MarkKO's Training Log

Thanks @Irishman92 @duketheslaya @simo74

I feel better - well, fatigued, but better and stronger.

Oh, and woke at 224.6 lbs. Winning. Tomorrow probably more because I just had a pizza for dinner. Local supermarket makes them fresh for 10 bucks. Quality.

3 Likes

The program I’m following is 12 weeks long. Once I finish I could deload for a couple of weeks and restart it. I’d add 5 or 10 lbs to my week 12 weights and do the math backwards all the way to week 1. It would take 12 weeks to add 5 or 10 lbs to each lift. I think I could run that for years before I stalled (assuming I wanted to continue gaining weight).

Throw in some phases of cutting or focusing on something else like conditioning and it’ll drag that process out even longer.

When you think in terms of years, progressing by 5-10 lbs per year might be sustainable.

2 Likes

Your log is so fast moving I have a hard time keeping up with all the post :crazy_face: I remember when I learned so much from your log and now I need hours to catch up. HA!

You look jacked and your traps make you even more beast :flushed: I would like to see your legs but maybe you recently posted and I missed it.

2 Likes

I’m prolific. That’s a fancy word for not shutting up :joy:

I haven’t posted a decent full body shot in a while. Maybe six weeks ago? I’ll remember to next time though.

4 Likes

Today’s training

Very high inverted rows, hand release push-ups, some kettlebell halos

Bench press
5xbar
3x88 lbs
5x5x137 lbs, 10 second rests between sets -took a minute and 30 seconds. It was fucked, all I could do was count reps and sets and hope I didn’t lose count. New bench is good, comp spec so I’ll probably use it from now until peak is over

CGBP
2x10x137 lbs

DB flyes
10x50 lbs
2x10x55 lbs

Greg said to go a heavier on these today, so I did.

DB tricep extensions
3x10x25 lbs

DB lateral raises
3x12x25 lbs

All this took 45 minutes on the nose. I took a longer rest for the next part, maybe five minutes

Pull-ups
We were told to do four sets of max reps, trying to keep the reps the same each set - which is why I rested a bit more. Decided to use the sliding handles on the Elite FTS rack and go mechanical advantage because I figured if I’m going for max reps there’s no way in hell I’ll even have a chance of matching my first set without it

Widex8
Shoulder widthx7
Closex6
Really fucking closex5

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bix3xUiBalv/

They took just under 15 minutes. I’m pretty pleased. Adding weight doesn’t seem to have stopped my progress on pull-ups.

All up took an hour and 10 minutes

8 Likes

Are you sure you aren’t related to me? Haha

1 Like

Woke at 227.3 lbs, looking a bit bloated but nothing massively different to yesterday. That’s after four hours sleep immediately after a big bowl of minced beef and rice and plenty of fluids.

1 Like

Jesus christ, Mark. You’ve gained like 40lbs this year!

2 Likes

Something like that. Sounds like a bit when you put it like that.

2 Likes

Mate, I’m super impressed! I’d be happy with half of that, you big bulky bear of a man.

8 Likes

People in glass houses…

https://goo.gl/images/7pZJdc

Edit: fuuuucck that didn’t work… Stoopid thing, can’t bloody inbed images…

1 Like

Did that with a gif yesterday. Was pretty fookin embarrassed honestly

1 Like

It’s bloody annoying because one day I can post pics all day than the next it tells me it doesn’t support the format. So than I try to link it via the Web but it doesn’t inbed it. It really takes away from the moment. I swear if I posted it the way I wanted, there would have been some hearty chuckles from people all over the world!

3 Likes

Well shucks :blush: thanks a lot @yogi1 coming from you that’s a real compliment

1 Like

If it helps I smiled when the link opened

1 Like

Also, completely forgot. Walking out of the gym yesterday saw one of the old dudes who trains there happily fast asleep on a bench. Must’ve drifted off between sets.

10 Likes

Scary motherfucker :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does help!

Wow powerlifters really take ‘long rest between sets’ to the extreme!

2 Likes

You sure he wasn’t dead?

4 Likes