25

Walking lunges
4x15 m at bodyweight

Lying leg raises
50 total reps: 2x25

8 Likes

Woke at 232.1 lbs, not really bloated but definitely holding quite a bit of water.

2 Likes

Woke at 232.5 lbs, looking similar to yesterday. Long-ish but monumentally shit sleep. Probably has something to do with it.

1 Like

Woke at 232.5 lbsb, looking less watery. More shit sleep.

1 Like

Today’s training

Air squats and planks

Squat, mono
5xbar
5xplates plus collars
3x2 plates plus collars
2x3 plates plus collars - belt on, wraps at 6 revolutions
1x4 plates plus collars - wraps at 7 revolutions
2x2x484 lbs - wraps at 8 revolutions and when on bruises from last week that hurts in the hole. Definitely feeling the fatigue but moved fine. This or 5-10 lbs higher will be my opener

Squat paused 3 seconds in the hole
2x2x352 lbs - much more work coming back up, especially second rep and ESPECIALLY second rep of set two, because my vision started shaking

Including stretching and shit done in an hour and 15 minutes. Then hung around for another half hour and a bit helping Alex out.

9 Likes

Do you know why Greg includes this?

1 Like

Its probably a ridiculous question but if you take the “stupid” out of this question and actually consider it, do you think your life would be easier or do you feel youd be able to achieve more with your own standard of a “good sleep” ?

To keep loose. Hips are one of the first things that tend to lock up when you’re working with heavier loads. .

3 Likes

Easier, yes. Achieve more, probably not. I get what I need to do done, it’s just that I fairly often feel shitty while doing it. A good sleep regularly would do a fair bit to remove the shitty.

2 Likes