MarkKO's Training Log

Amazing work man!

Not quite but a good start. Next week’s the fun one.

1 Like

Oh boy

1 Like

Woke at 229.5 lbs, looking totally different. All bloat gone. Had a good sleep for the first time in a while (by my standards: six hours without waking up), so that probably made a big difference.

@danteism I’m excited. It’s such a different feel compared to regular training. I mean, that makes sense since I’m not building anything now.

3 Likes

Ok, so feeling fucking exhausted. Could bare get out of bed. Fucking joy.

Today’s training

Pull-ups and hand release push-ups (8 each, wasn’t going to try a ninth pull-up and fail)

Bench press
5xbar
5xplate
3x176 lbs
3x1x225 lbs - listened to commands in my head and assumed a fair pause. Still fast

Paused bench three seconds on the chest
4x3x160 lbs - harder work than the standard bench

Military press
4x6x110 lbs - instructions were to keep it light and this felt like it fit the bill

Done in an hour and five minutes

6 Likes

I don’t understand

But than 3 hours later:

Did you go back to bed for a few hours…?

3 Likes

nice @ peaking!!

eek @ knot.

I need to see someone eventually to try and loosen up my calves. Man they feel so damn weird it’s driving me nuts. The weirdest thing: they feel fine when running. Then when i’m not running, they feel “thick” and odd.

I’ve never been able to get into the hamstrings too well, other than direct digging in with my hands.

pc!

1 Like

@Irishman92 just because I slept well doesn’t mean I got enough sleep :joy: I’m a terrible sleeper: I usually wake up two to three hours after falling asleep and then every hour or two thereafter. So, six straight is way better than usual. Still felt fucked when I got up though. I did nap later for around three hours.

@adarqui a lacrosse ball tends to work if you get the angles right and find a way to stop it rolling around. The knot’s getting better on it’s own so far, with some little stretching. Im deadlifting Thursday so that’ll do something.

2 Likes

Mark rolling your feet on a tennis ball or lacrosse ball can help with tight hamstrings. Can be a little painful though :wink:

3 Likes

This I have to try. Would a golf ball work too @simo74

Golfballs are great aswell, i specifically use them on my triceps before any type of chest or clean lift

2 Likes

Yes don’t see why not, google standing on tennis ball for tight hamstrings and I am sure you will get a better description than I can give :wink:

1 Like

Woke at 229.5 lbs, some bloat. Horrible sleep.

We use tennis balls in the foam rolling class. I still can’t put all of my weight on it. I’m sure a golf ball would be hell.

2 Likes

Just caught up Mark.
Nice pull ups.
Yeah Peak finally :slight_smile:

3 Likes

cool!

also, sitting on the edge of some kind of hard table (metal table at a park is what I used before) where your legs can swing through, can put alot of pressure on the hamstring while swinging the legs, that feels good. hah. probably could also add in the lacrosse ball.

1 Like

If I may pry, what do you do to try to get the best sleep possible for you? I know shift work can really wreak havoc on sleep architecture, but there’s still ideas and things that can help.

1 Like

Yeah, did that today. It’s way better. Probably around 85 per cent of ROM back, so tomorrow will probably open it back up to normal.

Pry away @Fletch1986. TBH I’m just a shit sleeper. Even during day shifts, which account for most of my roster, I sleep badly. I rarely sleep for more than four hours straight and I suspect I get a deep sleep longer than two hours once every couple of months at best. This last week Mrs KO has had a wicked cough that’s had her waking very often and coughing her guts out (literally, for the first couple of days). That hasn’t helped much either.

I’m probably going to get a sleep study done.

5 Likes