MarkKO's Training Log

I’ve got 40 pounds to go till that’s even a possibility.

4 Likes

Could probably go to the zoo, they’ve got a fairly hefty scale there.
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Some people take that between reps!

2 Likes

Powerlifter card revoked haha DQ for not enough time taken.

5 Likes

Don’t use swearwords in this log :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Woke looking similar to the last few days. Scale seems cooperative, so I’ll call it 228.1 lbs.

Sorry, my bad!

1 Like

lol @ swear words. +100

2 Likes

Today’s training

Fucking tired today

Leg extensions, GHR sit-ups and jumps

Front squat
Worked up to 10x264 lbs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjLfJLkhltr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1tac5jbzc1205

Descent for the first rep is really slow these days. Seems like I’ve got no issue getting down there,
I just need to feel my way down that first rep.

Air squats
50 total reps - did them with the bar again. Maybe did 60, lost 10 somewhere after 20

Leg press
The good one is gone :cry:
4x12 with seven plates per side

Lower back super pumped up by now

SSB good mornings
10x154 lbs - waaaaaay too heavy today
10x132 lbs - so much less like death

BB rows
12x132 lbs
12x154 lbs
12x176 lbs

Weighted sit-ups
3x10 with 44 lbs

Done in an hour 30 minutes

8 Likes

Awesome Mark

Your front squat is just like mine, when I’m using the bar only :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol this made me chuckle

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one who has a pokey 1st descent with front squats. Really strong upper back though, your arms barely sagged even under fatigue.

1 Like

You’d hope with all the rows Greg has us do :joy:

It’s funny, front squats still suck hairy balls, but somehow I can use more weight for more reps.

3 Likes

Woke at 227.3 lbs, looking a bit watery and a little bloated. Didn’t sleep well though, so there’s that.

3 Likes

Woke at 228.6 lbs, looking about the same as yesterday but less bloated and watery. Slept well, so there really seems to be a relationship there.

3 Likes

Jesus christ. That’s normally how long I take between clean/jerk/snatch reps.

2 Likes

Fascinating, isn’t it?

Especially on a diet it’s really cool when you sleep too little for a week or even longer and wake up bloated every day, and then one night you sleep really well, wake up dry and see massive changes

It’s fucking horrible. Honestly, I probably took five seconds between each of the five because I was sucking wind. Funny thing, when I started with Greg these floored me, especially on deads. Now, they suck but they’re just suckful.

Totally. I saw that often when I was lean. Now, less obvious but still noticeable.

At least I don’t need to go to kindergarten to get weighed @danteism

1 Like

images

2 Likes