MarkKO's Training Log

@Koestrizer it’s July 15. I actually haven’t mentioned the date in a while. This week was week one of the peak, next week is fatigued max time and then I taper down.

2 Likes

Mid-session pumped up check-in. Best pump I’ve had in ages.

8 Likes

Today’s training

Pull-ups (9, ninth a bit iffy but just OK)

Push-ups
50 total reps at bodyweight: 30, 20

DB lateral raises
4x12x25 lbs - best pump I’ve had in a long time

Bench dips
50 total reps at bodyweight: 15, 20, 15 (did these off a barbell in a rack, which was kind of preferable to an actual box)

BB rows
6x176 lbs
2x6x198 lbs
6x220 lbs

Instructions were to keep the weight moderate.

Sit-ups
50 total reps: 25, 10, 15 - did these in the GHR

Done in an hour

3 Likes

Slap a bloody apron onto that first pic and you’re ready to play a psychopathic butcher in a horror movie

(That’s a compliment)

5 Likes

Not sure why you had to add this, it was clearly a compliment :joy:

4 Likes

Something in the back of my head told me to do it

Maybe I’m the psychopathic one

2 Likes

Yeah, I totally took it as a compliment @danteism

2 Likes

Damn Mark
Looking good.
We’ve got this odd danish movie about two butchers opening a new shop. Selling chicken in a special marinade… it’s human flesh, you would fit right in.
“green butchers” it’s called in English with Mads Mikkelsen in one of the lead roles. Very crazy and hilarious.

2 Likes

I mean, I eat some weird stuff at times, but there are limits…

you shouldn’t eat it, you’re one of the butchers.

1 Like

Woke at 230 lbs, mo bloat and looking decent.

Dude you are recomping the weight now and it is scary.

Nice work chuckles…

2 Likes

Thanks. Hopefully that’s what’s happening. Forty or so pounds to go.

2 Likes

Woke at 229.9 lbs, looking the same as yesterday. Lats are sore AF.

Hey, I lurk in your journal, and just wanted to stop in and offer some advice on the non-sleeping. My hubby had the same issue, after his sleep study, we were shocked at the poverty of his actual “quality” sleep, he maybe clocked 1/2 hour of restful sleep due to sleep apnea/rem cycle disturbance. He has used a cpap for years, and has vastly increased and improved his sleep pattterns and feeling rested.
I highly recommend getting tested, the quality of his life was vastly improved by getting better sleep.
Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks @littlelee that’s definitely the plan.

Today’s training

Air squats and planks - this is something I can do at the meet so better find out how it compares to the usual. It’ll work.

Squat, mono
5xbar
5xbar
5xplates plus collars
3x2 plates plus collars
2x3 plates plus collars, belt and wraps (6 revolutions)
1x4 plates plus collars, 7 revolutions

Nerves started in earnest

1x473 lbs, 8 revolutions - quick, definitely way lighter than this kind of weight has felt
1x517 lbs, 8 revolutions - fucked up the pick, feet too far forward and stumbled so I had to take a step back and then forward on my right but moved well, no sticking point. This what I came in to do, 10 lbs higher than my last heavy squat around September 2017.
1x539 lbs, 8 revolutions - got the pick right and called it here. Probably had another 10 lbs for a grinder so left this is my fatigued max. All my numbers for peak will be based on this. Two big wins: one, equal all-time PR; and two, which is way bigger of a deal, throughout the lift I was able to think about exactly what I needed to be doing at any given point. I have NEVER been able to do that with heavy weights before.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkJeM6zHXEg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=8dvbv8p5uhy4

Stretched and shit.

Bench tomorrow.

24 Likes

That looks so easy. Nice work, Mark!

1 Like

It kind of was. If I needed any more proof that Greg’s approach works, this was it. Apart from last week, the heaviest I’ve had on my back since end 2017 was 390 lbs. Last week I had 418 lbs.

1 Like

I feel like CT’s program has done a good job of getting volume at the right percentages for growth for me. I’ve been grinding away week in and week out and once I worked up to my PRs the weights felt way easier than in the past.

Although I don’t follow Greg’s stuff I’ve adopted the mindset of getting the work done and inducing fatigue. I haven’t suffered nearly as much as you, but when I have a bad day I just tell myself that I’m there to induce fatigue. My body doesn’t actually know how much weight is on the bar. It helps to prevent me from getting upset when the weights push me around.

1 Like